DSEC Laser Amp v1

New amp with unique feature recently discovered on Calypso.

BP requires:
9 x Maladrite Ingot (Monrian mineral)
11 x Zoldenite Crystal (Monrian mineral)
14 x Monrian Power System (Monrian component)
5000 x Vibrant Sweat
3 x Garcen Grease

dsec_laser_amp_v1.jpg

EDIT: I did not discover it myself. Discovered via auction! Just meant to inform ppl :)

Last edited:
Now that looks like some serious new gear! I can't wait to see what the testers find out about it. Any screenies of the discovery HOF?

Edit: Ahhh, so then I shall seek out the individual who actually did get the discovery to make my demands for screenshots of the swirls! LOL

Last edited:
Nice one, it's origin is from Monria.

DSEC, so yeah definitely Monrian. From the time of the discovery to the timing of the placement of the one on Caly auction, it's a safe guess bp may have dropped on Caly though. It wouldn't be the first Monrian bp to drop on Caly first.

Now that looks like some serious new gear! I can't wait to see what the testers find out about it. Any screenies of the discovery HOF?

Just to make sure I just discovered it via auction and thought it would be useful, because it wasn't posted here.

DSEC, so yeah definitely Monrian. From the time of the discovery to the timing of the placement of the one on Caly auction, it's a safe guess bp may have dropped on Caly though. It wouldn't be the first Monrian bp to drop on Caly first.

Monrian BPs can drop on Calypso as it shares some of the servers. Globals from Calypso can be seen on Monria, as well as the Calypso missions.

5k sweat eh? Noobs and non-depositors rejoice, lol.

For real though... from the description it seems to make the weapon it's attached to decay less, anyone tested this?

/mod note/ as item was not discovered by thread starter, this thread has been moved out of the 'Discoveries' section.

HUGE +rep for Monria team with 5k sweat ingredient! Should have been used in BPs a long time ago. Any1 know of eco test?

5k sweat eh? Noobs and non-depositors rejoice, lol.

For real though... from the description it seems to make the weapon it's attached to decay less, anyone tested this?

They shouldn't rejoice too soon imo...

Still has to depend upon how useful the amp is....plus how "available" the BPs are...as in how many of these BPs do drop....lest it becomes another "controlled" market/item.

Let's me, a crafter, to do a quick analysis for many of you to see how good/bad this item is. Nice idea and initiative, but bad application.

IF 1000 sweat = 1 PED, the BP uses 5,000 sweat which is 5 peds of MU per click. At the standard 35% success rate, which is 35 itemsper 100 clicks, each amp produced will bear the cost of sweat (alone) at:
5/0.35 = 14.3 Peds.

so the amp must be sold at +14.3 peds MU when we consider about the SWEAT MU only, ignore the MU of other materials and the natural loss from TT value return (10%).

The amp will help to save 5% the decay of the gun, so the total TT of gun will be saved is:
14.3 / 0.05 = 286 Peds

I have never seen any amp (L) can survive such that 286 peds TT of any medium gun :laugh:

Let's me, a crafter, to do a quick analysis for many of you to see how good/bad this item is. Nice idea and initiative, but bad application.

IF 1000 sweat = 1 PED, the BP uses 5,000 sweat which is 5 peds of MU per click. At the standard 35% success rate, which is 35 itemsper 100 clicks, each amp produced will bear the cost of sweat (alone) at:
5/0.35 = 14.3 Peds.

so the amp must be sold at +14.3 peds MU when we consider about the SWEAT MU only, ignore the MU of other materials and the natural loss from TT value return (10%).

The amp will help to save 5% the decay of the gun, so the total TT of gun will be saved is:
14.3 / 0.05 = 286 Peds

I have never seen any amp (L) can survive such that 286 peds TT of any medium gun :laugh:

You're partially right...but one must consider the value of the amp itself as well and not just the decay saving effect on the weapon it's attached to. Also we don't have decay information on it yet (do we? Honestly didn't look :p ) so we can't know if it will last that long or not.

I imagine that, like many other things, it will only be useful on items above a certain level. That said, as long as they did the balancing well on the item decay vs/ MU of the mats this will provide a benefit to hunters, crafters, and sweaters.

What you say may well be true but I hold out hope that once it's tested we find that it's a good thing for everyone :)

This is the same effect that the melee amps will have, according to the recent post by Kim. It's analogous to the deterioration absorption by the implants for MF chips.

Obviously, your amp has to have lower MU than your weapon for this to be useful, and it's not clear this one can sell for a low enough MU for the deterioration absorption to be a net positive effect.

At least it's not another damn regen kick to the balls.

Way back when pvp4 was actually fun and not lawlrawkits, I would have killed for one of these amps.

Having 5% tt savings on a rare L high teir rate pk gun would have been crazy valuable.

In today's game, I will have to wait and see just how these perform. It may be great, it may not be great. It will have a lot of competition with a105/a106 amps which have incredible eco in their own right and really arnt that expensive for your average midlevel hunter.

Way back when pvp4 was actually fun and not lawlrawkits, I would have killed for one of these amps.

Having 5% tt savings on a rare L high teir rate pk gun would have been crazy valuable.

In today's game, I will have to wait and see just how these perform. It may be great, it may not be great. It will have a lot of competition with a105/a106 amps which have incredible eco in their own right and really arnt that expensive for your average midlevel hunter.

Ya, also if there were an ul version of this amp it would be smashing, other than that I don't see much use for the L version unless it almost doesn't deteriorate and eats ammo like a hungry ogre.

5/0.35 = 14.3 Peds.
Really!?
You consider all partial sucesses as pure profit in your pricing policy? You must be making a fortune! :D

14.3 / 0.05 = 286 Peds

Surely it's total price (TT + MU) of the gun that is important, so if gun was 150% then you start to save at ~190TT. Still a tall order though...

Really!?
You consider all partial sucesses as pure profit in your pricing policy? You must be making a fortune! :D

Surely it's total price (TT + MU) of the gun that is important, so if gun was 150% then you start to save at ~190TT. Still a tall order though...

To be honest, I do not bother to explain to you further because you are not in my league either when discussing about crafting or related topics to crafting.

However, this is a nice idea but MA needs to be more practical, hence, sweat price will be better.

If you ask me, I'ld rather they have it between 1 to 100 bottles of sweat per click rather than 5k.

5k is simply too much a cost per click....unless they change it to close to 100% success rate.

As for the amps....would be nice if they have a line of these implemented for the wide range of users....low level up to high level and with the costs scaled too but their damage amplified should be lower than the regular amps that we already have now. Furthermore, their focus should instead be on the decay reduction thingy so that they don't take away the use of present amps (whether crafted or not).

If they just put even one of these "low level" amp BP into the technician, I'm pretty sure there would be plenty of people clicking on them. Even if for personal use only...

Example:

"DSEC Rookie Laser Amp v0"

Requires*:
X amount of Monria Ore Ingots
Y amount of Monria Enmatter
Z amount of Monria Components
1 to 100 Vibrant Sweat
Etc
Etc

*Keeping the costs per click down to below 1 ped per click.

Stats:
Ammo Burn: XXX
Damage Burn: 1.0
Damage Penetration: 1.0
Attachment Deterioration: 5%

Or something like that...and then you can play around with all of the stats a bit as you go towards the higher level amps...

Imo, I think MA implements things without considering the costs of usage of that particular item to a regular gamer. Most definitely, not all of the players in the game have deep pockets to run through clicks of 1k or more on items that costs 5 to 50 peds a click.

Additionally, in order to entice a more widespread usage of the items being implemented, its important not to make it available to only a select few. Lest it becomes another failed item...or at best, a "pretty vase" that is hardly used...

Last edited:
I don't understand how we can debate the economy / usefulness of an item when its stats have yet to be tested. You say it would have to last through 290+ PED of weapon to be worth the MU on the sweat? Well, what if it's designed to last twice that long? We don't know yet so what's the point of making up numbers to argue about?

When someone tests the amp thoroughly and we can see how long they will last then we can have a discussion about usefulness and economy, until then it's just guessing.

Back