About Flamethrowers

Scurvy Sityl

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Scurvy Sityl LaRoux
So I know that 50% of a flamethrower's damage is dealt out over 4 seconds. Does this damage stack, or is firing the weapon a second time in that 4 second period a waste of PED?

Thanks.

Flamethrower damage

Yes the damage does stack. To be eco you have to remember to stop firing before the mob is dead, Very important to use a finisher. One other thing to remember is that the flamethrower is different than other weapons in that it uses ammo when fired even if there is no mob present. I am an owner of a ranked flamethrower and I love it. Great for skilling with the high fire rate and even better with a skill buff or pill. The only negative I can say about it is that it can burn enhancers fast or so it seems.

Hi,

Exactly what Kartunes said is on point. Yep, damage over time (DOA) can be stacked with an arson chip to increase your dps while you are healing for an example. Just make sure to time your (DOA) at the end if you do not plan on using a finisher. This is a bit harder, but over time you will learn to get the hang of it (best to switch to finisher if you are not comfortable or confident in the timing). I used to own the highest tiered level'd Ranked FlameThrower (RFT) in game (got a Tier 6 HoF btw - see my pics). Sure enjoyed 'BBQing' alot of mobs such as the LongTooth/Eomon when they were around this year. Other things I noticed is when I hunted Foul for an example, you can kill one and as more Foul agro on you, your flame can do a tiny bit of damage to even the other Fouls around you! The (RFT) is not a bad wep in terms of dps (67 attack speed) and being eco (only with Beast amp) on top of being able to use the stackable (DOA). Just alot of people either don't understand how to use it, they under estimate it, don't like how there's no MU for it due to not being able to be put it on the AH, you can't use it underwater, and uses up ammo if you fire it even if there is no mob selected or in front of you. The reason why I sold my tier 6 (RFT) is because I wanted a longer ranged weapon basically. Hope this helps and gl out there.

Regards,
Vi

Back