The Resurrection - Issue 0

Society
Freelancer
CptKARA - Starbuck- THRACE
Hello fellow Entropians,

Well, to make a long story short, after some heavy feedback concerning The Gate - and some realization that PE/EU had several other newsletters and magazines (sometimes I am pretty ignorant ... unintentionally) - I ventured out on a limb and created a new magazine, called The Resurrection. "Create" is probably far too much said. It is Issue 0 ... an official "test issue", to see if the idea of a new magazine catches fire - or not. You can access The Resurrection - for the moment at least - on my

Starbuck's Entropia

blog (click on the cover image ... google drive, however, is messing with the color, so download the PDF is much better ... sorry for that, seems google still doesn't get the rendering of PDFs right).

UPDATE: Seems my web server is down (grrrrr), and I am too far away to fix it. So, if the above link doesn't work, here is another one.

Please leave your feedback there, or in this thread. Needless to say that all suggestions, comments, remarks and - most importantly - contributions are very welcome. Again, please don't bash me for this. I just try to do something good here, for all of us. If it doesn't work out, or you don't like the idea, then not harm done.

Anyway, the core idea is to make it a small magazine, like 10...20 pages, monthly. Ofc, it is free of charge, and public. In the case the idea is welcome, I will create a dedicated website for it, where the Reader can download, leave comments, give some feedback or send contributions. Again, this is just in the case of exceeding a critical mass of interest.

Now, I envision the following sections, just to give you an idea where it might head:

Editorial - Reserved for Editors' messages and written thoughts.

News & Views - As the name says, some news and ... well, views of the Readers. I figured that many people use the various EU forums pretty extensively to voice their thoughts and theories. This would be the place in The Resurrection. Of course, and I cannot stress this enough, this magazine is not in any way related to MA ... so you can speak your mind (as you do in the forums), and leave a written mark!

Articles - User contributed longer articles, or - in the case these are lacking - longer texts which are already out there and deal with a given subject (e.g., Issue 0 contains the first part of PE's History, from the files of the Entropia Pioneers).

Featured - Well, the place for some longer elaborations by invited Writers. Guess it will take some time to get these, as I am not very good with contacting people ad hoc.

Techs & Specs - The name says it all: Some longer articles dealing with EU technology and specifications, mostly items or planets or LAs or mobs ... you catch my drift.

Nags & Brags - Yes, we are all used to these, from reading the various EU forums. Here you can simply brag about your latest HOF or ATH or Uber, or nag about yet another bug the last VU had, etc etc. Of course, anonymity is ensured, if you choose so!

Winners & Loosers - Well, also here, the name is the subject! HOFs, ATHs, Ubers ... in text and image and - maybe even video (the online flash version of the magazine might allow inline video streaming, thus making it a true magazine of the future, with moving images and such LOL). A bit redundant to the Brags in "Nags & Brags", but the distinction will develop as we go along.

Missed Connections - Americans among you should remember this viral idea. The Wiki article reads: "A missed connection is a type of personal advertisement which arises after two people meet but are too shy or otherwise unable to exchange contact details. ... Give people a second chance". Any more words necessary?

Advertisements - No need to explain that!

Of course - and again - all is free. I am initiating this as a fan of PE/EU, and it should - will - stay like this: a true fanzine. Of course, advertisements are not free ... well ... not for not-EU-related parties, that is. For all EU-related ads - such as LA owners advertising for their events, entropedia, shop ads etc etc - there is no price-tag. Just send over a high-res image, some text, and it will appear. Of course, donations are welcome. But I understand that this, ofc, depends on the number of Readers.

Anyway, that's about it. Well, the test issue (Issue 0) should give everyone a fair grasp of where The Resurrection might be heading. This was done in a mere 2 days, starting with InDesign from scratch. So, all is still in the flow, and potentially subject to heavy adjustments. Also, the contents in Issue 0 is pretty much borrowed from PCF, entropedia and the files from the Entropia Pioneers. All is public, however, and credits are given in a proper way.

Well then, again, all your feedback and thoughts are more than welcome! Loads of thanks in advance!!!

-Starbuck-

Last edited:
Looking good.

While I think you might run in a bit of a challenge with future issues (you did the history thing this time, only so much you can write about history before it becomes repetitive) I think stuff like this would be great to show people the amazing world of Entropia.

EU needs more of this!

Don't necessarily bind yourself to releasing something each month. That's a bad mistake with free-time projects like this, and a reason they die out.

Get people in on it. Focus on newbies. Spread the word about Entropia and get this publication read by people OUTSIDE THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE!

PS. I am willing to contribute to this, just let me know how I can help and I'll see what I can do.

Looks great and looking forward to reading it!

Thank you,
Skeezer

:cool:

Like the format, haven't read it all - yet -, but looks very good.

Gratz

very nice, i like this, please let me know if i can be of any help regarding the graphics part (click my sig)

cheers and gl, waiting for the next issue

Hey guys!

First of all, thanks so much for the great feedback! I really appreciate your suggestions!!! On a little temporary "downside", one of my cats got little kittens on Monday, that's why I did not reply to each one of your posts. Sorry for that ... and I still need to care for the youngens ... mother cat is too young and so.

Anyway, update maybe Thursday. But it all looks like a green light. There are still some issues, but nothing serious. Most importantly, I'll create now a little website, where posting and leaving feedback is easy, and where the magazine can be downloaded (and watched online). In parallel, I will take all of your suggestions, and contact you via PM, to see where we go from here.

Again, thanks so much for your feedback. We'll see if the idea is taken by the masses ... eager to see.

;-)

KK, now back to the purring ones (yes, I love cats LOL) ... but soon more!

-Starbuck-

Bumpin' this up.

Let's collaborate!

I've already got a few good people with ideas working on this. We can always use more :)

I was gonna do like a graphic novel thing with like.. avatars at one point, I would have contributed that.

Mag looks great :) Good idea, good content and well put together. Hope you can keep it up.

Back