Not able to play on laptop

berentain

Old
Society
Digital Resistance
Berentain Berentain Korodullin
Ever since the last 2 patches, I was not able to play EU on my laptop at all. I used to be able to play no problem pre-patch.
My spec is: Toshiba z930, i7-3667u 2.0GHz, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, 6gig RAM, Intel HD graphic 4000, SSD HD.
Problem: After I launch the game (client) it always freezes in 32-bit and 64-bit. It always said "not responding" and never once let me get to the log-in screen.
Diagnostic: I tried everything from the tools menu - fullscreen/windowed mode, 64bit &32-bit, connection speed, download thread count, sounds, repair, reset, clear cache. All drivers are up to date as well (graphic, sound, etc)

So.. anyone have any ideas on this? Will i need to uninstall then reinstall the game?

after VU and patches, the login screen 'hangs' for a few minutes, but eventually responds and I am able to login no problem. have you tried waiting a few minutes?

edit: I play from lappy too - bit less specs than yours, but still 64bit

after VU and patches, the login screen 'hangs' for a few minutes, but eventually responds and I am able to login no problem. have you tried waiting a few minutes?

edit: I play from lappy too - bit less specs than yours, but still 64bit

desktop comp, vista 64bit, if i change to 32 bit in setting then im able to run it with funny 3-min waiting before login screen, usuallly loaded in 1-2 secs,

with 64 bit game crashes instantly sayng dinput8.dll is missing, while its not, try other dinputs8,s also, even updated it in registry. Stupid game says its still missing.
Before last 2 patches, game runned super smooth in high settings, some setting very high, on 1680x1050 rez.
Now with 32bit i have mega lag and low graphig load.

Nice update, so nice that i went back to WOT.

I got dubble as good laptop as you in spec but the game is shitty laggy now, before I could run 2 games and watch movie same time. Now it can barly manage PE alone. WTF it sure is Mindark that runs the game still nothing has changed sence the begning

The client seems to get worse and more resource-hungry with every big patch they make :-/

I have less spec than you, but the game works... it takes like 30~40 secs for the login screen to become responsive.

I noticed here the laptop system software seems to think it has been put in battery mode when the game has started lol.
Aside from that popup under the EU screen it works but takes a pretty long time to start. Also the entropia screen showing while the client is loading stays there for really really long. Meanwhile all kind of requests like team and pm ones can have been missed lol.

It does work though, but something is not right there I'm sure ;p

i also had some issuewith loading wihch abnormally took longer from14.3 to yesterday? patch. I expereienced huge lag & frezee while entering space ( was shooted before i could move ) and entering planetside. Although i was able to play ARMA3 fine while EU was running in the backround. I so love space travel :)

laptop gaming

Hi i have a laptop to i play with. And before update i run the game smoothly. But now it takes 5-10 min to log inn. I cant hunt or pvp becuse i lag and freeze. I know someone run game without lag. Is it just us with laptops or?

Pls help me fix this problem :)

zzzZZZzzzz

Last edited:
my laptop works fine.

this is an individual problem.

You guys need to verify your OS. If its 32 bit, dont use the 64 bit client. Remove those files. If its 64 bit, dont use the 32 bit client. Remove those files. Ask support how to do so if you are unable to do it yourself or unsure.

- MR

my laptop works fine.

this is an individual problem.

You guys need to verify your OS. If its 32 bit, dont use the 64 bit client. Remove those files. If its 64 bit, dont use the 32 bit client. Remove those files. Ask support how to do so if you are unable to do it yourself or unsure.

- MR

agreed. my <not very good> lappy plays just fine

I had to reinstalled the game and it seem to somewhat work. I had to wait about 10 to 15min for the game to go from launch to log-in screen, 10 to 20min to log into the game (depends on location i think), AND about 5 to 20min for TP changes!
Basically, before I could even craft or hunt.. I had to wait close to 1.5hr to play the game. Something is seriously wrong here!
I dont care about the new contents or added 'skill bonus' crap, the game is unplayable for laptop imo. I hope MA will read and fix this stupidity of a 'patch'.

I am using a Toshiba laptop similar to yours except I have an AMD APU w Radeon gfx and a platter drive instead of an SSD and I have not had much trouble getting on and playing. It takes longer to logon even on my desktop but it's only about a minute or so longer. I am using the 64 bit client with no lag other than normal. You may need to check on updated gfx drivers for the Intel gfx you have tho.

Back