Info: Efficiency scale of Mining Amplifiers

Auktuma

Prowler
Society
Soldiers of Fortune
Augis Auktuma Tumas
Dear entropians,
below is some table with data for mining amplifiers I compiled - I hope it will be useful information for miners on trying to pick right amplifier for their mining sessions. I haven't included market prices, because of these are not stable, but let it be for your homework before pick.
Have fun on the research and Good Luck to miners and crafters.

click here for table

What is efficiency in this case?

1. Efficiency is proportional to mined materials per time unit. Saves time!
2. Efficiency is proportional to globals/HOFs per time unit. Brings fun!

We are thankful to: StygMa, Salonga Salo Calypso, Xantok, Tul, Harruto Rat
for their input correcting initial data

Last edited:
the table is compiled for mining amplifiers what are crafted on unlimited crafting blueprints. I will fill table with new data right after getting it (etc. new prints released)

Huge Rep+ for this Table Really :) :yay::yay::yay:

Huge Rep+ for this Table Really :) :yay::yay::yay:

Thanks. Do not feed with that type of valuable too much - my pockets could accept just 2.35kg of that :D

Nice work

I dont know if its true for more amps (not for all), but for the lvl7/8 for example, the drop amount is (40)-1 :rolleyes:

there was a rumor you were awesome....proof. ;)

Nice work Auk + rep, a shame efficiency doesnt mean anything though.

Interesting to see no. of drops though in an easy format

Rgds

Ace

Level required to use but when is it maxed? If it is anything like weapons it has to be quite a few levels above that.

First of all I would like to thank all for +reps.

I've used some joke on above post about kilograms, but: Einstein brought to us on plate about E=mc[SUP]2[/SUP]. Taking into account that +rep indirectly could be taken as boost on energies, so E is proportional to rep. So, I've got some material it seems: m=E/c[SUP]2[/SUP] :D

Nice work

I dont know if its true for more amps (not for all), but for the lvl7/8 for example, the drop amount is (40)-1 :rolleyes:

Just some numbers were tested by me/friends during in-field tests. Others were calculated.
Let me know if any numbers in the table are incorrect. Let's beat down rumors together ;)

there was a rumor you were awesome....proof. ;)

Thanks. I believe all we are awesome on our unique services to community. Let's not forget that. ;) Let's keep on search that unique part so needed for our community.

Nice work Auk + rep, a shame efficiency doesnt mean anything though.

Interesting to see no. of drops though in an easy format

Rgds

Ace

Thanks mate. Efficiency is one of major things about amps. First of all it shows decay of amp (decay in peds = efficiency / 5). Another thing - it's multiplier for your findings using the amp - higher the efficiency - larger deposits you will find.

Another 2pecs.

Level required to use but when is it maxed? If it is anything like weapons it has to be quite a few levels above that.

I haven't that information yet. Anyone could help on that? :scratch2:

Thanks mate. Efficiency is one of major things about amps. First of all it shows decay of amp (decay in peds = efficiency / 5). Another thing - it's multiplier for your findings using the amp - higher the efficiency - larger deposits you will find.

Another 2pecs.

Yep fair enough it shows decay, and the decay is the direct multiplier of finds. I wish they had just put the decay value in, instead of showing efficiency. As 100% efficient doesnt mean anything, but 20 ped decay does.

Rgds

Ace

Good work, didn't check it properply yet.

Lvl7/8/D-Class all use 39.50ped single drop (look for both on last drop to bring amp to 0tt).]
LVl5 has 99 total uses on single drop.(same as above)

Last edited:
Yep fair enough it shows decay, and the decay is the direct multiplier of finds. I wish they had just put the decay value in, instead of showing efficiency. As 100% efficient doesnt mean anything, but 20 ped decay does.

Rgds

Ace

Yes it is Ace. Its easy to check at regular finds (at planets or at asteroids (foma/hell))

For Example- When you find regular claim like (X- ofc at Asteroid) its average 18ped tt- with level 13 you got (XVI) 360peds around.
Same at Planet.

And About - Maxing Amps (so far you need only got 100% - so reco level) - Arkadian Amps got Lower Required Levels

My 2 Pecs :>

Last edited:
Yes it is Ace. Its easy to check at regular finds (at planets or at asteroids (foma/hell))

For Example- When you find regular claim like (X) its average 18ped tt- with level 13 you got (XVI) 380peds around.
Same at Planet.

And About - Maxing Amps (so far you need only got 100% - so reco level) - Arkadian Amps got Lower Required Levels

My 2 Pecs :>

All i meant was, as efficiency is just the decay * 5, why not just show decay. It would make it a lot clearer for people.

For example if they brought out an amp that decayed 40ped, then the "efficiency" would be 200!?!

I would put that in the same catagory as people that say "I will give 110% effort", nonsense.

They multiplied the decay by 5 and called it efficiency. Its just nonsense

***Auk, sorry to hijack the thread***

Rgds

Ace

Auk, sorry to hijack the thread

all is good, mate! Thanks for your input. The thread is marked with "Info" and I pointed out mining amp efficiency for discussion. Thus, you are following topic. But any info is welcome!

Regarding that efficiency. To my point of view efficiency is about multiplier more than a decay. Efficiency of finding big claims. It means efficiency of miner's time invested: TT of mined materials per time unit.

Just there are some underwater parts of iceberg - you could not find more of redulite etc. on area slaping more "efficient" amp. Mining areas got it's optimal gear sets still. Miner needs to optimize what gear set brings best average market value on mining per market value on investment. That's fun to go for research on that and that research data could bring miner to profit.

Example: let's say you found that D-class amp (eff 20.0) on TerraMaster 6 works good on some area you like to go for mining (terrain, mobs, kinds of materials). But happened one time so, that D-class amps got to grow on price.
1) looking to the table I provided you could find that you could expect ~same results mining with Calypsian Level 8 amps (same eff 20.0) if these are supplied to market at lower %.
2) you should test if lower "efficient" Terra amp 4 (eff 17.5) or higher "efficient" Terra amp 5 (eff 22.5) are even more optimal for that area. Especially taking into account if cheaper market on that new for you mining amps.

Be flexible and always keep hand on pulse of market on amps you use and materials you supply. I wish you to have several areas to run to optimal to be even more flexible. Mining amp efficiency is really valuable parameter! Especially for those who value their time.
But also there is another alternative of meaning of efficiency: number of globals/HOFs per time unit. Isn't that option given to us also great? :) Yes, it is! :D

Last edited:
I have read here and there on forums that rare ore/enmatter that is hard to find can't be found at all when using amps or larger amps. MA changed it after someone got around a 20k Rugaritz tower. So I guess that would mean some ore and enmatter are locked out from being found when amping.

I have read here and there on forums that rare ore/enmatter that is hard to find can't be found at all when using amps or larger amps. MA changed it after someone got around a 20k Rugaritz tower. So I guess that would mean some ore and enmatter are locked out from being found when amping.

Yes, i havent mined ruga area for over a year, but after Dub's Ruga tower, you couldnt find ruga with an amp greater than the OA102. Same as tridenite. I can only presume that is still the case.

The reason for this is MA made it so you could only find one stone of Ruga at any one time. And as there is a minimum amount you can find with an amp. For example with Lv 13 amp you cannot find something smaller than a VIII. (I forget the exact size). So ruga is impossible to find with that amp, as its size 2.5ped is too small.

MA also seemed to put a limit on the amp itself that can and cannot find the uber rares.

Rgds

Ace

Yes, i havent mined ruga area for over a year, but after Dub's Ruga tower, you couldnt find ruga with an amp greater than the OA102. Same as tridenite. I can only presume that is still the case.

The reason for this is MA made it so you could only find one stone of Ruga at any one time. And as there is a minimum amount you can find with an amp. For example with Lv 13 amp you cannot find something smaller than a VIII. (I forget the exact size). So ruga is impossible to find with that amp, as its size 2.5ped is too small.

MA also seemed to put a limit on the amp itself that can and cannot find the uber rares.

Rgds

Ace

Even though for me personally it has been the same this is without a doubt busted as a former socmate zed managed to find a tridenite global so there is still hope however small to get that rare ore hof

terra amp VI 'Athena' is
Efficiency: 13

opps data is there :D

AMazing Love seeing this Great information for the community!!!!

Even though for me personally it has been the same this is without a doubt busted as a former socmate zed managed to find a tridenite global so there is still hope however small to get that rare ore hof

I am intrigued when he found a tridenite global?

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: i have looked on entropiatracker, and no globals for tridenite ever, i think he may be pulling your leg

You might be right. I havent seen him on for a least a few months, so it must have been somewhere last year. However I have no reason to doubt his sincerity, but maybe it wasnt a global, i think the market value was something around 2k so might have been just under global. I'll inquire when i see him on again.

Some of the amount of drop values seem to be off.

Lvl 5 amp I get 98 single drops out of it
Lvl 4 98
d-class 39 (with double drops you can get it to 0 tt)
lvl 8 39
lvl 7 39

Edit: Thanks for the nice info!

Nice work

Lvl 4 98
lvl 8 39
lvl 7 39

Thanks for your corrections!!!
Given table on first post of the thread has been edited.

Lvl 4 98
lvl 8 39
lvl 7 39

lvl 5 needs 98.50 ped because it can be brought down to 2 ped tt (make sure u are looking for both at 6 ped tt on amp left)
lvl 7/8/d-class requires 39.50ped to bring it to 0 ped tt on last drop looking for both.

the athena IV i only got 71 single drops out of

D-Class required level is 10.

Thanks a lot for this thread, very usefull. :yay:

Hi.

I have a different approach to efficiency which could explain why they do not write decay.
It might also shed some light why the claim is higher using an amp.

Here goes.

Amp-7 has an Eff of 15. Auktuma says 15/5 = 3 ped decay on single drop. Actual decay on tripple drop is 6 ped.

What if the efficiency actually explains the number of "virtual and real" probes a single tripple drop equals to?

Eff 15 would mean that a single tripple drop is equal to 15 probes or 5 tripple drops. (15 probes * 0.50 ped=7.50 ped=6 ped decay + 1.50 ped for probes used).

Now I do not know what the decay is for an amp 13 but an Eff of 100 would mean that a single tripple bomb drop equals to 100 probes=100*0.50=50 ped=(48.50 ped decay + 1.50 ped for probes used)?

Looking at efficiency this way makes it a bit easier (if it is correct) to understand why a claim is larger using an amp. You actually drop more "virtual probes". The average return from 15 probes is less then the average return from 100 probes therefore the claim is larger.

/Seamaster

You can actually do 19 triple drops with a Terra Amp 1, and it decays to 0.00 PED tt. Whether the last drop is unamped or partially amped for treasure, or you get a 60 PEC subsidy from MA, is a good question.

Back