SUGGESTION: Universal Auctions across all Planets

Shard-Angel

Prowler
Society
Project Entropia
Vehshi Rogue Shard-Angel
In response to my post HERE, it was recommended to me to make an official suggestion here.

Dear Mindark,

It is humbly requested that you please reinstate BIDDING on auctions universally (across ANY/ALL planets - regardless of which planet we are on) with NO AUTOMATIC-TRANSPORT of goods.

We can collect the items at a later date - when it suits us.

This will keep all PP economies working to a much higher degree (and perhaps even prevent economic collapse of PPs), and space will still remain useful/lootable providing MS owners (& even the rats) benefits from space cargo traffic.

It's a WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN * solution for everyone. :)

Please support.

Thanks.

* (MA/PPs/Players/MS Owners/Rats)

I see no downside to this suggestion. seems like a positive common sense change to me.

so it will never happen.

Im against this for the sole reason that affluent players will dominate smaller markets, pushing out the little guy.

The travel restriction forces people to take the time to actually move from place to place. Even a small inconvenience such as this can give a less affluent player the time they need to decide to buy, and make that choice a reality.

Ultimately this bolsters the economy through diversification of holdings, though a few frustrated resellers and rich opportunists might think and wish to argue otherwise.

The travel restriction forces people to take the time to actually move from place to place. Even a small inconvenience such as this can give a less affluent player the time they need to decide to buy, and make that choice a reality.

All it does it cause the big traders to have alts on the other planets. No actual gain for anyone. or conversely the planet is just left to die.

Last edited:
All it does it cause the big traders to have alts on the other planets. No actual gain for anyone. or conversely the planet is just left to die.

So then going with this argument, what you are saying is since the big traders are killing the planet, we should just remove the inconvenience of the alt and let them kill it with their main.

I think it's a good idea. I'm generally on the lookout for particular bps and as a lot of my time is devoted to running a business on one planet, it's a challenge to make sure I am able to be on another planet when specific auctions are coming to an end. I don't do a lot of traveling cos space sucks. I don't mind planning a trip to pick up some auction wins and do some hunting or missions while I am there, but it's not really an attractive option to get myself to another planet at a particular time just so I can participate in an auction that I may not win.

It's a good idea. It's a pain the arse travelling all the way from Ark to Caly and have to hang around for 7 days while I bid on an item. It's not going to kill the economies if we can at least bid from anywhere. I fully support the universal bidding option.
I doubt anyone at MA is even listening, hello echo echo echo

So then going with this argument, what you are saying is since the big traders are killing the planet, we should just remove the inconvenience of the alt and let them kill it with their main.

IMO the death of the planet comes when people cant be arsed to go to it, rather than having a trader alt or otherwise sitting on planet.

in other words the death comes when the last trader leaves. NI is a case in point.

interesting idea, BUT make darn sure the you get SEVERAL notifications before it takes your bids, and put the icon you click for each notification in a DIFFERENT PLACE so that people don't just click through all of them at once and then find that they'll have to go to another planet to get it and start griping about it here and on other forums all day every day.

i would only Agree to this to a BID OVER world FEE which would should inflict pain to enforce people to go to the planet and bid.....

only way i would say this is ok.... rather the auction system as it is now :)

i would only Agree to this to a BID OVER world FEE which would should inflict pain to enforce people to go to the planet and bid.....

only way i would say this is ok.... rather the auction system as it is now :)

you don't think there is enough loss and pain in this game?

can't have Something awesome with no pain......

We would never know what is good unless we know what is suffering.

and for a benefit of bidding on something at anytime should be a extra cost.... Space needs a purpose and if that is one of the purpose for it so be it.

can't have Something awesome with no pain......

We would never know what is good unless we know what is suffering.

and for a benefit of bidding on something at anytime should be a extra cost.... Space needs a purpose and if that is one of the purpose for it so be it.

That is what we are doing now, "suffering" with current planet system. NI dead, RT dying, cyrene struggling. IT may be time to not ask not what we can "gain", but instead what is wrong with the current system. if all PP become or stay ghost towns, how does this help anyone? especially Mindark.

if a small change like allowing me to bid on auctions from anywhere in game, and THEN have to spend my ped to go travel to that planet, and return, possibly while spending more ped on that planet while I am there.

Then I think its only natural to consider it. in fact at this point anything that causes traffic between planets should be considered imo.

I would think it would get harder to sell planets, with each one that dies.

I would go even farther than this, what we need is a Iphone app we can shop from.

Last edited:
Well.... the only issue with this is that people are going to be inclined to "filter out" auctions from other planets than the one they are on.. Why buy something on auction in RT when you are on Caly and they have one there? unless the markup is significantly less to justify a trip to RT... The only way of avoiding this is having auto-collect from any planet.. which causes a whole other mess of problems.

Universal Auctions 'Make it so MA"

:wise: I agree this is a fantastic idea to be able to buy items from any other planet. It would put unique planetary weapons/armor/tools available for all to bid on, I thing this would cause a better PED flow across the universe.:thumbup:
But yes you would still have to travel to pick up your items and this I think would add to space travel services. And as someone else said the avatar might stick around for a while and put some PED into that worlds economy. I do not see any drawbacks in such a service, it is a win/win idea. Also there is communication between worlds so why not Auction post between all worlds. It would be a boost to all players and their worlds.
So please MA if you really want the game to succeed and Planet Partners to succeed you would give Universal Auction a try. Besides all planet auction sites have a choice button for the planets already....

I dont think this idea is about making the game better.

I think this idea is about making it easier for traders to make a profit by quickly jumping on cheap goods, and then transporting them to higher priced planets.

I'm not against trading, or even profit. But I am against marketing an idea as for the good of all when it is really for the good of a select few. That is deceptive, and I cannot condone it or support it.

I dont think this idea is about making the game better.

I think this idea is about making it easier for traders to make a profit by quickly jumping on cheap goods, and then transporting them to higher priced planets.

I'm not against trading, or even profit. But I am against marketing an idea as for the good of all when it is really for the good of a select few. That is deceptive, and I cannot condone it or support it.

simply browsing the lack of other planet auctions should be enough to show that this is a false assumption. there would have to be a thriving market currently, in order to make it easier to profit from it.

I am of the belief that this idea supports increasing markets, not capitalizing on the non existent ones. the OP would know best his intent, but I do think its a great idea.

simply browsing the lack of other planet auctions should be enough to show that this is a false assumption.

There is no assumption in my post. It is an educated belief based off years of successfully buying and selling goods in this product. I have worked in every market short of Cyrene, at this particular stage, and think I am qualified enough in what I am saying to at least be given the respect of not dismissing my statement with some bullshit claim of assumption and writing me off as some uneducated noob.

zzzZZZzzzz

Last edited:
Also, I used to cycle about 20k/week with ark items but now its about 6-8k/wk without. So MA are losing out the peds that I or other crafters could of spent :wise:

Why? You still have to travel there and get the items. This cuts into the playtime that you are short on. If playtime is indeed the issue, then the only way this is resolved is by dovetailing this particular "suggestion" with retrieving items from the AH from any planet.

Which ultimately renders space useless, and renders any soft barriers in place to protect the planet partner null and void.

Then we have what we had 3 years ago with the launch of RT and NI.

2 new land areas with some goofy creatures.

This idea only benefits traders, and does so while once again screwing hangar owners, mothership owners, and those who have invested in space. It also has the added benefit of screwing planet partners, as now the clients they have fought to get can play anywhere, and will go to the most developed economy as a matter of course, instead of staying local.

The only thing encouraging that to happen right now are these soft barriers, and the pirates, which basically amount to a tariff.

I am not a hangar owner, or even a space captain, as a disclaimer. Calypso is my home, and its where I prefer to do my business these days. I dislike flying in space, and so avoid it.

I have to agree with Magyar_Republic for the most. There been quite a few times that i actually was able to win something interesting, instead of being outbidded the last minute, on one of the other planets.

Instead i would suggest to travel more. Make more use of the warp-ships that are hanging out in space and doing nothing most of the time. :p
And if it isn't for resell purposes then you won't mind paying that little extra.

Good thing: If I'm on another planet I don't have to go to Calypso just to bid on an item.

Bad thing: Not sure if this will help normal people on other planets. If I am on Next Island and I need belkar, it won't help me much to bid on Belkar on Calypso because I would have to go there myself to pick it up and then return.

As for the alts, maybe MA could try to find out avatars whose main purpose is to camp auctions on other planets..

Maybe instead make it swifter to travel between planets (with your only avatar).

I don't know how this issue is, but imagine you're on NI, and you want to help the people there, so you post something cheaper than it would cost on Calypso, then you don't want a big trader from Calypso to hog it. Maybe if it was an option on postings to only allow local postings.

One change I'd like to see though is the possibility for shared auction within same "planetary system". Having separate auctions for RT/Hell/Arctic for instance is just silly because it's so easy to move between. And it would also allow for the possibilities to have auctioneer and (possibly shared storage) in Gateway/Thule and Cyplops Depths on the inner side of Chalte.

Another thing would be if it would be allowed to bid on *all* auction, like Ancient Greece. Logically, it's another time so it wouldn't be possible to bid items in another epoch :laugh: (or else, it would be nice if NI and AG auctions were common, or at least for Time Travel Crystals to help people who risk being stuck).

Traders won't win or lose anything with this deal.
Their alts are already there and the goods still need to be transported.

Might give a little boost to the economy in general (incl. PP's). This is a good thing.

There's a deeper, more radical problem behind all this. The original concept tried to separate planets and their economies (to create more opportunities, to create a diversity).
The reality however, has taken a different turn since then. Instead of dreaming about separate economies, now we have to figure out a way to prevent them losing the "critical mass" and die. This problem obviously takes precedence. If there's nothing left all the problems with separating the economies will fall off by itself...

My opinion:
It is a good idea only for those who play on the market. I am against this. The system that exists now - the most comfortable.
Moreover, I would also to see closing visibility of auctions on other planets. So you on Caly? You can see only Caly auction (and maybe Global Auction), on Ark - only Ark and so on...

i am also against this universal auc ,system is good so far noting need to be changed :wise:

In a realistic world.

Miner puts his ore in the Auction. Crafter on another planet sends radio signal to bid and win then transfers PED electronically to the miner on the other planet.

Crafter then travels to other planet to collect his goods.

This works. I love this idea. As a miner who just enjoys walking around Arkadia mining but has a problem selling his goods in the Auction because there just are not enough people around to buy it and results in me having far too much down time. I fully support it.

Anyone who is worried that 'Traders are going to dominate the market!!', just shut up, travel down and give me money for my ore directly.

This idea would work and work well.

This idea only benefits traders, and does so while once again screwing hangar owners, mothership owners, and those who have invested in space. It also has the added benefit of screwing planet partners, as now the clients they have fought to get can play anywhere, and will go to the most developed economy as a matter of course, instead of staying local.

Hmm... such vehement opposition - and several posts of it in fact.:confused::confused: I have a feeling these "baseless" words echo from those "traders" who simply wish to corner the low-end markets without having to worry about someone from Calypso sniping their bids on some remote planet.

This idea BENEFITS the following:
* Mindark benefits from more trade, (a slightly) happier populace and better PP satisfaction and economies.

* Planet Partners - which have invested MILLIONS, have a chance to survive better - than become ghost towns. More PP's are attracted to EU since previous ones DID NOT FOLD due to no one visiting.

* Thousands of Players who normally would NOT BOTHER buying items due to hassle involved - they would INVEST MORE peds due to the convenience and availability of items across the board.

* MS/Space investers will see MORE space activity due to the ease of use of universal trading = locks a player into OBLIGATION to travel and collect the goods won. (Which would normally be dismissed due to inconvenience.)

* RATs will get MORE chances to rob space travellers - and since MORE LOOT will be travelling across space (Which again, would normally had been dismissed due to inconvenience.)

Those who do NOT benefit:
~20 traders who wish to corner dying planet markets and make a quick ped.

To answer the questions of for all planetary auctions MIXING with LOCAL auctions: Perhaps you are new or have not tried it before, but that NEVER happens. You simply use the pulldown menus for each planet as needed. That is already ingame and working since many many years.

As a miner who just enjoys walking around Arkadia mining but has a problem selling his goods in the Auction because there just are not enough people around to buy it and results in me having far too much down time.
Not personally about you:
If you plan to sell ore (like Iron) on Arkadia AH for 125% instead of 107% (as on Calypso), you must wait toooooooo loooooong time :) If your price will be adequate - you can sell all your ores and enmatters fast. So not need any additional possibilities, here is enough people, who can buy all what you sell, if you sell for good prices.
If you see offers of speculators and put their own offer little cheaper, then I assure you, I find it easier to fly to another planet like Calypso and buy all resources there. But I do not buy at crazy prices, because I just can not then sell my own crafted items :)

To be fair. It's simple economics.

More sales means more mining means more people will mine here on Arkadia which means more ore on the market which means mu will drop while miners compete with each other.

I don't drive up prices, my m/u is competative to the market and usually at the lowest m/u there is or slightly below. If I drop the m/u lower to be more like Calypso then a trader will purchase it and just list it back up where it belongs. I will not stab myself in the back and line someone else's pockets.

Do not blame the miners for higher m/u. Blame the lack of people buying. The ore m/u will only lower when people are buying enough ore to stimulate more miners to go there.

Edit:

To add to this, things like iron which are higher m/u there won't sell. That's obvious. Why would someone on Calypso buy it for more elsewhere. But this means that people on Arkadia will purchase things on Calypso instead at a better m/u. I am happy with that as that would help stabilise the m/u of everything across the planets.

Last edited:
To be fair. It's simple economics.

More sales means more mining means more people will mine here on Arkadia which means more ore on the market which means mu will drop while miners compete with each other.

I don't drive up prices, my m/u is competative to the market and usually at the lowest m/u there is or slightly below. If I drop the m/u lower to be more like Calypso then a trader will purchase it and just list it back up where it belongs. I will not stab myself in the back and line someone else's pockets.

Do not blame the miners for higher m/u. Blame the lack of people buying. The ore m/u will only lower when people are buying enough ore to stimulate more miners to go there.

Arkadia had issues with resource availability and the price the miners have driven it to. I had used about 5-10K Somin, 3K telfium, 1K wenrex, and many many others each week. When the price shot past the limit i could sell a finished item for, I simply went mining myself.
Sooner or later the MU may drop, and I may start to buy things again. But until then, I am more than capable of finding what I need myself. The problem with the Arkadian market will fix itself over time, and I have no interest in buying something just to see the MU rise each time. Or taking part in the Myth that just because its Arkadia, the miners can charge more for a common resource.

Back