Twin Peaks Bank - Bringing Liquidity and Exposure to You

Still don't get it

First, I'm sorry for my prejudice on ingame banking. I envy the eager souls trying to make a business with it. Maybe it's just me, but I seriously don't get what service the bank can offer me..

Ok, if I have this high MU tool and need cash, I could get temporary cash from it (below MU), in a hope that I in the near future will be able to earn more peds than I got from the bank, to buy it back. Knowing this game, getting more peds out than you put in is for the few überskilled and a few lucky ones, so I will most likely end up having to deposit to pay the rent or buy it back.

So, having this in mind, I prefer depositing upfront to get more peds, and selling the high MU tool if I'm irl broke..

Anyone care writing some real life cases where one of these banks actually were useful?

Can I borrow a kick ass tool from a bank for a week? Or offer my tool for rent? That would be more useful, but not really a bank's job.

Last edited:
First, I'm sorry for my prejudice on ingame banking. I envy the eager souls trying to make a business with it. Maybe it's just me, but I seriously don't get what service the bank can offer me..

Ok, if I have this high MU tool and need cash, I could get temporary cash from it (below MU), in a hope that I in the near future will be able to earn more peds than I got from the bank, to buy it back. Knowing this game, getting more peds out than you put in is for the few überskilled and a few lucky ones, so I will most likely end up having to deposit to pay the rent or buy it back.

So, having this in mind, I prefer depositing upfront to get more peds, and selling the high MU tool if I'm irl broke..

Anyone care writing some real life cases where one of these banks actually were useful?

Can I borrow a kick ass tool from a bank for a week? Or offer my tool for rent? That would be more useful, but not really a bank's job.

Well first you need to understand that not everyone plays EU like you.

A lot of people have various unlimited items that they only use some of the time. Some of these valuable items might only get used once or twice per year. From time to time, a short-term opportunity will arise and PEDs are needed so INSTEAD of depositing, the unneeded item can be pawned at the bank for a short-term loan.

Another scenario is that people often are not able to deposit simply because of the monthly deposit limits imposed by MindArk and as a result, they will submit an item of value to the bank.

Or otherwise sometimes people want to play now but are out of peds and also unable to deposit because of a temporary real life financial restriction, so as a result, they will pawn an item at the bank for a short term loan. Then they will deposit later (if needed) to recover their item.

I've seen countless scenarios where people want to use the bank and it makes sense. Ive come close to using it myself a few times and for my purposes, paying that little bit of interest makes a lot of sense.

Let me see if i can help..

1. There is an auction going on and you want to bid but do not have the peds and ofcourse you dont know whether you will win it or not. Depositing means 3% or so cc charges then waiting 3 months to withdraw if u don't win. You take a loan from bank for like 0.15%/day and do the bidding. If you win gr8, u can depo and pay the 0.15% charge..and if u dont, u can return the funds immediately. Which one's a better option is yours to decide

2. Not everyone has cash irl to do stuff in game as and when they want it. Lets talk from trading perspective. Resources based on events go to relatively very low value compared to the usual. So u have x peds to trade with. You have an amount and sit on it for 2 months to sell after prices go up. In the other case u buy for x peds, take a loan against it ( we were offering 100% on output amps for example). So u buy for 102-103% and then get back 97% of ur peds again. You buy again, reiterating your process. So you can literally buy upto 5-10x the amount that u had and within the 1-2 months , u can start selling and getting back ur peds and making a 5x turnover rather then x. Of course if real life funds are in unlimited supply, better to deposit in this case but not everyone has that.

3. There is a very nice item available for cheap. A good deal however doesn't last long. So you either depo with cc and pay the 3%+ and then hope that the deal happens or u can borrow from bank and with minimum risk work on the deal.

The cc charges are not the main issue here though. Dont forget it takes upto 3 months to withdraw the money as well. So given those choices there are so many times using a bank would be more constructive to the cause.

Cheers,

Divinity

Sure :laugh:

I bought a (L) BP from a non Caly/Ark planet. The BP had no auction history, but the product was already selling. Before I bought it I ran a bunch of numbers and figured out that I could expect a profit from clicking the BP, assuming the product's MU didn't crash too hard and the mats could be had for a reasonable, if high, MU. The uncertainty of the MU falling made time a real issue. Overall I'd say this project needed about 2K PED in upfront material costs to be productive - that doesn't sound like much, but it was unplanned and doesn't include things like travel costs, planet exploration, ammo & armor, extra probes, ect, since I had to mine all the mats myself.

I could have easily sold things I owned to the TT, or waited to list things on the auction, but I was in a serious hurry since I was basically betting on the MU not crashing. Because of that I took out a bank loan, while filling my 30 auction listings with stacks of 20-100 ped thingsI had taking up storage space. After a couple weeks I had paid off my loan with proceeds of the auction sales and had finished clicking the BP.

Pursuing mini-projects like this is fun for me. (I'm a dork!) They don't come along all that often, but there are situations where you can be confident of profiting. You do not need to be uber-skilled or lucky. When that's the case Banks are awesome!

Last edited:
Thanks

Ok, you had a few valid cases there. Thanks for informing (you should do it more often).
But I struggle to see any high amount of players doing this. But then again, maybe thats why I keep loosing peds :p

A big thank you to SUNSOUT TACOTUESDAY GUNSOUT for helping me get the throne textured as i wanted. Cheers m8.

A big thank you to SUNSOUT TACOTUESDAY GUNSOUT for helping me get the throne textured as i wanted. Cheers m8.

Glad to help :) The only thing left will be a vixen pet (MA shared a hint that they would be tamable in one of the pics somewhere), or maybe a few of them, feeding you grapes :)

Although I hope no one else ever asks me to make another batch of this texture...it takes FOREVER.

You did compensate me very well, though, so thank you too :)

Ok, you had a few valid cases there. Thanks for informing (you should do it more often).
But I struggle to see any high amount of players doing this. But then again, maybe thats why I keep loosing peds :p

Once upon a time, I used the bank to chuck all the gear I had to buy an hl12 when I wanted an upgrade because I couldn't deposit. I was able to get my upgrade and then subsequently participate better in HM. It has its uses even if you don't see it.

bump it up...

UPDATE: As of 02.01.2015 I have purchased all shares of the bank from Aurora Linzey Zamperath and am the sole owner of the bank.

UPDATE: As of 02.01.2015 I have purchased all shares of the bank from Aurora Linzey Zamperath and am the sole owner of the bank.

You feeling lonely yet?
You know.. i can be a good friend ... :D

GZ :) I think

For loans and more.. Contact me @ Twin Peaks Bank

Bump for the bank :)

Great time for raising funds for investing in compets with the launch coming up :wtg:

Bank holiday bump :yay:

Free up some PEDs at twin peaks bank for your day's activities :)

Bump it up..

Back