Why don't you ever spread out event start times, updates, or new releases to different times of the day?

KyrismaStarsong

Stalker
Society
Synergen
Living in a time zone that is outside +/- 4 hours of MA time seems to be an automatic penalty in this game. My time zone is -7, so when there is an event that starts during the week, at times like 16:00 MA, like the one coming up this weekend, or a release with new items to discover and uber drops to be had, inevitably it happens early in the morning or the middle of the day when people further away from MA HQ are at work (or asleep) and less able to get in game until later, resulting in a head start for people closer to GMT. This always seems to result in a disadvantage for those who can't log on right as servers come back on line or an event starts, as the good stuff and big HoF's and ATH's almost always drops immediately, to the people who can get there first. Does it really make sense to penalize people because they actually have a job to go to each day instead of sitting and playing EU around the clock?

Dev's, why don't you ever spread out start times and other special occurances to different parts of the day, giving the rest of us around the world the same opportunity as others closer to MA's time zone get consistently? It happens in other games, simply to make the playing field more even for all players all around the globe, why not try to make your game a little more fair too? I know that fairness has never really been a priority for MA, but it's a small thing being addressed elsewhere, why not here?

Last edited:
excellent question. +rep.

edit: must spread around blah blah

erh...sorry but I do not see any penalty...
Server downtime happens when people in Europe are at work and can not log in, which is reasonable..because that is exactly the time when MA also works.
Aslo one must never forget...who pays for those working at night ?
Are you willing to lose extra PEDS because someone has to work nightshift?

And HoFs and ATHs dropping...every update I remember the loot was rather bad right afterwards...except for some bugs which took the server down quite quickly. Or do you really expect to get an ATH even though you have not spend enough ?

As for events...don't most events start at 00:00 UTC?
This one is different, but the timeframe is the same for all and no matter which country...people also have to sleep sometimes.

besides...if you are really serious about winning, you can still take the day off (which is absolutely no problem, because if you have the gear and money to win, you are probably a pro and don't work anyway)

I think MA should pm me a few days ahead a update or event and ask me when it suits ME that it starts, after all. The planets do circle around me and what i want.

I think MA should pm me a few days ahead a update or event and ask me when it suits ME that it starts, after all. The planets do circle around me and what i want.

You always have some smart ass comment don't you? It doesn't matter if somebody is making a selling thread, posting about a bug, making an observation, or stating facts, you always have to get your 2 cents in and that usually means you're belittling somebody. I hope it makes you feel like a big man, you seem to need that.

This isn't about me per se', it's about MA choosing different times of the day around a 24 hour clock instead of just doing things the same old way year in and year out and not worrying about trying to give everybody the same opportunity or mixing things up a bit.

Today, according to tracker, 5 Lacerating Attack Nanochip VII unl and 3 Jaguar Helmet M unl all dropped in the first hour and a half after the update. Just look at the times, like items dropping within 1 or 2 minutes of each other. This is the same time as all updates happen, and what I was talking about in my op. It's bad enough that MA allows items to rain like that, made worse that it's at such a predictable time like right after the update. I mean come on, isn't this video game programing 101?

If MA spreads around the update times, (or fixes their loot system to stop dropping new and rare items immediately after updates and event starts), then we all get a fair and equal shot at all the new loot. As it stands now, the lucky ones that live in the right time zones get first crack at each update and the new items time and time again while the rest of us are actually living up to real world responsibilities. I should have to take the day off from work just to try and keep up instead of the playing field being leveled a bit? Really?

being GMT -8 I again agree and feel the same way.

Successful +rep this time :thumbup:

Does it really make sense to penalize people because they actually have a job to go to each day instead of sitting and playing EU around the clock?

If you were serious about the game, you would quit your job and play EU. if your not serious why should ma listen? :scratch2:::smoke:

You always have some smart ass comment don't you? It doesn't matter if somebody is making a selling thread, posting about a bug, making an observation, or stating facts, you always have to get your 2 cents in and that usually means you're belittling somebody. I hope it makes you feel like a big man, you seem to need that.

But if im beeing smart, or stating facts, isnt that a good thing?

Maybe im sometimes stating things in a "sheldon obvious" kinda way, but i like to think that most people who get into an argument have thick skin to handle beeing informed that they are wrong, or lack some important information, or could see things from a wider perspective without themselves beeing the center.

I dont know, maybe im just getting old and cynical, my intentions are however not to be as you stated in your -rep a "full time A hole."

My point in this case was, that MA place their updates in schedule so that they fit in when they actually work, when its business hours and all needed staff are at the office, if i expressed the stupidity i found in asking for them to place it in the middle of the night instead ( and raise cost etc etc ) in a "less of a subtile way" then well im sorry.

I do however like to tell people they are wrong, could be from me beeing told that alot when beeing a kid, i dont know really, i dont have the education to determine the psycological functions behind my actions.

I do know that most of the times, my comment results in someone beeing corrected, or some important information that was held back is disclosed, making perhaps a selling thread easier to value, if beeing scammy or not in its nature, pricing, or pehaps just in general.

Have a nice day :)

I hear ya. It's not possible to please everyone with start times but the real problem you're describing isn't the event start times per se...

Vote with your money:

Loot Waves
- We've made substantial changes to how loot drops happen on Cyrene (in conjunction with MindArk) to try and alleviate loot dropping in waves. This will be an ongoing process that we will continually adjust as needed.

Looks like i may be moving, although i never thought i'd say that. Finally a PP that cares enough to get MA to help them fix that shit. Pardon my language but that's the single must frustratingly broken thing in this game.

I took time to do some research instead of jumping straight to flaming, and there seems to be some substance to your claim:
jaguar.jpg

Wouldn't be so sure about HOFs though - multipliers tend to suck right after updates.

What you perhaps do not realize, however, is that MA is actually trying to cater to you by scheduling downtime when you're likely to be asleep. (How happy people in Asia/Australia are about updates always happening during their prime time?)

Hey, they even moved support to your timezone. Guess why? :)

edit: ok, they're now moving support back to Europe. I won't speculate about their motives.

Last edited:
It's not a smart ass comment when people point out an obvious truth. It's just inconvenient to hear.

Point: This is likely falling inside their normal business hours, with plenty of business time after an update to monitor for severe problems and retract the update if needed, or make on the fly modifications if possible.

Point: Downtime will always occur during the time somebody is playing. The keyword there is playing. You arent saying that people should put your playtime ahead of their work schedules, are you? That would be... well... what are you, some kind of Plantation owner?

Get back to work! And make me more tea and biscuits!

You dont have a family or free time on my schedule.

Living in a time zone that is outside +/- 4 hours of MA time seems to be an automatic penalty in this game. My time zone is -7, so when there is an event that starts during the week, at times like 16:00 MA, like the one coming up this weekend, or a release with new items to discover and uber drops to be had, inevitably it happens early in the morning or the middle of the day when people further away from MA HQ are at work (or asleep) and less able to get in game until later, resulting in a head start for people closer to GMT. This always seems to result in a disadvantage for those who can't log on right as servers come back on line or an event starts, as the good stuff and big HoF's and ATH's almost always drops immediately, to the people who can get there first. Does it really make sense to penalize people because they actually have a job to go to each day instead of sitting and playing EU around the clock?

Dev's, why don't you ever spread out start times and other special occurances to different parts of the day, giving the rest of us around the world the same opportunity as others closer to MA's time zone get consistently? It happens in other games, simply to make the playing field more even for all players all around the globe, why not try to make your game a little more fair too? I know that fairness has never really been a priority for MA, but it's a small thing being addressed elsewhere, why not here?

but you never have inconvenient downtime .

To suggest that Mindark should work on there loot algorithms to make sure that items are more spread out and don't happen instantly after a update i think is valid.

To suggest that Mindark should move there work to the evening/night hours every now and then, pay there employees unnecessarily for over time work and reduce the company productivity to make sure that every timezone has a good crack at a patch the first day every now and then i find ridiculous.

Mindark is based in Europe.... and thats the beginning and the end of the argument for me. If they had localized server centers in multiple continents like some others games/services it would be reasonable to assume that different servers would be maintained at different hours, this is not the case with Mindark nor the way Enotrpia works.

As for events, thats for the most part up to the individual PPs i would imagine who are spread out all over the world, so there should be a better spread around the clock in that regard.

Best regards
Zweshi

Back