Info: Radar in lootable pvp zones.

yes - radar, lets write an offcial document to MA, petition maybe

Last edited:
I think this is one of the bigger issues when MA do something, they remove one tool
but keep others, ending up with a total feature (pvp + lootable this time) that is more
or less mediocre...

Imo, any interaction where we are able to loot another participant should be way more based
on RL skills than ingame features like those Xen mention here.

Thing is if you base it on RL skill you would end up with something like a realistic FPS.
Now those are prone to being hacked (wallhacks, radar hacks,...)

Now imagine how much more incentive there would be to hack if you could make money from it. And if you know what a 14 year old script kiddie can do; imagine what would happen to PvP in EU.

well since all wanna fair here :D i do say hide avatar name hide avatar soc name in there head no radar 15 second target :D and thats more fair so well be hard to guess what to shot XD :lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

:wise: he wanna radar bcuz this is how it works radar on one avatar jumping around and sand pos to the one already have chip charge at revival and jump right on you bifore you even have a chance to jump away so i see not fair here i say NO to radar :D

Last edited:
Enable radar again

Thing is if you base it on RL skill you would end up with something like a realistic FPS.

Now imagine how much more incentive there would be to hack if you could make money from it. And if you know what a 14 year old script kiddie can do; imagine what would happen to PvP in EU.

To PvP in EU you need skills and HP and equipment that cost dollars and that require a lot of time to gain (if you aren't paying few thousand bucks right away for skills and so on) so I don't see how someone would actually come to EU to hack it so they can rule the no-radar PVP.

Yes to radar on. Remove next target and team target on players.

yes for radar

Then why don't they do it now?
All those things SanSiim mentioned will still be important, the difference is that you need to
use tactics, and be very observant. ;)

You do know that anything you suggest on this forum; MA don't give two shits about, right?

Then why don't they do it now?
All those things SanSiim mentioned will still be important, the difference is that you need to
use tactics, and be very observant. ;)

You and Sansiim have a point though. It would happen now too; maybe it does happen or maybe long term players are fair players, compared to other games. Let's hope it is the latter and it stays that way :)

To say about the radar. Since the radar was disabled I spend some time in PvP; got a pyrite hof even, but never encountered any others. Well I might have seen one fellow miner but I jumped since I wasnt carrying armor nor weapon on me and even a noob could pk me.

Now, when the radar still was enabled, mining or just even being in PvP was a little thrill. You were paranoidly watching your radar, trying to drop bombs as quietly as possible, always on the ready to hit the tp chip. I had a few close calls and a tank even blew me from outside the radar after popping up for a sec (freaky range on those).
I have been pk'ed when I didn't had any ores, and in the olden days even while holding some loot from the PvP3 merps.
Got my share of pk'ing back then, lend a DAR, plated my vigi and searching green dots for a couple hours, even with a couple teamed up since we were noobies back then.
To say, with the radar turned on it is much fun. Yeah maybe big teams go in and hunt anyone from akmuul tp; but that's not the way of the knowledgeable miner.

We went from langotz to pyrite to morpheus to speak miner; that was our route, if you speak miner you'll know; if not well... ;)

All in all, fun times there with radar; more uneasy and not as thrilled or enjoyable without radar; since with radar you get the rush and then try to get away under fire; while without radar it's more like a "boom" party is over kinda thing. It misses the thrill part of seeing a GD.
It's hard to explain, but from the viewpoint of mining in PvP, mostly for fun and also a bit for the MU; I'dd say bring the radar back; let's get that adrenalin rushing.
It's a completely different rush of seeing a GD (adrenalin pumping) then not knowing what/where to fear (stress).
that's maybe why so little is happening in PvP4 anymore.

Yes for radar (with normal size radar) and Iron missions on Attacker, Mulmun, Muluk-Hir and Mulaak'f :D

What?Is radar off in pvp4? I want it back on :)

Give us radar back! NOW! :boxer::beerchug:

well i think its better on with everyone and not just some exploiter cheater faggots...

Ofc radar should be turned on. Ma should listen to the players that has play this game for years. Im sure it will help alot with the EU economy.

So yes turn the radar on im 100% sure it will be more people in pvp zones.

More fun with NO radar:yup:
And ofc with no tag on players

Yep , radar saved me alot of blood moss back in the days runing away from Hulk ^^
Dont go there anymore after radar went silent , so i vote Yes :)

Yes for radar, just too slow for finding ppl.

Some miners claim it's easier to avoid pvp killers with the radar on, I my opinion it would easier to hide and disappear from them with the radar off if things like "next target" and similar target finding also was totally off.

You do know that anything you suggest on this forum; MA don't give two shits about, right?

Cost nothing to try :)

Some miners claim it's easier to avoid pvp killers with the radar on, I my opinion it would easier to hide and disappear from them with the radar off if things like "next target" and similar target finding also was totally off.

I got six years experience in lootable PvP and I think that you are wrong. It is much more easy to escape when you see green dot in yours radar. When someone stalk you, there is no chance to get out of there with loot. ESPECIALY without next target, team targets and other things. So if MA leave lootable with without radar, but disable next target and team targets - it will be even better for people who dont spend pec by hunting/mining, but only looking for someone to back stab when they completely do not expect of that.

Bring back Pre-VU10 PVP4 and i will chip back in.. But for now AfterWorld is having all my money..

But yes for radar back from an inactive player!

yes for the radar :yay:

All in all, fun times there with radar; more uneasy and not as thrilled or enjoyable without radar; since with radar you get the rush and then try to get away under fire; while without radar it's more like a "boom" party is over kinda thing. It misses the thrill part of seeing a GD.
It's hard to explain, but from the viewpoint of mining in PvP, mostly for fun and also a bit for the MU; I'dd say bring the radar back; let's get that adrenalin rushing.
It's a completely different rush of seeing a GD (adrenalin pumping) then not knowing what/where to fear (stress).
that's maybe why so little is happening in PvP4 anymore.

I think the last part of Acro's post echoes a lot of players thoughts.

While some may disagree the bolded section runs true for me.

Prior to the disabling of the radar I had just started with PVP however slowly since the change I just lost interest.

So boring now.

Edit.

l lot of you would know more than me however in the OP there appears to be a lot more dedicated PVP players advocating the no radar option

Cost nothing to try :)

I got six years experience in lootable PvP and I think that you are wrong. It is much more easy to escape when you see green dot in yours radar. When someone stalk you, there is no chance to get out of there with loot. ESPECIALY without next target, team targets and other things. So if MA leave lootable with without radar, but disable next target and team targets - it will be even better for people who dont spend pec by hunting/mining, but only looking for someone to back stab when they completely do not expect of that.

The whole point with the PVP zone is that should be dangerous and we can kill and loot other players, it's meant to be a nice place for miners. I rare go in to PVP zones, but I have both mined, gotten killed and looted, and also killed/loot players in there. Much more fun and without the radar and a "hide and seek" game

YES YES YES for radar!!!

l lot of you would know more than me however in the OP there appears to be a lot more dedicated PVP players advocating the no radar option

Green are people who want radar back. Red are people who dont want radar back. So you totaly wrong.

Back