Question: How does the auction orders work?

Akoz

Rogue Banker
Society
Shaolin
Akoz
I must admit I haven't been overly active since the new interfaces came around, so this might just be me not understanding something. Therefor I ask you, how does orders in the auction work?

Two days ago I placed this order:

fertilizer issue.jpg

A good place you might say. 20700 units requested. So far 13726 bought and 6974 remaining. At least that's what it says in the summary of this auction.

But let's look at what's actually bought shall we?
798 + 1013 + 66 + 416 + 86 + 3074 + 612 + 642 + 804 + 2300 + 532 + 960 + 600 units in a total of 13 purchases. That adds up to 11903 units on my calculator.

So the list shows 11903 units bought and received, while the summary says 13726 units bought. Which is correct? :scratch2:

You scrolled all the way down? (I know, asking the obvious, but still ;p)

There's also this one.. easier to do the math on.

CLD issue.jpg

I'm guessing that I'm just missing something very obvious. Something so obvious I just don't see it. This just doesn't make sense to me :shots:

what does it say in your inventory summary on entropiauniverse.com? guess you knew how many CLD´s and perhaps how much fertilizer you had be4 placing order, try comparing those numbers.

View attachment 32463

I'm guessing that I'm just missing something very obvious. Something so obvious I just don't see it. This just doesn't make sense to me :shots:

Looking at this I would say auction order is bugged and you lost serious amount of PED.

Best thing: open support case, sent the pictures to MA and don´t use orders untill MA fixed that bug.

View attachment 32463

You have not already read the previous 25 won orders sometime earlier?

You have not already read the previous 25 won orders sometime earlier?

Can they pop up in separate reports?

Do they disappear when you read them the first time? o_O

Did you close the notification before the order was filled completely? I ran a little test with a friend to see what would happen if you closed the notification window early, the results didn't match your predicament, but they were certainly odd. I first listed the Starting order, had a friend fill 200/400 Mid-order, then closed the Message Center notification before completing the order with 400/400. The result was Finished Order. Very strange, inconclusive results.

order_test_10.5.14.jpg

Upon re-log I got this.

order_test_2_10.5.14.jpg

Not sure what to think about it, I received the full amount for both orders, 400/400 Ammonite. It certainly makes me nervous to use the order system though. I'll let it run the remaining time, and post another picture, see what it shows then.

Order End.

order_test_3_10.5.14.jpg

Last edited:
Lacking some of those "reports" seems obvious at begining, but even lack of report should't mess with summary in auction panel.
Reports shown don;t vanish until u click "x" mark on them.

Realy something is wrong .I suggest support with link to this thread.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 now MA how hard is it to count?

When you have learned to count to 5 we can do the adwanced class and try to count to 10 !!!

(I dont have order problem if I dont his the 'X' (close) until the order is finished)

View attachment 32463

Did you get that message when the auction got finished by itself ?(when the order timing actually ended from when you posted it, not when order get filled up and then disapear)

Are you sure that peds were not returned aswell ?(the supposed 25 clds money back).

I have never noticed any peds missing, but I do see buggued orders that way here and there, still I never noticed a lack of peds when drawing comparaisons, it does not mean it did not happen tho, and if it's real, I am sure it happened to me too o_o.

Did you get that message when the auction got finished by itself ?(when the order timing actually ended from when you posted it, not when order get filled up and then disapear)
This is from after it is finished.

Are you sure that peds were not returned aswell ?(the supposed 25 clds money back).
Yes. No money was returned from this order. This is what made me investigate.

Have you received any response from Support already?

Have you received any response from Support already?

Quite a few.

Support case history since 6th of September:

Thank you for contacting us and please accept our truthful apologies for not being able to reply in time.

We have received the screen shots.

This seems very odd, We will have to investigate this.

Is the time 2014-08-29 19:51 when you placed this order?

So when did you place the order?

We suspect this is caused by the actual 25 CLDs you bought cost what you ordered 50 of them for.

That's why we need the time you placed the date so that we can see where the money has went.

We can find a lot during these times not only orders placed but also orders matched, since you have not specified how much you placed to order for or anything else we are not able to identify what order is from where. But we can't any instance of money going missing.

How much did you place initially for the 50 CLD's?

We are still investigating this since this is a new bug that has occurred and I am not able to determine where the money has gone missing.

During the past week we have received more reports about this and you can rest assured that we take this very seriously.

We hope to have more information for you soon.

..note that all the information they keep asking for can actually be found out by the screenshots I uploaded initially.

"...is a new bug that has occurred and I am not able to determine where the money has gone missing."

Great, now MA seems to resigned from some part of logs. It was unthinkable few years ago that they don't have posibility to track money and it seems to be point here ( let alone other things ).

Bit surprised that the auction order resellers haven´t noticed this yet. Tho it must be hard to keep track of all their money.

I think you must have closed previous winnings in a prior session or something. When you close the windows you cannot get them back. Still the same with friends requests, if you are offline you will never get them, and if you do and close it, its gone forever, they cannot even resend one.

If you are saying 25 deeds went missing and no ped was returned either, a month later.....well then it should be an easy support case.

I am guessing at some point in the month you logged in took the previous 25, closed the messages and forgot perhaps.

I have done this on orders a number of times myself since this new UI was put in place...which has created more problems than good.

so any update on this akoz?

so any update on this akoz?

MA claims the orders are correct, and that it's just the reports that are missing some entries. Follow-up questions has been submitted.

I have done some CLDs order in the past few months. The amount of PEDs returend and CLDs received was always correct.

I do not know if it is the same for orders.
But for buying/selling i experienced this:

If you delete(hit the x) the message while the auction is running you will not receive any further messages regarding this item.

Back