Help: Client Loader just shuts

TheOneOmega

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marie TheOne Omega
After I accept the User Agreement, the Client Loader appear, then instantly vanishes. There is no error message. I have tried stopping it from running on CPU0 while in the User Agreement screen, but it does not change anything.

After I accept the User Agreement, the Client Loader appear, then instantly vanishes. There is no error message. I have tried stopping it from running on CPU0 while in the User Agreement screen, but it does not change anything.

That happened to me when I was trying to install the game in my laptop pc. The only way I managed to solve it was by re-downloading the installer file and reinstalling the game. Hope this helps.

sweet! i should have said reboot first but still.. good to reinstall now and then after a few VUs

Reinstall didn't work for Crone. Running it compatible with Windows XP SP3 did work. But now the client loader says:

Updating client loader
Please wait...

And the weird circles keep spinning making Crone mad.

Any suggestions for this too?

So could Crone. Next time, it was all alright :) Happy person here. Also Crone and Mai were lucky with a 492ped (or so) HOF. Then they spent about 80 ped on a T2 yulebot, but did not get to kill it due to all the critical hits.

I just wanted to update this topic. I have a brand-new computer, fresh Windows 7 64-bit install, all critical Windows updates installed, the latest DirectX, latest nVidia and motherboard drivers direct from Asus' website, and a fresh download & install of EU.

I get the exact same thing. I launch EU, click to accept the ToU, the Client Loader appears for a brief instant, and promptly closes. No error message, no nothing.

EDIT: Not sure if this is relevant, but my avatar is currently on Arkadia, not Calypso...

OK, getting exactly the same thing now.

A fresh install of Windows 8.1 - all driver updated etc.

Download the installer from EU - it downloads a 47MB file and runs through some stuff.

Arrive at having the client loader - accept and sits for about 3 seconds then just disappears.

Opening it again - as administrator or not - and the opens then immediately closes.

No error messages.

How does the game get installed these days?

Cheers

Download the installer from EU - it downloads a 47MB file and runs through some stuff.

Arrive at having the client loader - accept and sits for about 3 seconds then just disappears.

Opening it again - as administrator or not - and the opens then immediately closes.

No error messages.

Cheers

Disable the option Run on 64 bit client. Hope it helps

No error messages.

Cheers

Check if EU application is compatible with Windows 8.1 ( My laptop is Windows 8.1 and EU is compatible with windows XP SP3 on it) (I recommend to test it before clicking ok to run for ever as for windows XP SP3)...
Second thing if your "machine" has a Nvidia Optimus ,make sure EU is whitelist to Nvidia Optimus.....

disable the box where it say run on 64 bit client

Would love to - but the client loader closes before I can make any settings changes etc - I accept the TOU - the loader flashes up and then closes.....

No error messages.

Cheers

I had exactly the same symptom when I first installed EU on my recently new computer. As i posted here I needed to uninstall it and then when installing it again make sure that you change the predefined folder. In my case with windows 7 64 bits they wanted me to install EU on Program Files (x86)/Entropia Universe folder. I just made it install the game on Program Files/Entropia Universe and then it worked fine.

Not the first person that I see with the same technical error as me while trying to install the game. In my case it was in middle December of last year... It continues to happen it seems, even if I reported it 5 months ago.

Now imagine a new player willing to try the game. Will he even lost time on forums looking for a solution? I think that more easily he will just try another "free" game than this one that he can't even install.

Very very sad! :(

Better just make another silly event this weekend, it's easier you know...

Check if EU application is compatible with Windows 8.1 ( My laptop is Windows 8.1 and EU is compatible with windows XP SP3 on it) (I recommend to test it before clicking ok to run for ever as for windows XP SP3)...
Second thing if your "machine" has a Nvidia Optimus ,make sure EU is whitelist to Nvidia Optimus.....

Cheers :) setting it to run for XP SP3 - the operating system that has just reached the end of its life - worked LOL

OK - now it seems I have to log into the game to get the game downloading. I started this. Then after it was 20% done wanted to pause it to do something else. When I come back to it now I get the following.

Couldn't access file c:\users\public\entropia universe\public_users_data\dynamic_content\shared_calypsoshared_04.pak.

Access is denied. (error code 5)

Retry?

So. I take it that for normal people you have to be using a non supported out of date and vulnerable operating system to play the game.

If you are using an operating system from the last 5 years, then you have to hop through hoops, know what you are doing with registry hacks and know about EXACTLY what driver to use and when, the same with right click on this and run the program as that etc.

If you dont know this sort of stuff and just sort of expect stuff to work, then EU is dead.

It has been quite a journey over the last 8 years.

A shame that it is now stuffed because I dont use an out of date operating system.

Yes. I am drunk and pissed off and am going to bed.

Last edited:
Couldn't access file c:\users\public\entropia universe\public_users_data\dynamic_content\shared_calypsoshared_04.pak.

Access is denied. (error code 5)

Some time ago i had the same error message.
It appeared after i reinstalled my laptop and copied the entropia folder from my desktop.

Somehow the "write protection" flag was set on the folder.

After removing that flag the error was gone.

ma has this listed as a common but on their FAQ page, it sais to go into (win7) users, username, appdata, local, temp and delete the entropia folder and/or its contents. you have to go into folder options and show hidden files to see 'appdata' though. i'll go test now and see if it works for me. [edit: it didn't work, but i found a fix]

I was able to get it to work. For me, the following fixed the access denied and etc errors, inability to clear cache in cl, inability to repair installation, inability to download content, inability to load the game. Lol, MA seriously better get it together because probably loads of new players are quitting before they even begin when they encounter this problem! To download the content, I didn't need to load as admin (this creates problems with my controller and screenshot apps etc anyways, needing to also be loaded as admin etc). MA's main website sais to turn off UAC in order to download content, and then to restore it to how you had if afterwards. That's not a big deal to me since I only have to install EU on a fresh installation of Windows anyways. Here's how I got it ALL to work after encountering every roadblock.

for windows 7 64bit:

1st) Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings. Select "Never Notify" and click ok. Reboot Computer.
2nd) Open Client Loader and let it download all the content. Remember sometimes it unchecks all the content selections you chose so double check that if you think it's all done.
3rd) Go back to the User Account Settings and put them back where you want them. Reboot Computer again.
4th) Right Click the "Entropia Universe" Client Loader Icon in your Start Menu or on your Desktop and click on "Properties". Click the "Compatibility" tab. Select "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)". For me, this option was already selected once i clicked to select the "Run this etc" box. And, yes, even though you are using windows 7 you are selecting 'xp sp3'. Selecting Windows 7 on this list won't fix the problem).

For me, this fixed the access denied and etc errors, inability to clear cache in cl, inability to repair installation, inability to download content, inability to load the game. Lol, MA seriously better get it together because probably loads of new players are quitting before they even begin when they encounter this problem!

Last edited:
Back