Votes: 34 20.2%
  • I hate it

Votes: 84 50.0%
  • Havent tried it

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Still deciding

Votes: 43 25.6%

• Total voters
well i wouldnt say I "love it" but i certainly think its good and adds new features. the only problem for me is it looks ugly, no.. it look hideous.. and the colours and shit is hard to see kinda, its good though I think, not great, but decent.. :scratch2:

I find it very confusing, but i'm just old :)

Very mixed feelings so far. Done some testing and can say that:

I like :
- Friends List change - it is much more useful now, although design wise it's not so good
- idea of having custom channels
- sticky notes
- possibility of linking items and avatars

I dislike :
- small fonts in chat windows and no option to scale it
- no easy way to change order of channels
- that new private message window pops up in default area, not in place where last message was closed, or lack of option to change default place (very important for all streamers)

I hate :
- severe limitation of what is logged to file
- pop-up strip showing globals/HOFs, or at least lack of possibility to disable it

To be continued after more testing/fixes.

I dont like the new social function where youre friends decay if you dont chat with them.

When I clicked on Exit the game,
there is now a 2nd comfirmation window asking if I want to exit...
Answer : yes, I clicked on Exit already.
So, a 2nd window was really necessary ? (in what purpose...)

I always had the 2nd confirmation since I started.

I think you have a tick box in options, "Confirmation on Exit"

I find it very confusing, but i'm just old :)

I am not old and I also found it confusing.... The release notes look more like an instruction manual than anything. I am a fairly tech savvy person and found myself struggling to figure out how to use the chat. It's so convoluted all it's gonna do is alienate a large part of the player base.

The old UI that we had was clean and simple, it just lacked some features. What MA should have did is keep the old user interface and simply added functionality to it.

My first impression is that it's prohibitive to game play.

Tonight and tomorrow I'll dive in and figure out the exact pros and cons.

Edit: Some really good features now but also some bugs.

Last edited:
about news in EU

This is a bit hard to me... If someone knows a link to a guide explaining this new chat stuff step by step I would be greatfull.Also i cant turn off what i want there...so this is why i dont like it.

Last edited:
As I become more accustomed to the new interface, I find that I rather like it.

I know some people have found a few things to be irritating, but I have found that some of these are easily corrected.

First, you can have up to 10 chat tabs PER chat window... but you can have multiple chat windows.

Two Chat Windows

I did this by dragging one of my chat tabs to the side, then I positioned the windows one above the other. But yeah, it takes a fair bit of space... so then, I used auto-fade.

To set auto-fade, right click on the main tab, select UI settings, and ensure there's a green check next to auto-fade. Here's the results:

Now, instead of having all those pesky PM windows open, you can add them to the chat interface as a separate tab.

Now that particualar PM is a tab in your interface, and the PM window is gone.

To move chat tabs from one window to the other, simply click the tab and drag it to the chat window you want. Also, you can rearrange the order of the chat tabs within a window by using the same method... click and drag.

Hope this helps a bit.

Are you serious people??? You liked the previous system better?? You can't see any good reasons why is it good???

Throw yourselves out through the window :D

This new UI is very good. Finally you can whisper(pm) anyone easily. No more telling to newcommers that you can't socialize in this game just like you socialize in every other MMO. And all the other features i didn't yet find time to try out. Offline messages, anyone?

i´m a coder and also designer, but the big problem is that designers say "i don´t need and i don´t want to know how to code" and programmers say "i don´t need and don´t want to know how to design" ... if you design for programs, websites, apps and so on you have to understand both ...

That's what project managers are for :).
Yes, I consider myself a bit of both too, but also admit that I'm not good enough at both because of it, too obsessed with slickness of code to be productive and too concerned with functionality of design to let the imagination run free :D

Anyway, back on topic:

• Rookie channel shouldn't be available by default, at least for people above a certain level. Everyone who's up for helping will find and join it himself. I understand that the devs were concerned that there wouldn't be experienced people in the channel to help, but as it's now - there are only experienced people going about their business, chatting, trading, bitching, and newbies' questions go mostly unnoticed.
  • Is there really a need for two mandatory channels, Main and System? Ideally there shouldn't be non-removable channels at all. If you're concerned that newbies will accidentally close them and get lost, hide the settings deeper, add warnings, but give back older people control over their screens.
  • What's the point of the contact list to be resizable if I have to click through pages of friends while half of the panel is empty (at 1200px height).
  • Already was said above but concerns me too - the buttons that invoke Message Center and Contacts should be moveable. Damn, only yesterday I was annoyed by the little black "Progress" box that wasn't possible to close, and now I got a whole bunch of stuff I can't remove from my screen (at least the black box is now gone :D)
And colors, and text size, and many other things. If my healthy eyes get sore after a hour, how do feel people with real problems? There are two buzz-words in modern UX design, accessibility and responsivity. This new UI lacks both qualities.

ok ive kinda changed my mind, its just pissing me off, like so many weird things like, I start a private chat in a window but they see it in chat, and im now called "Me" well.. actually I liked being called kitch..

and the bugs like not deleting the sent message so u have to manually do it. its so much more complicated and convoluted than it nees to be. You nee 20/20 vision and a degree in computer science just to pm a mate ffs

ok, i hate it..

I always had the 2nd confirmation since I started.

I think you have a tick box in options, "Confirmation on Exit"

Well, there is not for me, or I can't find it.

I voted that I loved it. Not that I actually do... but because a change with features in mind was needed. And in time bugs will be fixed, I hope.

Can you change the size of the text in chat?

I start a private chat in a window but they see it in chat, and im now called "Me" well.. actually I liked being called kitch..

This, and I also prefer to see my name above my head when I select my healthbar, and not "Me". Basically, the way others see me.

Got to be one of the worst social interfaces I've ever used.

1. The Hof banner constantly throwing annoying and distracting messages up on my screen that I can't turn off.
2. With the colors available, chat is nearly unreadable at times.
3. Why have a Sytem tab when you can't turn system messages off in main chat?
4. No choice in where to place sidebars.
5. Now takes twice as long to be able to see your messages - e.g. auctions sold, increased level, etc.
6. Having to delete old message to type a new one.

I could add more, but I think you get the point. Pretty much the same stuff everyone else is bitching about.
Only thing I liked was was chat links and ability to add new tabs.

edit - OK, relogged. Now I can disable system messages in main chat.

Last edited:
I don't dislike it, I hate it. Deeply. Most of all the HOF pop-ups. And the rest.

Last edited:
Still deciding. As with anything new there is a learning curve. I'm playing with it and there are things that I like, and others that I either dont understand yet, or dont like. Until I have time to get used to it I cant really judge. I'm not one to bash new things simply because I grew accustomed to the old. In this case it makes sense because to be perfectly honest, the old interface sucked. It was horrible. I grew accustomed to it.

QFT (too short)

Well, there is not for me, or I can't find it.

Just logged in 1st time since the VU, and cannot see it either. Maybe it was removed and double-check is now default? I had the second screen each time while a counter was going (15 sec) if pressing the green button the timer would be skipped.

UI 1st impression: I'm overwhelmed. I was thinking: yes, I will shine this time by posting something positive against the forum trend for a change but alas, is not the case.

FL list was fine with being accessed via J, also the big fat icon on top of screen.. "J". Now there are 2 buttons on screen for the same thing. Nice feature to filter the names (even if not on FL...) by disciples, society, nearby and so on. The fonts... meh.

Game crashed while tinkering to see where the auction hammer for sold items went (I LOVED that blue hammer waiting for me each login :cry:, hopefully is still there somewhere).

It feels alien, will see if after few hours it will get better. The flashing global/hof line is a no-no.

Going back in!

Its horrible
Too small letters
Bad background
Colors are too dark
Gonna be blind after a week with this chat system, eyes already hurting
Too complicated

Top left corner i got message center button, its annoying as it hides my loot image o.o

I hate the background, when using fade-in it makes the whole text unreadable on light surfaces.
I hate that you don't have the old little square "PM" & profession lvl increase box at chat, now gotta check message center..
I hate that the new UI contacts/message center has way too much eye candy that really ain't necessary and clutter up the screen
I hate the flashing hof message on-top of chat and it doesn't seem to be possible to deactivate it.
I hate that you cannot close system tab or hide the system messages you don't want in system tab.

Things they must implement in next mini patch:
Fix system chat (not possible to toggle off system messages, damage etc).
Add more color (possible custom colors too).
Add option to choose transparency for each chat.
Add option to make each message you want be bold or bigger size.
Add option to change background color of each chat, black should be default!

This will increase the customizable options, and will allow each player to personalize their chat to their liking.

For future VU, it would be nice if they made a simplified version of this "improved UI" because it takes a lot more space than necessary, and its especially annoying for small monitor users..

This social addon has just silenced people.
Just bizarre and erratic spam from people you have no clue where they are and complete silence from people nearby.

Give us at least an option to chose "classic mode" and give us time to explore this piece by piece.
Or I just wait for "Chatting in EU for Dummies".

First thing I did was disable Rookie .
What a relief that was , it was like being back in fucking WoW

If I can figure out how to use an iPad without an instruction manual after never owning an Apple product in my life then I should be able to figure out the chat program inside of about 5 minutes.... But I can't.

It's not user friendly.

Just logged in 1st time since the VU, and cannot see it either. Maybe it was removed and double-check is now default? I had the second screen each time while a counter was going (15 sec) if pressing the green button the timer would be skipped.

UI 1st impression: I'm overwhelmed. I was thinking: yes, I will shine this time by posting something positive against the forum trend for a change but alas, is not the case.

FL list was fine with being accessed via J, also the big fat icon on top of screen.. "J". Now there are 2 buttons on screen for the same thing. Nice feature to filter the names (even if not on FL...) by disciples, society, nearby and so on. The fonts... meh.

Game crashed while tinkering to see where the auction hammer for sold items went (I LOVED that blue hammer waiting for me each login :cry:, hopefully is still there somewhere).

It feels alien, will see if after few hours it will get better. The flashing global/hof line is a no-no.

Going back in!

omg nooo :( u just reminded me I loved the blue hammer and green stars when u profession level goes up... Im so gutted with this interface... really want the old one back. good have all the chat channels but if they could do it slicker.

keywords i use to describe it are: ugly, clumsy, awkward, buggy, shit, depressing

anyway, as dramatic as it sounds this turd interface makes me not want to even be logged in

First thing I did was disable Rookie .
What a relief that was , it was like being back in fucking WoW

How did you disable it?

Second take:

Ok, I managed to understand it. Making new tabs for each channel, including a new customized channel which I renamed it PM. Right click on it and selected only Private messages.

Problem with PM - all messages goes on the same tab, doing separate discussions with people a bit daunting.

Seems the interface was designed by a multiple-personality dude who does not mind multiple messages in his head (or more accurate, can switch really fast between them)

The message center is a mess, lots of tutorial messages. To see the AH messages, have to filter everything else. Bring back the blue hammer please!

BTW, the globals now are advertised in 3 places: message center (can be filtered), chat message (can be filtered) and the ad-like red bar (permanent fixture).

MA, please go back to the drawing board a bit and improve (simplify) the new UI interface. Rookie channel is useless and induce lots of universe-wide spam - imagine 100 people typing at the same time! And all that traffic is going from you towards me...

Seeing Kitch reply above: GREEN STARS!! forgot about them, MA has no idea that a green star is almost next to a global, adrenaline wise!

Bring back the blue hammer AND green stars. You can keep the red triangle warning, tyvm.

MA , seriously, did you hire some fked up developers from another MMO to develop this sh!t? EU had the best social chat window of all MMOs that I play.

It was CLEAN, NICE and CLEAR. I also love the SEARCH OPTION in FL.

Were you on DRUG?

Maybe what we need here is different 'skins' that we can pick and choose from with one being "classic" that brings back the look and feel of what we are used to seeing.

Back