FYI: Things to do to get a good start on planet calypso

Just stating my opinion, don't agree? Then don't reply to it. While helpful to new players I feel this guide should be removed as it is a essentially a tutorial on how to make new accounts over and over for more profit then sweating it seems. Just more fuel for those chinese bots.

You did read the part where it took several weeks for 45 peds, right rusty? I think you are overreacting there.

(yes you said don't reply if I don't agree, but to be frank i didn't ask for a comment like that in a thread where i try to help newer players neither).

I really like this thread as well. Very useful indeed :yay:.

It is amazing how much fun one can have when starting with just a bit of careful planning and thought, and also get a lot of free stuff as well to help start out on the planet. Great job!

So, does that mean that if you are not careful about what you do, you end up getting stuck and unable to continue? Because that is what I feel I have done. I am out of ammo, my weapons and tools are degraded, I have zero PEDs. I cannot see how I am supposed to continue further in this game, as I cannot buy anything, and I don't have anything that can help me get drops or ressources, which I can sell.

I am about to quit the game, because it seems hopeless to continue. Soemthing I have never experienced in a game like this before.

So, does that mean that if you are not careful about what you do, you end up getting stuck and unable to continue? Because that is what I feel I have done. I am out of ammo, my weapons and tools are degraded, I have zero PEDs. I cannot see how I am supposed to continue further in this game, as I cannot buy anything, and I don't have anything that can help me get drops or ressources, which I can sell.

I am about to quit the game, because it seems hopeless to continue. Soemthing I have never experienced in a game like this before.

you have a sweating tool.. and you can walk for fruit,stones and dung.

Just deposit $5 and you can have another go trying to follow this ^^ Or offer your service to someone that want to pay for your time, sweat or be creative. If it was easy for everyone to come here and make money the first few weeks do you think the game would survive long then?

So have you played many games with a Real Cash Econmay that you can play for free, deposit and withdraw?

So have you played many games with a Real Cash Econmay that you can play for free, deposit and withdraw?

No, but I have not played any MMO either where I had to use a walkthrough in order not to paint myself into a corner.

Besides, I don't really care that the game uses real money. I am not playing this to make a living. I have a real job for that, which earns me money about 1000 times faster than this game. I just play it like any other MMO out there.

you have a sweating tool.. and you can walk for fruit,stones and dung.

Whenever I use the sweating tool, the mob kills me within a few seconds, and I don't have the healing thing anymore, as it is degraded. I do not see the fun in playing for a few seconds, die, play for another few seconds, die. etc. Also, I assume that the sweating tool will degrade at some point, just like everything else, meaning that I cannot even do that anymore.

I will try picking up stuff like suggested. At least that way I can do something in the game (if my picking-up ability doesn't degrade as well).

PS: Please note that I am NOT complaining about not being able to make real money from the game. My issue is with getting stuck in the game, ending up unable to do anything other than running around looking at the scenery.

Hello Falbal,

First off, welcome to the Entropia Universe. While not as bad as two others I know, Entropia does have a pretty steep learning curve when first getting to know the world. Fortunately once you get a little settled in, things go a bit smoother. Although expect learning to be a continuous activity - but hey that's part of the enjoyment of it all. One thing that will most certainly give you a substantial advantage would be to read the guide that is in this thread. It is a bit of a read, but invaluable.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?264996-Entropia-Universe-Guide-2015-Edition

The sweat tool does not decay. That said, as a new player, you will definitely find it easier to sweat in a group at a place such as OLA 42, Boreas, or Royal Club. Often there are folks who will "shuttle" new players to these places. Also, the new player missions (starting at camp icarus), will provide you with some great tools that are repairable, such as a really nice healing tool (VIVO S10) and a nice rifle. So hang in there you will get equipped.

To address the RCE aspect, and not in respect to actually "making money" (which in itself is a MUCH more elaborate topic), a small deposit, or alternatively one of the higher starter kits, can make your experience MUCH more enjoyable, literally to the point of things almost being a different game. Items such as ammo, gear, and basically the majority of activities in Entropia will all require PED. While this can be attained without depositing, you may not be amenable to the rate of accumulation. Nor would your initial experience (most likely) be as enjoyable. But alas there are many paths one can take and to each his or her own.

Good luck in your journey through this most wonderful place.

Whenever I use the sweating tool, the mob kills me within a few seconds, and I don't have the healing thing anymore, as it is degraded. I do not see the fun in playing for a few seconds, die, play for another few seconds, die. etc. Also, I assume that the sweating tool will degrade at some point, just like everything else, meaning that I cannot even do that anymore.

I will try picking up stuff like suggested. At least that way I can do something in the game (if my picking-up ability doesn't degrade as well).

PS: Please note that I am NOT complaining about not being able to make real money from the game. My issue is with getting stuck in the game, ending up unable to do anything other than running around looking at the scenery.

I'm not quote both of your last posts but I will try a short answer to both

About sweating
You sweat mobs you can afford the dmg and you do it with others not alone! all mobs will kill you if you try to sweat by yourself.
About gear
If your gear decays you need to buy new. That's why this game havn't subscription. Deposit is the way and the profits come from players decay.
If you feel you are not able to follow the gameplay or you don't want to pay. Maybe this is not an MMO for you.
But I wonder, you don't pay subscription fee in other games?

Some players might see this as (and have done) a way to get "free peds". Just making throw-away newbies.

However, the mission makers seem to have already considered that. There's so much "walk here", "visit over there", "come back and grab part 2" that time is an important factor.

The amount of time it takes to make that 56 "free ped" (factoring skills) is a long time of playing.

Any RL part-time job would give you more money than the $5.60 in "free ped" in the amount of time it takes to get it ingame.

A poor paying job gives ~$5/hour IRL. After a single day of working, even factoring taxes, etc. you make enough to deposit more than you can make milking a weeks worth of throw-away accounts.

To new players:
Start the game and use the new missions for their intended use: learning the very basics of the game, plus get a small "starters pack" of funds/skills. Then deposit and keep learning/enjoying the game.

To old players:
Don't bother trying to milk the newbie missions. The time factor will screw you. I promise.

I don't quite agree with this post.
John, you compare the 56 ped with a day job wage. But Entropia is not a job, is it?

I recently did the newcomer missions chains and found it quite enjoyable tbh. Even for an oldtimer these chains where a nice distraction from the usual endlessly boring "grinding".

To old players:
Don't bother trying to milk the newbie missions. The time factor will screw you. I promise.

What do you mean by this? Does the time factor not screw you while grinding? What makes grinding better spend time then doing missions chains? At least the chains gives a bit of story line and lets you enjoy the scenery more.
While grinding does not make ANY ped but makes you only lose peds unless you're lucky or have uber eco gear.
According to what you say you'd better get a day job and chip in instead of grinding/skilling. Because the time factor will also screw you when grinding/skilling.
Any time spend on entropia is wasted unless you've had some fun.

But Entropia is not a job, is it?
For some it absolutely is. It is their main source of RL income. And for MANY others, they are trying to make money in this game.

It is to those that I am addressing. More specifically, the morally ambiguous players that are looking for any sneaky trick to gain ped at a decent rate of speed, regardless of ethics. I agree the n00bie missions are a fun distraction from the normal grinding missions. Any time MA places new ones in, I'm right there enjoying them.

However, especially when the n00bie mission/tutorial chains were introduced, there was lots of complaining of them being milked for free peds. I'm simply saying that MA and planet partners did a great job of using time/stalling features to make the idea of creating hoards of throw-away avatars on a daily basis to create free money nonsense when compared to more realistic options.

For some it absolutely is. It is their main source of RL income. And for MANY others, they are trying to make money in this game.

Allright, if entropia is your main source of RL income, then indeed the noob mission chains might not be the best way of making a living. You're right about that :laugh:

hey guys, tried to stick to the guide, but some missions are outdated? or not there anymore? and i couldnt find the mission who starts the whole thing in Half moon bay, if i just tp there, no one has a mission for me.

and i couldnt find the mission who starts the whole thing in Half moon bay, if i just tp there, no one has a mission for me.

You choose either Camp Icarus or Half Moon Bay, you can't do the mission chains at both locations. Was possible for a while, but it wasn't intended to and eventually was fixed - the mission chains are exactly same, only the scenery differs, and HMB is meant as backup for the times of high load at Icarus server.

But you can do the missions at Half Moon Cove.

Port Atlantis area was reworked at least twice since the creating of this thread, so some missions might be gone indeed. Jennifer's Island mission is surely gone for example as Jennifer npc is removed.

Back