Direct 3D Error

Korin Dante MDe

Prowler
Upgraded to Windows 8.1(64 bit), updated Graphics Drivers from HP(AMD Mobility & Intel HD) and now getting this Direct 3D error after launching Entropia from Client Loader

direct_3d-error.jpg

well i see u have utorrent open so maybe its a dodgy copy of win8? :laugh:

Nah but seriously install the newest directx you can get. again and graphics drivers from the graphics card vendor.. if that doesnt work i dunno, maybe try running in win7 mode if that is even possible. Im 90% confident it will be sorted with direct x tho

well i see u have utorrent open so maybe its a dodgy copy of win8? :laugh:

Nah but seriously install the newest directx you can get. again and graphics drivers from the graphics card vendor.. if that doesnt work i dunno, maybe try running in win7 mode if that is even possible. Im 90% confident it will be sorted with direct x tho

I tried updating the DirectX and getting same error. I was able to run entropia properly on Windows 8 but not able to run on Windows 8.1

Come up with proper suggestions to solve this problem at earliest.

Getting this Error after closing the Error Windows as shown above.

direct3d-error-closing.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty simple, the game tries to run with the integrated GPU (the one on your i3/i5/i7 CPU).

Most games have issue with it, right click on the entropia launcher and choose "Run with graphics processor".

This is really a common issue with newer laptops using integrated chips to lower the battery usage when they don't run 3D applications.

EDIT: I failed hard - for ATI it's a setting in the Catalys Control Center

Pretty simple, the game tries to run with the integrated GPU (the one on your i3/i5/i7 CPU).

Most games have issue with it, right click on the entropia launcher and choose "Run with graphics processor".

This is really a common issue with newer laptops using integrated chips to lower the battery usage when they don't run 3D applications.

EDIT: I failed hard - for ATI it's a setting in the Catalys Control Center

Tried both steps here but not working.

only other thing I can think of is to try reinstall .net framework - using the cleanup tool

possibly reinstall the game but thats a last resort. But tbh honest from google it looks like loads of games are having issues like this so its probably between MA and Microsoft.

If possible do a roll back to 8.0

only other thing I can think of is to try reinstall .net framework - using the cleanup tool

possibly reinstall the game but thats a last resort. But tbh honest from google it looks like loads of games are having issues like this so its probably between MA and Microsoft.

If possible do a roll back to 8.0

How to use Cleanup tool to Reinstall .net Framework?

its a MS tool available on their website. TBH I doubt that will sort it though. You should send support case to MA through the website, they are the ones who should give the fix for this.

Back