-- Zzuki -- UL Lvl 2 mining log

-- Zzuki --

Young
Hello,

I recently purchased a UL Lvl 2 mining amp. I thought I would share if this purchase was worthwhile. I will try to update this on a monthly basis.

Theories: I believe- 90% TT return over long periods of time regardless if on taxed land.
Theories currently experimenting with- Double bombing, Auto Drop, Perception.

Tools: UL Lvl 2 Amp, various finders, Gen Star Earth Extractor ME/05 SGA, T-104 refiner, Thorifoid helm, Adjusted Harrier

Personal mining rules:
1- Stick to high MU areas regardless of current returns. (Don't want to waste a HoF on Lyst)
2- Don't be tempted to go to FOMA/Hell/Underground from seeing others global/HoF.
3- Only scout new areas after a large loot. (Kind of the same as rule #1)

Goals:
1- Become self sustaining in-game.
2- 5 digit HoF
3- Do atleast 30 Amp runs per month.

Achievements:
Tower x2

I lost my old spreadsheets from a external hard drive that died so my mining logs start from June 2014.

Updated: 4/19/2015
Total spent on runs including decay: 68,884.73
Total TT return: 71,282.74
Overall run return without MU: 103.48%

Last edited:
2- Don't be tempted to go to FOMA/HELL from seeing others global/HoF.

but UL amp + "indoors" helps cycling PED a lot faster, sure you'll get less average MU but the cycling speed + lower avg MU should eventually surpass profit you make from high MU areas. In the end, you save time and get bored of swirlies faster.

But that's just like my opinion man,

Subscribing and GL out there

Theories I believe- 90% TT return over long periods of time regardless if on taxed land.

Maybe divide results into two, return on taxed lands and nontaxed, to see if there is any difference. Would be really helpful for other low level miners.

If not then you presume that tax on land area doesnt affect loot and all LA´s should be set at maximum 10%. I doubt MA would give away their profits - so it must be you who is giving away % of your tt return.

but UL amp + "indoors" helps cycling PED a lot faster, sure you'll get less average MU but the cycling speed + lower avg MU should eventually surpass profit you make from high MU areas. In the end, you save time and get bored of swirlies faster.
Subscribing and GL out there

I know what you mean and I thought that as well. I currently don't have to PEDs to cycle there to make it worthwhile.

Maybe divide results into two, return on taxed lands and nontaxed, to see if there is any difference. Would be really helpful for other low level miners.

I will try this out. On my current returns 32/82 runs were on taxed areas.

(...)
Tools: (...) Adjusted Harrier
(...)

Just wanted to point out that curently the buff is bugged and is not increasing any running speed. I have reported this 4 months ago an still waiting for fix.

Also: subscribing.

Falagor
:bandit:

Personal mining rules:
1- Stick to high MU areas regardless of current returns. (Don't want to waste a HoF of Lyst)

:( A man after my own heart, I can't tell you the pain I felt after hoffing on growth molecules. Luckily, all the devils tail I found in that area made up for it and it was just a small hof, but still :(

:( A man after my own heart, I can't tell you the pain I felt after hoffing on growth molecules. Luckily, all the devils tail I found in that area made up for it and it was just a small hof, but still :(

no, all devils tail HOF's are mine, keep your hands off them

90% is a very easy target to hit, Many of you may have check my log out when i was doing it with the same amp and i could quite easy sustain 95% return TT :)

Gl with your log, i may start my log up again and do it monthy too, doing updat after each run takes up alot of time which i could use to mine more :p

Sarah Kazanori Louise

Hello,

I haven't updated this at all since I created it ~4 months ago. I figured I would give an update on my progress. I broke my rule #2 but now have enough PED float to survive in FOMA/Hell

Total TT Spent: 39874.48
Total TT Spent + Decay: 41381.28
Total TT Returns: 39322.87
Pure TT Return: 98.62%
TT Return + Decay: 95.03%
Average MU% 121.28%
TT Return + MU%- +7815.39
TT Return W/Decay + MU%- +6437.33

Notable Loots:
Globals- 51, 52, 52, 52, 54, 56, 82, 86, 96, 98, 98, 109
HoFs- 115, 121, 130, 130, 132, 159, 161, 174, 283, 433, 438, 479, 555, 592, 942
Tower- 4137 :eyecrazy:

Reactions: MPZ
Hmm... Very temped to stop mining for a while. My storage is full of ores that I refuse to sell at the current MU%. Looks like I am going to start the Puny hunting mission. I don't blame this on the mining event but I do 100% blame this MU crash on Explosive BP garbage...

So lets do some simple math.
Average long term TT return in EU ~90% TT
For example lets say I go on a Explosive BP 10,000 PED run
10,000 PED of Nanocubes
10,000 *.9 = 9,000 PED average returns.
MU% from Metal Residue/Explosive Projectiles- Best case ~102% MU (not including Auction Fees)
9,000 * 1.02 = 9180 Return + MU%
Total gain/loss -820
I would need to maintain over 98% TT return just to break even with MU

So even know all the global/hofs look pretty I see no possible way of profit. So why are crafters dumb enough not to see this?

Hmm... Very temped to stop mining for a while. My storage is full of ores that I refuse to sell at the current MU%. Looks like I am going to start the Puny hunting mission. I don't blame this on the mining event but I do 100% blame this MU crash on Explosive BP garbage...

So lets do some simple math.
Average long term TT return in EU ~90% TT
For example lets say I go on a Explosive BP 10,000 PED run
10,000 PED of Nanocubes
10,000 *.9 = 9,000 PED average returns.
MU% from Metal Residue/Explosive Projectiles- Best case ~102% MU (not including Auction Fees)
9,000 * 1.02 = 9180 Return + MU%
Total gain/loss -820
I would need to maintain over 98% TT return just to break even with MU

So even know all the global/hofs look pretty I see no possible way of profit. So why are crafters dumb enough not to see this?

because explosive bps still keep dropping for some odd reason.. with IV selling at TT+5000 why not grind explosives? Surely the bp drops need to stop eventually though

because explosive bps still keep dropping for some odd reason.. with IV selling at TT+5000 why not grind explosives? Surely the bp drops need to stop eventually though

That makes me think that crafters are even more retarded than before. Who would pay TT+5000 for a BP that makes you lose PED? I am all fine for them to keep the BP in the game so crafters can continue to lose PED and blame the game for their stupidity. But I would like it if they did not drop Metal Res. That way miners can have some sort or way to profit again. Or at least add some benefit to miners. Currently mining is the only profession that you cannot loot some item worth thousands of PED. Hunters complain about no MU% but can loot a item worth a fortune. Crafters have some (L) BPs that can be worth a ton or create a UL item with insane value. Miners rely solely on MU%.

That makes me think that crafters are even more retarded than before. Who would pay TT+5000 for a BP that makes you lose PED?

Crafters who hope to loot those TT+5000 bps.. it's an ongoing cycle.. But hopefully when all of the gamblers default on their auto loans and mortgages and are forced to quit EU we will see improvement.. Sad that it will have to come to that.

But srsly.. EP bps should have used shrapnel and/or vibrant sweat.

Mining Update after 2nd tower.

Total spent on runs including decay: 68884.73
Total TT return: 71282.74
Overall run return without MU: 103.48%

Notes: I am surprised that I got another tower with my TT return being so high before the tower.

Back