Info: ***WoF 2014: RULES.***

Team Names:
Main Teams MUST be named: WOF TEAMNAME MAIN .... personalise the last part if you wish.
Support Teams MUST be named: WOF TEAMNAME SUPPORT .... add numbers etc at the end in the case of multiple teams.
Team-naming is important as we use several methods of scoring, most of which rely on being able to clearly define which globals are valid and which ones are which. We need a uniform method of picking a LOT of valid globals out of the chatter. Your Judge should be able to tell you if your team-name is correct.

Hurrikane

Yet again spending hours going through line by line because there was a team not following this naming convention. This rule has been in place for awhile, and I have been on teams penalized for not following this rule. Why do others not have to follow it? :scratch2:

Yet again spending hours going through line by line because there was a team not following this naming convention. This rule has been in place for awhile, and I have been on teams penalized for not following this rule. Why do others not have to follow it? :scratch2:

Because there are a million rules to remember and people are human?

In this case we had a support team forming halfway through a match of one guy, teamed with me... it was clear who it was and the lag had lost us a fair few minutes trying to set up the team at all, so I was happy enough to send him off to hunt when we finally got one together. The rules make it easier but no-one has lost points for a bad team name, just been told to change it. Some do, some don't. The only loser in this is a team with a bad name might get their scores missed. Hardly an advantage so doesn't warrant a penalty of any kind.

If it's a teamname that can cause problem, as a judge you should be able to force a rename. Practically, its not Always the best solution if the difference is small enough to live with (as you instead might end up with two team names to check for, if the first globals Before the change of name should Count).

Today a supportteam was let through with a very bad name (thinking practically), but the team was created a bit in a hurry by someone who hasn't set up a team Before, and I guess main judge wanted it going asap (and again, maybe it would cause even more work to rename it, thinking the team creator hasn't done it Before). As far as I know, that (support)team didn't get any global (before the lag took over).

I Think it's up to the judge of the team to decide what to do, if name is 100% correct, if name isn't 100% correct but reconizable or if it's way off, and given the circumstances. When there is a team with many support teams, and you're completely busy with passing over support member list, you might not see that mainteam name is off until all teams have left the start and you do have time to check for it.

One time I remember a team didn't get score approved it was because it was a support team named after a society rather than the country it was fighting for.

One case where it's importent is to see if a team is the mainteam or supportteam, especially if the team does have dedicated support, so for that reason "main" or "support" should be in the name. Another odd example was when Amethera Deamons was hunting at the same time as WoF Amethera teams - in that case the "wof" tells it apart if it's just "any" team, or if it's *the* team.

As I see it, the rule is in a way to "protect" the scoring: If teams are unclearly named they risk losing the Points they should have.

One less obvious thing that can happen is a question among the judges "Did Australia get that tantardion" (for instance). Then we search in the logfile, and then if the team is spellt wrong, we might not find it and the team might miss getting a deserved sweep.

Here is a list of teams that wasn't automatically assigned to any nation during the match:
Soul Assassins (SA)
(Shared Loot)
Silly Underground Family
.: Elite Latina :.
Kisse&bobby
Omerta Society Kicks A$$
Rahastusmiehet
Henx&Lady
Najebalo pradu w kite!!!
TKOE

Last edited:
If it's a teamname that can cause problem, as a judge you should be able to force a rename. Practically, its not Always the best solution if the difference is small enough to live with (as you instead might end up with two team names to check for, if the first globals Before the change of name should Count).

Today a supportteam was let through with a very bad name (thinking practically), but the team was created a bit in a hurry by someone who hasn't set up a team Before, and I guess main judge wanted it going asap (and again, maybe it would cause even more work to rename it, thinking the team creator hasn't done it Before). As far as I know, that (support)team didn't get any global (before the lag took over).

I Think it's up to the judge of the team to decide what to do, if name is 100% correct, if name isn't 100% correct but reconizable or if it's way off, and given the circumstances. When there is a team with many support teams, and you're completely busy with passing over support member list, you might not see that mainteam name is off until all teams have left the start and you do have time to check for it.

One time I remember a team didn't get score approved it was because it was a support team named after a society rather than the country it was fighting for.

One case where it's importent is to see if a team is the mainteam or supportteam, especially if the team does have dedicated support, so for that reason "main" or "support" should be in the name. Another odd example was when Amethera Deamons was hunting at the same time as WoF Amethera teams - in that case the "wof" tells it apart if it's just "any" team, or if it's *the* team.

As I see it, the rule is in a way to "protect" the scoring: If teams are unclearly named they risk losing the Points they should have.

One less obvious thing that can happen is a question among the judges "Did Australia get that tantardion" (for instance). Then we search in the logfile, and then if the team is spellt wrong, we might not find it and the team might miss getting a deserved sweep.

Here is a list of teams that wasn't automatically assigned to any nation during the match:
Soul Assassins (SA)
(Shared Loot)
Silly Underground Family
.: Elite Latina :.
Kisse&bobby
Omerta Society Kicks A$$
Rahastusmiehet
Henx&Lady
Najebalo pradu w kite!!!
TKOE

Yes the "penalty" for not obeying this rule is the chance of missed scores.

Hurrikane

Back