Another Petition to MindArk about skilling changes

notice how we never have a petition when mindark does something right?

i think the skill changes are good, and with a little tweaking, will be great.

go mindark go!

I must agree- I won't post on and on about it here (b/c any1 can check out the vu7.4 thread or some others circulating around).
But I really think this fundamental change in skilling was necessary for both the game and MA's financial interests.

With that said, of course there will be ppl that disagree with things and of course they have the right to petition. I just hope that the ppl signing this petition are fully aware of what they are saying to MA and that they do not simply sign it b/c they are temporarily pissed off at a new vu :rolleyes:

Like the boy who cries Wolf these thing have less and less effectivness the more you do them...

DD
:evilking:

Darkscorp said:
Unhappy about the way things are? Then sign it!

I think that says it all. I personally am not upset with the skill change. So, I won't sign. This thread should be pretty cut and dry. Can't imagine why there would be tons of posts (but here i am.. :) ) as i have a feeling there will be.

Now petition to change the radar back and get rid of 4 mobs spawning on me at once (which i hear they are working on) and i'll sign it!

Suicide

emptywalls said:
notice how we never have a petition when mindark does something right?

Uhhh... :dunno:

Anyways.. I did sign this one but I do agree with DD. I must have signed like 100 petitions online now and have never seen anything happen with them. :rolleyes:
Oh well.. some day maybe one will work..

Not to mention a petition as not needed. MA knows how ppl feel by reading the forums.

DD

Although moaning bitching and whining is frowned upon, even though free speach is applauded, moaning is your only option.

Petition all you like, stamp your feet and hold your breath until you turn blue. It wont make the slightest bit of difference.

We've seen it all before, remember the great No-Loot debaccle of '04 ?

MA have made their decision, end of chat. Sure they'll tweak it a little to make it better here and worse there, but making a petition with do squat. Save your time and either play the game or use google to find something new.

Svetlana said:
of course there will be ppl that disagree with things and of course they have the right to petition. I just hope that the ppl signing this petition are fully aware of what they are saying to MA and that they do not simply sign it b/c they are temporarily pissed off at a new vu :rolleyes:

Just what i would have put would give you rep but cant :(

Devil Doll said:
Not to mention a petition as not needed. MA knows how ppl feel by reading the forums.

DD

they dont even need to see the forum they have stats on everything they can see what group has had less skill gains what most of them used and who if they are playing less if at all.

so if you realy want to petion MA and send a message that you don't like how YOUR experience is going then just stop playing. They will see that and pay attention to that more then any petition.

Personally i'm having fun at my skill levels and enjoying the new VU as much as i can play it. So they will see that i'm happy and not change my skill group but when they see that mabey the 5k skill'rs are having trouble gaining and are not playing they will tweak that group.

Well I cant say I'll be signing the petition, I'm more than happy with the state of play :)

I dont really have anything against the new system but...
I am a crafter (not so skilled) with not that much money.. and I cant skill at all, I must use higher lvl bps (like lvl 4) and with them I only have mediocre SoS :mad:

Hi all !!

YES THIS TIME I REALLY AGREE M8s !!

Because I want to speak for all us familys who are present inside this Game and who all have maybe problems to finance Uber Armor and Uber High End Equipment because of taking care to the family-income in Real Money.

I think you all know that for example many of us are married and have Kids IRL and that most of us primary play this Game because its a great Game and a Uber Great Feeling to be part of this economy in Game and to become friend with many people like a INGAME - FAMILY +++ give me a Hit when I am wrong M8s, but isnt it the sense of the Game too , to have Fun and to have new Friendships instead of only +++ :mad: MORE MORE MORE and MORE MONEY :mad: +++ ???

Hey you know me and my husband playing this game since Ages like most of you ..... and I think its really really unfair from MA to use this changes in order to earn more and more money :deal:

I think everybody should have same Chances to become a great Player with great Professions and also Skills for sure.

Me for example, Im not a rich person IRL but I try to become a good player who would not have the problem to begg and begg and begg and who finally risks the financial Situation of the own family, only to be able to afford Uber and High End Equipment.

Hey all, isnt this really more important then a Game wich ripps you off of all your IRL Money only to stay alive in it ?

:baby: :inbed: :love:

And for another example, what about all the young people and kids playing this game ???

how the hell should they be able to finance themselves when they have to buy Uber Equipment only to gain skills ???

Then, M8s sorry that I say this in that way, but hell........ how many young people have to become psychic instable or maybe in Danger to become suicide before MA tries to understand the situation and finally .......

THE REAL SENSE of the Game ??? -----> Having fun and make friendships ?

Sorry for this hard words M8s but I am really angry about this changes and I was in Need to tell you how I feel.

I really hope MA changes the system again to old one.

And remember !!!

dont loose you reality sense.

(Hollyman/Rasta) will also post soon.

yours

Sonne

I am a little kid, but i dont think of suciede :D
But anyway I totaly agree..
I dont see the problem when its about hunting.. its about crafting.

People who like that they get skills "faster" now is ignorant,dont forget you get to a point where skills is so slow that it seems like a never ending slowdown :rolleyes:

Sonne, I hear what you are saying but do not agree.

For years Ubers have gotten ahead by getting skills CHEAPER than the normal rank and file. They use Mod FAPs that not only allowed them to hunt great beast but also game them skills much much cheaper that everyone else.

This change has been made IMO to REWARD those of us that connot afford uber gear, not the other way around. We get more skills for using our higher decaying FAP50s and FAP80s. Ubers already have the advantage when it comes to hunting and loot. Why should they also have the advantage when it comes to skills?

DD

Knuckles said:
People who like that they get skills "faster" now is ignorant,dont forget you get to a point where skills is so slow that it seems like a never ending slowdown :rolleyes:

Knuckles, don't forget that all of the uber fappers are to blame for this.

DD

Devil Doll said:
Knuckles, don't forget that all of the uber fappers are to blame for this.

DD

yes oki, thanx for your opinion DD :)

and whats about Uber- Fappers People I agree :)

I think its kinda way unfair to use autoclicking softwear I dont use it but hell oki its a way from MA to do something against Autoclicking :wise:

yours,

Sonne

Vombat said:
I am a little kid, but i dont think of suciede :D
But anyway I totaly agree..
I dont see the problem when its about hunting.. its about crafting.

Good to know :D

and sorry it was not my thaught to call young players as in danger of suicide, but when you hear Daily News, many things you hear about agressive Comp playing and suicide because of psychic instability.

I sure hope noone has this problems but who knows ?

Thats what I wanted to say only :)

Don't know why, but I am quite amused by this thread and its absurdness.

I do hope you are all aware that even though you all sign the petition, MA probably wont do anything... like others have said, MA made their descision, and its final heh...

and i have some high skills , but i am NOWHERE near able to afford to buy uber armor/weapons/faps/etc... and i absolutely love the VU ;)

Signed, even though I doubt Mindark are going to do anything about it... It just sucks to login and hear that you're friends are selling their equipment in order to leave...

Recoda said:
Signed, even though I doubt Mindark are going to do anything about it... It just sucks to login and hear that you're friends are selling their equipment in order to leave...

I agree it is not fun to have friends leave. However, over the life of this game I have seen many instances of knee jerk reactions and many many uber players leaving. One thing I have noticed is that there always seems to be a new breed ready to replace them.

Overall the game seems to be healthier with each passing month and year.

Hopefully that trend can continue.

DD

OK.....this is the way I see it.

There are 2 groups, Pro-VU & Anti-VU. Cool.

If it wasn't for diversity we would get nowhere in this world (or on Calypso).

I did not sign the petition, though, my other half plans to as soon as he gets home.

I almost did sign it, even though I love this VU (don't care about skills), except the radar.

But, after reading it, I realized......

This petition was written for the Anti-VU group. Good for them, it's good to have a place where those people can show once and fo all they are against it.

BUT.....I think, that once we all settle down, take a few more days, and look at the way our peers are feeling (again, the pros and antis), we could start to find a midde ground so that everyone can be as happy as possible, (there's no way everyone will always be happy).

I loved this game when I started playing, I don't love the game any more or less, but I enjoy more because of the community. It wouldn't matter to me, i it went back to the VU when I started, (which was early Dec 2004, right before 7.0).

It does bother me to see so many people, especially those I have come to be friends with, unhappy. Therefore, it makes me unhappy.

The only way MA will ever truly listen and possibly make a change or two that the majority will agree with, is by that majority gathering together and working together (hmmm, maybe a teamwork skill gain?? j/k).

Just like most governments in the world, (and MA is like the Calypsan Govt.), if we come together and go to them with the same face on each person, they will have no choice but to listen.

I'm sure MA is hearing the opinions of all the people who have stuck with PE through thick and thin, and continued to deposit large amounts (therefore giving MA that huge profit they speak of). But, personally, I don't think that minority (unfortunately it's true) of people will be enough to influence their decision making.

I'm of the PE generation that joined because of Slashdot and TI's sale. I'm grateful that we found PE, I can't imagine being without it, and the last 6 months have been more fun than anything I can remember. I look forward to the next years of PE.

I'm going to call it the "Generation gaps".

There's what us Newbs call the Ubers or Vets, the ones that have played for a year or more and have a true investment in the game.

There's the TI boomers, who joined enmasse all at once in late Nov, December (2004), and January (2005). We are beginning to invest time and money and those that are still playing, will probably remain for as long as the Ubers/Vets have or longer.

Then, finally, there's what I call the Unknowing Newcomers. These are the people who were surprised this last week, when mobs started running (walking) away. These are the ones that have no idea why people are upset.

What worries me is that the Newcomers will see the other generations arguing and fighting amongst themselves (and even quitting), and they will not continue enjoying the game.

PE was built as a "Virutal Universe" and like was said in the article recently, many of us feel that PE is part of our lives, our Real lives.....

That being said, in the real world, the way we are acting towards each other,(I love you guys, but it has to be said), bickering, calling people whiners, getting pissed and worst of all quitting, is called being horrible examples. For explanation... Two parents spend all their time arguing over stuff, instead of talking it out rationally and listening to each other to compromise, directly influence the behavior of their child who sits and watches what's going on.

We will never all agree on this VU, not gonna happen....but, I truly believe that if we take some time, we can work together to make a difference.

Time for cliche's.....

We are only as strong as our weakest link.

And even more important, and the main point I'm trying to make.....

United we stand, Divided we Fall

If we just sit back and do nothing about half of the community being unhappy, we fail.
If we quit because we are unhappy, and complain to the point of affecting the other half of the community, we fail.

I'm not saying I have the answer to make everything better. (i'm just newb, with way too much time on my hands) What I am saying is that, if we choose to take sides, instead of working together for a common goal, it makes more people unhappy.

Sorry to rant, I've spent the last few days reading all of this stuff and decided I couldn't sit back and watchus all fall apart like this.

Runt

Devil Doll said:
I agree it is not fun to have friends leave. However, over the life of this game I have seen many instances of knee jerk reactions and many many uber players leaving. One thing I have noticed is that there always seems to be a new breed ready to replace them.

Overall the game seems to be healthier with each passing month and year.

Hopefully that trend can continue.

DD

Knee jerk reaction? How simplistic it is to label something that doesn't affect you...yet.

Prior to this petition alot of players tested the new system and found it inherently flawed. And these are players that have been ingame for quite some time now.

This petition was a co-opertaive effort of many players,those that like to skill. Period. To these people that was the fun part of the game,just skilling,nothing more.

To be so self centered and to be so enrapt with what YOU think is right doesn't negate the fact that yes..there are other people outside of you narrow view that have other interests in playing

I was asked to write this petition to help those that wanted their concerns heard. I have no problems with the way the system works because I haven't hit that plateau...yet.

My skills are just zooming right along and I love the VU (erhmm well not the radar thingy) buts thats beside the point. And I don't play to skill! I'm the yahoo you see running around in a pimp suit dying all the time..lol

But when I was approached by some very good friends about this I decided that yep...your probs are my probs.

The point being is that what was an enjoyable aspect of the game for alot of players is now gone. Whatever you may find enjoyable to do ingame doesn't mean or give anyone the right to "label" as whats fun or not by telling them to find another game to play,or to be quiet about it.

Wow. You assume too much. I thought the post you quoted had a very nice tone. Did I really deserve to be ripped into like that? I don't know what else to say that won't get me in trouble with MB... :laugh:

DD

Most of this discussion actually belongs in the VU 7.4 Listing thread, please try and keep it there.

As for the petition, it's just a list of people who DONT like the new system, people who DO like it arent mentioned anywhere.

It would have been better simply making a POLL here, using the "Public" option, that way members names would show, so all could see who voted what.....

I signed it also as it doesn't take too much time to fill in those detailes lol, I do know it won't make a diffrence with MA's way of acting , MA listens to complains but isn't reactive until they see some statistics aparently...
I wished mining and crafting was also mentioned in that petition as the new skill gains afected those professions also , but nevertheless, if it's asked for the rollback of the old sistem , it's all good :silly2:

MB , please do that poll with public option .

Runt said:
Just like most governments in the world, (and MA is like the Calypsan Govt.), if we come together and go to them with the same face on each person, they will have no choice but to listen.

Dear runt,
Like most governments mindark doesn't give a crap what you or i think. They have their own agenda and that is all they are interested in. Don't delude yourself with anything different. :wise:

mindbuster said:
As for the petition, it's just a list of people who DONT like the new system, people who DO like it arent mentioned anywhere.

Dear mindbuster,
A petition is a form of protest - if you are happy, you have nothing to protest about do you?
That aside, its begining to look like people who like the VU are whining the same (if not more) than people who don't like it - If people who like the VU want to say so, why don't they just start a petition instead of moaning about those who had the idea to start one with an apposing view?

Back