Petition: Integrate Entropia Forum with the Entropia Universe platform.

Mindark has 1 full time dev plus two part time devs with a loooooooooong list of bugs to fix. Do you really think they can implement stuff like this

Mindark has 1 full time dev plus two part time devs with a loooooooooong list of bugs to fix. Do you really think they can implement stuff like this

Yes, guess it's just a question of time. It'll be added to the pipeline, depending whereabouts on the list it's added will depend when we see it...

Is the idea a good one? having integrated forum in game. Sounds ok to me. Would make it more convenient to access a forum. Question is will that be for the whole platform so all PP can use it?

I'm looking forward for the other 5-6 Petitions to Integrate the other Forums with the Entropia Universe platform. :laugh:

No. Let's keep the things nice and separate.

None of the existing forums belong to MA so only thing they could "integrate" is a completely new forum. Do we need another forum? Don't think so.

Also personally I prefer having everything as decentralized as possible. Despite the possible advantages of integration, I prefer all the stuff like EL, Entropedia, etc to stay external projects, both technically and politically (i.e. no MA's influence).

Please integrate "loot" with "loot action" on mobs:laugh:

How it could be....

What you think about this?

Ability to open other planets saits in same or new window for easier access.

Rapido

A couple of years ago MA were trying to integrate the Awesomium engine, which would allow ingame browsing of any sites. There weren't any words since then, though...

Awesomium is a web-browser framework that we're in the process of integrating into the Entropia Universe client. It can be used for pretty much anything you can do in a regular web browser. One example is support for playing videos in-game.

For more info go to: http://awesomium.com/

Why do you want the functions of a browser in game? If you want to browse the forums while in game, either play in windowed mode or use Alt-Tab. I know of several games that have a browser window inside the game, for navigating official game content. Frankly, they all suck and are bug prone.

Why do you want the functions of a browser in game? If you want to browse the forums while in game, either play in windowed mode or use Alt-Tab. I know of several games that have a browser window inside the game, for navigating official game content. Frankly, they all suck and are bug prone.

I personally don't care as I use second display for browsing and whatnot, but I understand that some people don't like windowed mode because of smaller resolution or some other reasons, and from what I heard alt-tab in fullscreen often causes crashes of the game.

EVE has full-featured ingame browser and as of '09 when I last played it it worked perfectly.

EVE has full-featured ingame browser and as of '09 when I last played it it worked perfectly.

I was going to mention that example. I quite liked how EVE used it, for example for in game missions. They had what to do, where to go etc etc all mission details inside the in-game browser. Didn't seem like a browser at all, seemed more like in game pop up mission information. Very useful and convenient because there is no need to search and each mission is already linked to the appropriate info page.

Perhaps this is something MA should ask PP's, if they want to be included in the in game browser? Most would say yes as they get free advertising in a way.

Also as more and more planets come online the more difficult it will become to actually visit and do something useful on a planet i.e. you have to find that planets forum/website and find what to do etc. It would be a barrier for short term casual visitors to do anything constructive and get the most out of their experience. So in the long term this I think is essential for the success of the platform.

:scratch2:
Its been 10 years and they still haven't managed to implement a simple offline messaging system (even the most simple browser based games have that now) and we're discussing if MA should add an in game browser?

what, and let everyone see in the client loader how many unanswered questions there are in the "ask mindark" section on ef?

The question should MA have their own forum or not, because I read "integrate" as own (PCF was returned back to 711, so that's one failure). I don't think MA can integrate a privately owned forum into their system, all they can do is put a banner and advertise it on their site as a "recommended" site to visit (which they are already doing for quite a few important and useful sites).

Didn't Kim say they were using a version of chrome integrated into the engine last year.

Edit Svarog beat me to it.

Back