Info: my idea about a new pvp system with pvp tokens and new pvp grounds

ntelinatsos

Stalker
Society
GU ---> A&D ---> pk ck ---> OU ---> GU HQ ---> cks ---> Synergen ---> Guess Who
Stelios AKALYPTOS ntelinatsos
Hi, cause it's late now and i haven't time to explain my idea i'll just copy-paste what i send to MA in my support case about this new pvp system..

"Hi, i just had an idea about making (you'll make) a new pvp ground like pvp 4 (the pvp area in akmul island)

the main idea is to make ppls focus more in pvp (pvp is dieing atm)

so, what's my idea..?

it's to make a new pvp grounds (4 pvp grounds) and add a new pvp system that will insert pvp tokens in it..

how that will work..?

in these 4 pvp grounds will be required to use an anti-toxic shot to get in (like in all lootable pvp areas),
the difference will be that you couldn't mine or hunt there (will be only for pvp)..

but why someone's will have to go there and fight..?

the main idea is to add a pvp tokens as motivation, so everytime that one player will kill another in these pvp grounds will get some pvp tokens (+the ammo from anti-toxic shot and ammo/decay spend). these tokens would be able to redeemed in pvp token brokers in a differend ways: armor/weapon improvements, buying weapons (like we do with the daily mission tokens now) or any other feature you'll add in the future (something to give a good motivation for ppls to pvp)

so, let's say how that will work..

my main idea is to make 4 pvp grounds, 3 small with hp limit and one big free of hp limit..

the first three will be require a differend toxic shot and will have a differend percentage % of decay/ammo spend than normal:

-The first one will have a hp limit of 120 hit points, will need an anti-toxic shot worth 1ped and the ammo/decay spend will be 10% of the normal. The average ammo you'll get by killing someone will be ~0.8ped and will add 1 pvp token per player you'll kill (so the pvp token will must worth about 10pec when you'll redeem it)

-The second one will have a hp limit of 160, will need an anti-toxic shot worth about 3ped and the ammo/decay spend will be 60% of the normal one. the average ammo you'll get will be ~2-2.5ped and you'll get 4 pvp tokens everytime you kill other player.

-The third one will have 200 hp limit and will need the normal anti-toxic shot (worth 5ped per use), the ammo/decay spend will be normal, normal will be the ammo you'll get by killing other players also and you'll also get 10 pvp tokens per kill.

I suggest these three pvp grounds to be small ones as long they have hp require so the population of players will be limited (maybe the third one will be a little larger than the first two).

-The fourth pvp ground will be the largest and the main one with no hp limit. anti-toxic shot will be normal (5ped), ammo/decay spend and ammo gain (when you kill) will be normal also and you'll get 10 pvp tokens also (like in the third pvp ground) per kill.

Notes:
-these pvp tokens must not be lootables
-vehicles must not allowed in these pvp grounds
-radar must be inactive to make it more realistic"

so, what do you think about that?

what you just described already exists more or less at planet cyrene, its called the "hub" and nearly no one goes there unless its to farm tokens that spawn on the ground similar to the oil rig and its oil drops.

only difference between what you describe and the hub is the hub has a limit on hp for all the arenas and that is 110 hp, if you have less it gives; and if you have more it takes, for as long as you are inside the arena.
second difference is you are forced to use crappy little peashooters to kill each other in the hub and i think you are asking for any weapon to be useable.

if its not popular there, why would it be popular on calypso? most players dont go into pvp4 because they like the loot they pay for, and dont want to see it being stolen from them when it cost them hundreds/thousands of peds to get said loot, and some pker kills them at a cost of 1-5 ped depending on how good or crap their aim is.

what you just described already exists more or less at planet cyrene, its called the "hub" and nearly no one goes there unless its to farm tokens that spawn on the ground similar to the oil rig and its oil drops.

only difference between what you describe and the hub is the hub has a limit on hp for all the arenas and that is 110 hp, if you have less it gives; and if you have more it takes, for as long as you are inside the arena.
second difference is you are forced to use crappy little peashooters to kill each other in the hub and i think you are asking for any weapon to be useable.

if its not popular there, why would it be popular on calypso? most players dont go into pvp4 because they like the loot they pay for, and dont want to see it being stolen from them when it cost them hundreds/thousands of peds to get said loot, and some pker kills them at a cost of 1-5 ped depending on how good or crap their aim is.

i know that, but no one go there cause the weapons you buy with these tokens works only in pvp there and you can't fight with the skills you got, you have to use a default avatar to fight there..

The hub is like that to encourage new players to stay rather be cannon fodder for existing players.

You can't expect non pvp players to suddenly love pvp. I used to love playing counter strike and Unreal tournament but in EU it's too slow and with unrestricted gear too one sided - one sided instagib is not fun when you're the one being shot all the time.

That why most pvp games win over EU, everyone is equal and it's down to personal skill and not who's willing to spend the most on gear.

Hence why the Hub is built as it is and why they had to cancel their ten event due to bugs in the system allowing it to become too unbalanced.

Sounds fun, but i doubt we can get it, since MA ain interested in pvp that much.

Only thing with HUB is that its nothing like EU ever was, u can not use ur gear or skills u did work so hard to get for years, no wonder the HUB dosnt work.......

I loved the idea until i saw u can not use ur avatar skills or gear, left and never came back and never will.

Back