Create low damage UL blp amps

Jennson

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Jennson Laudi Marakomm
Hi there,
there are several low level laser options that can be used with economic ul laser amps ( like A101, A102 ) while for BLP the UL Amps start at 15 damage and the Angst is not even very economical.
However there are a lot of weapons that cannot utilize amps with such a high damage.
I wish the gap of low damage ul blp amps would be filled.

What do you think ?

Agree! to short

I've been waiting for this to be added long time...

I agree this woud be a nice idea. The gap is too huge.

Going to send a support case/suggestion. :cool:

BLP has some advantages over laser, and laser has some advantages over BLP. This is one of the latter. It's fine as it is, there's no point in making laser and BLP both the same.

BLP has some advantages over laser, and laser has some advantages over BLP. This is one of the latter. It's fine as it is, there's no point in making laser and BLP both the same.

I second this

Rage 5 and rage 10 UL would be awesome.. (as a crafters hof)

Would be really cool on the bevis fire fire and the new ozpyn pistols.

It might be, that Laser and BLP would become more equal that way, but in my eyes it is simply a gap in existing items rather than the difference between the professions.

People hunting on low level would benefit as it would give them choices. If it is a looted item it creates some markup in loot as long as it is a kinda rare drop. If it is crafted it could make use of existing components and hence raise MU of the base components as this item would have some demand for sure.

Personally i think the advantages outweight the disadvantage of having different professions being more equal

It might be, that Laser and BLP would become more equal that way, but in my eyes it is simply a gap in existing items rather than the difference between the professions.

Its not a might be. How would it actually differ from just letting any amp work on anything?

Its not a might be. How would it actually differ from just letting any amp work on anything?

That people still would need to get their amps instead of using the existing ones.

Third this. They're going out of their way to remove the differences but i really wish they wouldn't. When you remove all choices from the game you get a game no one can win.

Third this. They're going out of their way to remove the differences but i really wish they wouldn't. When you remove all choices from the game you get a game no one can win.

Ok, so you're saying nothing should be done about the brawler profession either? keep it all low level without any chance of progression?

Basically it comes down to the fact, that succeeding in EU is a matter of using windows of opportunities. These windows of opportunities arise for example when new stuff is being introduced. We saw that when vehicles came up, space (...). This would create such an opportunity. In my opinion this outweighs that professions get more similiar as i personally fail to see the problem with two ranged professions having some of the same advantages. Things evolve and i think it would not be a bad move for the BLP professions.

Well opinions are different and good so. It seems we have two fractions in the community. Those who would appreciate an introduction and those who bring up the argument, that it would not be a good change as the laser and BLP professions would become more equal.

It would be great to get some more opinions on this.

Rage 5 and rage 10 UL would be awesome.. (as a crafters hof)

Would be really cool on the bevis fire fire and the new ozpyn pistols.

here here - I totally agree, I get fed up having to replace the L amp on my fire fire which is my preferred weapon for the 10K argo mission, lets have at least 1 small dmg (UL) BLP amp

How about no, since there are way too many UL drops already.

Ok, so you're saying nothing should be done about the brawler profession either? keep it all low level without any chance of progression?

No. I'm saying that if brawler weapons are characterized by high use rate/low damage per hit/very short range then that should remain the case. All weapon classes have been developing with more powerful options and that's fine. I'm talking about the personality and the differences that exist throughout the range.

Anyway you know very well how laser vs blp vs plasma weapons differed in PE. It was systematic, not an arbitrary coincidence. It was intentional, and you made your decision according to your particular goals and interests. They keep dumbing down the game by removing all choices and all consequences, and with it all variety, strategy and markup.

Last edited:

Fully agree!
But... would be cool to wish ... Modified Dante :yay:

This time you want unl low level BLP. Next time you ask for 31+ dmg laser amps?

I say no

This time you want unl low level BLP. Next time you ask for 31+ dmg laser amps?

I say no

So it is allright if we enhance the top models by adjusting, improving, modifying and hypercharging a105 and cause/evil amps but we low level blp amp cannot be done?

Preaching to the chorus: the devs should recall the difference between blp carbines and rifles (and fix the present ones), also, whats up with "plasma carbines" that have just 77 m range?

The problem for power fists is that most of the new ones have all been slow - knifefighter slow, or worse, given many of the new knives. Oh, and general unavailability. But unavailability should not be considered a feature of a weapons class or profession - laser, blp, plasma, gauss all have / should have its defining features and not just be more of the same.

one more behind this

No. I'm saying that if brawler weapons are characterized by high use rate/low damage per hit/very short range then that should remain the case. All weapon classes have been developing with more powerful options and that's fine. I'm talking about the personality and the differences that exist throughout the range.

Anyway you know very well how laser vs blp vs plasma weapons differed in PE. It was systematic, not an arbitrary coincidence. It was intentional, and you made your decision according to your particular goals and interests. They keep dumbing down the game by removing all choices and all consequences, and with it all variety, strategy and markup.
Couldn't said it better myself, and about the changes made to "brawler" have made me to not bother skilling it up anymore as it's boring as hell and not the fast speedy FUN things it used to be...

Back