Entropia Life is falling way behind.

Status

Sn0wst0rm

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Mr Sn0wst0rmz X
Hey guys, why are these support sites falling so badly behind. especially E Life which is missing many Globals. No of clients on Toulan = 0 when two of us are running it. Mobs are missing even though we have globalled on them.

It's sad really as from our end there is nothing more we can do other than run the client.

Who normally updates the site info ?

Cheers

S

This year the website has been taken over by some one who is working on the coding, as far as I know.

It might take a little while, but it should eventually be running good.

Have to say that entropialife is a great site and I like the idea.

The problem I have, is that it only register approx 65-70% of my globals. Therefore I have chosen to hide all my data on it until they get it working.

:smoke:

This year the website has been taken over by some one who is working on the coding, as far as I know.

Thanks Lizzy I do hope this is true and the guy is still working on it. I personally believe that the missing data has a negative impact especially as far as the other planets are concerned. People want to see the "goodies" on low pop planets before spending time and peds on them. So a fully working EL suite would be a major boost to economies other than Calypso's.

Cheers again

S

I know there is a tricky fine line they have to be careful of.
In the past people abused the site for events and stuff by inserting false globals into their chats.

So they had to implement safties such as X number of people have to report the same global before it is registered on the site.

I have had this problem on Rocktropia since forever so it isn't a new problem.
The best solution though is to get more people to run the client on the low population planets :)

Have to say that entropialife is a great site and I like the idea.

The problem I have, is that it only register approx 65-70% of my globals. Therefore I have chosen to hide all my data on it until they get it working.

:smoke:

Got to have 3 clients running on the planet or It won't be tracked. As for taking over the coding, that is me but I haven't started yet (getting available tools etc.). There are a lot of things coming.. just a matter of building a change and deployment process that works out for everyone and maintains the security and integrity of EL.

For mobs, they are likely needing to be classified. PM me thr mobs and I'll sort that out. They probably are under unassigned/shared loot.

I know the team doing the client work is working on a better tracker and I will likely step in to modernize.

Last edited:

I think you confused EL with Entropedia.

In fact he is, along with a few other volunteers to help with development.

EL is... rather complex, to put it lightly. Some things can be sorted by programming noobs like myself due to familiarity with the backend of the system as a whole, however true programmers are required to deal with some of the larger issues that have persisted for a while now.

We are taking a collaborative approach now that will hopefully get us in tip top shape. We do truely appreciate everyone that runs the client, and uses EL, so please don't take the lack of progress in some areas as disinterest, or a lack of appreciation for users running the client and trying to help keep the system alive.

Its more a matter of finding the right people to deal with the right pieces of the puzzle moving forward.

I know there is a tricky fine line they have to be careful of.
In the past people abused the site for events and stuff by inserting false globals into their chats.

So they had to implement safties such as X number of people have to report the same global before it is registered on the site.

I have had this problem on Rocktropia since forever so it isn't a new problem.
The best solution though is to get more people to run the client on the low population planets :)

Yes both me and my team mate are running the client now so we shall see if that helps.

Got to have 3 clients running on the planet or It won't be tracked. As for taking over the coding, that is me but I haven't started yet (getting available tools etc.). There are a lot of things coming.. just a matter of building a change and deployment process that works out for everyone and maintains the security and integrity of EL.

For mobs, they are likely needing to be classified. PM me thr mobs and I'll sort that out. They probably are under unassigned/shared loot.

I know the team doing the client work is working on a better tracker and I will likely step in to modernize.

OMG it's you running Entropia Life ? Well that gives me total confidence in it's future, that is for sure. You are very active and very helpful so thats good :)

OMG it's you running Entropia Life ? Well that gives me total confidence in it's future, that is for sure. You are very active and very helpful so thats good :)

Not running.. but I am part of the development team... focusing on the web side. Lots of things coming... just a matter of time at this point.

Does anyone know who is running EL these days? Have not been able to log in on EL in years and need to contact whoever is in charge.

If someone from EL could PM me or point me who to PM would be appreciated.

ty Dibbler

Does anyone know who is running EL these days? Have not been able to log in on EL in years and need to contact whoever is in charge.

ty Dibbler

sent PM to Meculus, he helped me very fast

I'm glad that there is more and more interest for E.L.
I registered from first minute I started Entropia (almost 2 years ago now!!!) because I believed, even before I enter in Entropia, that it is great tool and all the Entropians should support such efforts.
Now some of you discovering some drawbacks.
Yes (as Narfi said) some of us who living or lived on low populated planets missing some or more globals, but that's not a reason to stop supporting EL.
I have certified globals on E.L. , little more than half of those I realy did, because I live most of my time on ROCKtropia. So the only thing I do it's not use the site signature, because infos about me are false.
But I don't care so much, since I enjoy a lot of addons and all the stats that E.L. offer to me.
Also I think worth it to pay for some additional addons/data access.
But isn't falling at all it is slow growing ;)

ty Dibbler

Should be square as soon as you check your PM's, ty for putting name in game message btw, all it said was "anymous user" so i couldnt reply lol

This was a problem in the early days of Arkadia. PP stepped in and ran three dummy avatars that just stood in a corner with tracker activated. Perhaps Toulan PP could do the same.

I agree. Perhaps I will contact each of the planet partners tomorrow and see if I can get them to oblige.

I agree. Perhaps I will contact each of the planet partners tomorrow and see if I can get them to oblige.

A better solution would be to give looser requirements to globals registered on the startup planets. Or... just advertise the EL client better... almost nobody runs it.

A better solution would be to give looser requirements to globals registered on the startup planets. Or... just advertise the EL client better... almost nobody runs it.

Bad idea, the requirements of at least 3 seperated registrations of a global, was introduced to stop event scams.

Advertising is the key, go get some sweaters or traders that run the EL client !!!
There should be some ;)

Or... just advertise the EL client better... almost nobody runs it.

You do realize entropia life is on almost every planets client loader and Promoted through almost every player created event don't you? I'm open to more ideas for sure, but I think were definitely promoting it ;)

I'd consider the 20k+ accounts, current signup rate of 40-50 new accounts per week and 100-200 active clients on at any given time a few more people than almost nobody, that being said, the more the better I guess, especially on less populous planets :)

This was a problem in the early days of Arkadia. PP stepped in and ran three dummy avatars that just stood in a corner with tracker activated. Perhaps Toulan PP could do the same.
I had something like that in mind to suggest! didn't knew that David did that on Arkadia :wise:
I don't think ND will denied something like that also :yup:
3-4 dummies somewhere on RT it will be very cool because there are times that my EL client is alone there.

Last edited:
Calypso and Arkadia working ok with Entropia Life sometimes i can see thats missing a global or hof but the rest of the planets gets most Hofs but few or non Globals.

I've spent the last few days on Toulan. My EL-tracker is always up and running but when I run the tracker client from Planet Toulan "My location" is listed as Unknown and "Entropia Tracker Clients Currently Online, Planet Toulan: 0. Other planets shows online tracker starting from "1". Did it ever show online trackers from Toulan, or is it just my clients that's funny?

I've spent the last few days on Toulan. My EL-tracker is always up and running but when I run the tracker client from Planet Toulan "My location" is listed as Unknown and "Entropia Tracker Clients Currently Online, Planet Toulan: 0. Other planets shows online tracker starting from "1". Did it ever show online trackers from Toulan, or is it just my clients that's funny?

The client is tracking globals while on Toulan yes, however since Toulan launched during our rebuild of the client its not reporting the location properly since it hasn't been updated. We felt redundant updating existing client while also doing a major overhaul for the next gen tracker client. Rest assured the client is still scanning for globals and if enough clients catch those globals they will be added to the system.

Thanks Meculus for clearing that up.

Looking forward to the next gen of EL tacker! :yup:

Status
Back