PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: Y MY DISCIPLES NO GRADUATE???

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Economy is too challenging

35 22.44%
  • Not enough game content/quality

20 12.82%
  • Gameplay too challenging - Too slow etc

36 23.08%
  • Too hard to profit

33 21.15%
  • I am just a shit mentor

16 10.26%
  • I just unlucky to attract quitters

16 10.26%
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Retention rate

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Images

Retention rate

You will see that most of my disciples only completed a few % and in over a year of mentoring only two have passed

There was one guy who grasped everything eco wise and all the maths and concepts in a few days and had made over 200ped in his first week and completed half the shinkibadaikiba iron, all with ZERO deposits.. Needless to say he hasn't logged in over a month...

So why is it so hard to keep players and get them to the point where they are middish level depositor grinders?

If you say it is pointless to discuss this, well I would say that we're screwed longterm unless this problem can be solved anyway so it can't hurt to discuss it again
    ECOFAG and Proud!
    Chipping is cheating
    Breaking even is winning
    It's not the skills or the gear, it's what you do with them that counts
    ~^_^ ~

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Iveline Ivi Stockhouse
    Society
    BAHQ
    Images
    Thats why i no longer accept disciples, tired of answering questions for hours in a day just to never see them logging in ever again.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Piotr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats why i no longer accept disciples, tired of answering questions for hours in a day just to never see them logging in ever again.
    Yeah exactly, or in my case, lend them items only to see them never log in again
    ECOFAG and Proud!
    Chipping is cheating
    Breaking even is winning
    ~^_^ ~

Rather than saying the "Economy is too challenging", I'ld rather say that the game is too "economically challenged".

But in the end, I choose the closest....that is the "Too slow" one.

Too slow as in there's too slow a movement of goods in between the players who "produce" them onto the hands of the players "who need them".

Not to mention that there is an oversupply or excess of goods that are useless and totally of no use. Or that have been rendered obsolete.
    Last edited by sawachika; 08-01-2014 at 12:06.

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Piotr View Post
    Same here, feels like wasted time.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sub-Zero The Killer
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Because it takes a special kind of person to stick with this game and graduate.

They need to be "hooked" for life. And get a realistic viewpoint of the game. Not lying to them in hopes they will do their first deposit and fill the lootpool, but be generally completely blunt and honest with them day 1, that way you don't waste your time and they don't waste their time.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
    Because it takes a special kind of person to stick with this game and graduate.

They need to be "hooked" for life. And get a realistic viewpoint of the game. Not lying to them in hopes they will do their first deposit and fill the lootpool, but be generally completely blunt and honest with them day 1, that way you don't waste your time and they don't waste their time.
    Must spread rep......

It's hard to be blunt when people have their own expectations but as you say it is better to be cruel to be kind as this game has such a steep and unexpected learning curve. I remember when I did my first few hunts and was really surprised that I was getting less loot than the cost of the ammo
    ECOFAG and Proud!
    Chipping is cheating
    Breaking even is winning
    ~^_^ ~

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Warden Coz Coz
    Society
    GloryHound Irregulars
    Images
    Personally, I think that one of the main reasons people come in, try the game, and leave is because those people are expecting it to be a different game.

The ones that quit right off are the type of players who expect everything is going to be extremely fast paced, they can jump right into the fray and buy the biggest, baddest weapon out there, and kill the biggest, baddest creatures out there. These are the people that don't take the time to understand EU, learn how to play, and, above all, realize that this is unlike any game they have ever played.

Frankly, I had not played too many games prior to my introduction to EU. The one that I played the most was Sims Online. What did we do there? We chatted, interacted to a certain degree, went to visit new places, and did the same tasks over and over, every day (we called it skilling... funny thing, eh?). What do we do here in EU? Well, we chat, we interact to a certain degree, we visit new places, and we do the same tasks over and over... and call it skilling. Yes, former Sims Online players are eminently suitable for EU.

Granted, it can, and often does, take a lot of money to play. And don't get me wrong, despite the similarities, EU is FAR different from Sims Online. My point, though, is that EU truly is a niche game, and will only retain those players to have the patience (or a huge bankroll) to advance.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Lady Jennifer Art
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images
    Cost to play is too high for the people coming in.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    the most common reason:

there is no reason to play this game.

(UL, any) armor drops that sits between adj pixie and settler is non-existent in loot.
    (L) weaponry still drops from daikiba and merp. But Mindark's incentive to improve loot has stopped there and has been partly taken away. (remember colonizer armor from shinkiba)
    So there is no "wow"-factor (wow, i just looted a goblin armor part, it looks really cool and green!)
    That's the reason your disciples stop. they don't get a "wow". So they stop.

Fragments and oils and bones? WHY?

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast