Info: Efficiency scale of Mining Amplifiers

Sorry to necropost, but I was wondering if I could get a copy of the spreadsheet? One piece of data that I'd like to add is the "economy". While some amps do share the same efficiency, you aren't necessarily getting the same bang for your buck.

For example, Level 6 amp costs 2.5 per drop, and the same efficiency Terra Amp 3 costs 2.56. 6 pecs may not seem like much, but over 10k drops that's 600 PED. Maybe I'm wrong here?

Sorry to necropost, but I was wondering if I could get a copy of the spreadsheet? One piece of data that I'd like to add is the "economy". While some amps do share the same efficiency, you aren't necessarily getting the same bang for your buck.

For example, Level 6 amp costs 2.5 per drop, and the same efficiency Terra Amp 3 costs 2.56. 6 pecs may not seem like much, but over 10k drops that's 600 PED. Maybe I'm wrong here?

Where did you get the 2.56 PED figure from? Entropedia says that it also decays 2.50 PED per use, same as a level 6 amplifier.

Where did you get the 2.56 PED figure from? Entropedia says that it also decays 2.50 PED per use, same as a level 6 amplifier.

From OP's chart; 300 PED TT / 117 drops = 2.56 per drop.

But I'm just now realizing I didn't take minimum use into consideration, so I guess that's where the difference lies.
Disregard my nonsense. :ahh:

From OP's chart; 300 PED TT / 117 drops = 2.56 per drop.

But I'm just now realizing I didn't take minimum use into consideration, so I guess that's where the difference lies.
Disregard my nonsense. :ahh:

It's somewhat valid, and has to be taken into consideration when you calculate your costs, if the amp can't be used until 0 TT.

not every case goes to 0.00 PED TT on amplifier! you need research

Heya,
just noticed new input on this thread :). Thanks. And thanks to some1 for the "bell" about attention needed ;)
My idea posting this chart was for miners to have initial quick reference what amps they could use at their skill and what approximate economy they could expect. On several my later posts I have mentioned the need of detailed research in order to descend into very details (entropedia, tutorials, forums, research using real mining experiments). Etc like this recent "confusion" - I'm sure it is because not all amps decay to zero TT on your mining (if you want to try decaying amplifier to zero TT, probably you need to mix on your mining the search for single type resources with the multiple (search for double, triple types)).
Not excluded that all posted data in my chart is already 100% correct - I have used some automatic formula to get numbers for single-double-triple. Time shown that +-1 correction to some numbers were needed - thanks to miners who shared their time to check data and post about need of corrections.
Btw if data provided about remaining TT on amps after all single, double or triple type search drops I would have tried to incorporate it into the chart. Or post new alternative chart and link to it on first post.

Kind regards,
auk

It's somewhat valid, and has to be taken into consideration when you calculate your costs, if the amp can't be used until 0 TT.

True. However the loss is very small unless you are playing with high MU amps or are buying them with low TT left. For example, you can decay a full TT level 5 amplifier @ 102% down to 4, 2 or 0 PED depending on how you drop your last probe, but you are only saving a maximum of 4 * 2% = 8 PEC per amp.

Personally I think efficiency on the amplifier is just an annoying display feature. It would be better to just directly show how much PED it decays per use, but I guess that's just the weird way MA did things in the past.

The chart is also missing Monrian amplifiers (DSEC Seeker Amplifiers) as well as some of the new amps (Achilles) with extra bonuses. A few of those are also missing on Entropedia.

That said, there really aren't many kinds of amps that are worth using. We have:
- Level 2, 3 and 5 for low MU cost miners
- Level 7 and D-class for those who want to take a bit more risk (Why people would buy level 8 over d-class is beyond me, historically d-class is almost always lower in MU.)
- Level 12/13 for big gamblers

Terra amps other than 6 are just terribly overpriced compared to the Calypso offerings.

Last edited:
Back