FIFA WORLD CUP : who will win?? :D

I thought they have more "fighting spirit" in the good sense of that word
sry for their supporters, especially for u epictecus ;)

U'll probably see me cry tomorrow after our first game against switzerland :silly2:

KASSAD said:
I thought they have more "fighting spirit" in the good sense of that word
sry for their supporters, especially for u epictecus ;)

U'll probably see me cry tomorrow after our first game against switzerland :silly2:

Well good luck to France. At least you have a world-class team and stars instead of a bunch of overhyped nobodys.

I tried to +rep you but I the button is not there.

I think it's because of the "off-topic" nature of this thread :dunno:
But as we say here in france, it's the intention which is important ;)

KASSAD said:
I think it's because of the "off-topic" nature of this thread :dunno:
But as we say here in france, it's the intention which is important ;)

And we say "It's the thought that counts." :)

Something different.

The winner is FIFA

Epictetus said:
Terrible performance by the U.S. You could tell in warm-ups that they weren't ready.

They played like syphilitic dogs...sorry to waste everyone's time.

Thats a bit harsh...but true...hmmmmm...

Oh well, next weekend its USA vs, Italy, and guess who has tickets...:D

Its not who wins or loses, but the atmosphere...

The smell of hotdogs and Bud...
...can you believe that the world cup being held in a country that makes great beer, give the rights to Bud??? Only Bud sold in stadiums...!!!

If anyone watches the Italy/USA match next weekend, I will be the monkey waving the Luxembourg flag, no really.

Go USA!!!

Cheers :beerchug:

JackFree said:
...can you believe that the world cup being held in a country that makes great beer, give the rights to Bud??? Only Bud sold in stadiums...

Haha, yea its kinda insane isnt it. I was like :eek: when I heard that, but I guess that decision was made by the FIFA and the numbers on the check that bud presented them :D
Anyway, I am not sure, but in all the bundesliga games the beer you can get inside the stadiums is without alcohol, I guess it will be the same in the world cup.

Nevertheless, enjoy the match :)

GERMANY ofcorse

its an easy calculation....

54*74-1990=2006

(54, 74 and 1990 are the years germany won their other wc ;) )

so germany will win it :p and btw last time when wc was in germany we won too :p

and we shoot the most goals in one game until now in this wc

btw germany had nothing to say to the rights wich beer is given out

btw one of the main sponsor is honda and guess wich company the teambusses are :p mercedes :D :D

und 1 und 2 und 3 und 4undfünfzig vierundsiebzig neunzig zweitausendsechs und so stimmen wir alle ein, mit dem herz in der hand und der leidenschaft im bein werden wir weltmeister sein :wise:

Last edited:
Zefram said:
Haha, yea its kinda insane isnt it. I was like :eek: when I heard that, but I guess that decision was made by the FIFA and the numbers on the check that bud presented them :D
Anyway, I am not sure, but in all the bundesliga games the beer you can get inside the stadiums is without alcohol, I guess it will be the same in the world cup.

Nevertheless, enjoy the match :)

Thanks, I will :) Maybe a good idea to serve beer with no alcohol...

Cheers :beerchug:

Australia's victory over Japan is incredible!!!!!!! Last 8 minutes Australia scored 3 goals!!! 2 to Cahill and 1 to Aloisi(92th minute lol)!!!! Final score 3-1

I'd hope for Holland as it would be a big party here if they did... Even this first victory made for a good party on sunday :D

But who will actually win, some team thats the ref's favorite ;)

only 5 hours before France enters the comp... :D
Already shaking (fear & hope ;) )

I hope Sth Korea loses to Togo!!!! Brazil vs Croatia soon can't wait to see that game btw GO ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

France switzerland 0-0
Bad game from both teams, we won't play more than 3 times :rolleyes:
no comment... except on the ref, :laugh: this guy was crazy, but he was for both teams so it's ok with him :silly2:
Brazil is the future world champion

Last edited:
No not brazil again....
Let other countries to celebrate

GO Togo...

Last edited:
Tomy said:
GO Togo...
rofl
I hope we will manage to get a 0-0 against them :D

KASSAD said:
Brazil is the future world champion

Yup. Watching brazil vs croatia right now and can't believe how good they are. :eek:

Darkaner said:
Yup. Watching brazil vs croatia right now and can't believe how good they are. :eek:

Are they :rolleyes:

I wish the U.S. could have used Brazil's bench players instead of our pathetic losers. :tongue2:

Darkaner said:

If they play like this against a stronger team, they will not go far...If they are inspired, noone can stop them really...

After watching all the matches played so far, I must say that i'm really impressed with Czech Republic and Italy(Argentina did a nice 1st half aswell).

As for the other top teams:

- England - Poor display but I think they will get better on the next matches. This might have been caused by the "No Rooney effect";

- Germany - They won fair and square, but I didn't see that much of a flare tbh. Their gameplay will certainly improve with Ballack on the starting 11;

- Netherlands - They won their first match against a very though team, but they didn't impress. Some of their players don't seem to be at 100%

- Portugal - Very poor display imho. Cristiano Ronaldo is very young and he thinks he's the best. This might cause some troubles...Our midfielders aren't in top notch condition, and we miss Jorge Andrade a LOT in the defense. But I am sure that they will do much better against Iran with Deco playing. Side Note for Figo: U're THE BEST!!!

- France - Really poor display from the gauls...Playing like that they won't go far. Maybe they'll pick up the pace on the 2nd match;

- Brazil - Not what I expected them to be...They we're lucky to have won the game. Great individual players but they live of creativity and don't really seem to have a sense of "teamwork". Still one of the favorites anyway.

This is all speculation, obviously, as WC always are a box full of surprises. Looking forward to see the next games :)

Brazil 1 - Croatia 0 WOO HOO! TAKE THAT CROATIANS

SPAIN VS UKRAINE NEXT

Scoutman said:

SPAIN VS UKRAINE NEXT

GO UKRAINE!!!!! : ) weeeeeeeee!!! Some of my coworkers will definately be watching that game :p

id put my pecs on Argentina :D
South Korea might create another surprise but not win
Czeck are good too

France will definitvely NOT make it :D

I just wanna say ...Remember what i said last month :

Francine said:
I have read in the newspaper before the world cup of 2002 that Senegal team(who were in same category than France) cursed France team with african voodoo so Senegal would qualify to the 1/4 instead of France......
Senegal voodoo masters said french have to sacrifice 2 goats in order to remove the curse ........
.France didnot score any goal in 2002 and our best player Zidane got injuried so he couldnot play ....thats scary! :vampire:

I only hope they sacrificed the 2 goats this time :D...spooky

Never understimate the power of the african voodoo :cussing:...
Once you are cursed, you keep the curse until you remove it !
If you are going to say its BS,then i cant see any other reason why France dont win ;)

France will never do it, that's a fact :rolleyes:
But, at least, they'll kick that coach, & I hope we'll never see him again

Scoutman said:

SPAIN VS UKRAINE NEXT

Bear in mind that Brazil played really bad in that game. The Croatians' attacks we very formidable. There're even rumours that Ronaldo will be dropped from the team.

Asurada said:
Bear in mind that Brazil played really bad in that game. The Croatians' attacks we very formidable. There're even rumours that Ronaldo will be dropped from the team.

Also bear in mind that Croatia is a very good team.

England got it in the bag this year...

And if by some crazy twist of fate they get knocked out, I'm liking a bit of Portugal or Ghana :silly2:

but not very good when u compare it to Brazil.

They kinda are these days, Brazil aren't as amazingly good as they used to be, no where near as far ahead of everyone else like they used to be. I mean take Ronaldo for example, he was past it 3 or 4 seasons ago...Don't get me wrong tho, they are still a strong side, but they're definatly in the decline.

Back