PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 129
  1. #61
    Elite Jennson's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Germany
    Avatar
    Jennson Laudi Marakomm
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    2,939
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by ruisu999 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tuesday morning my account got locked and MA sent an email saying they were conducting an investigation so i decided to send a support case asking for the reason my account is locked and they sent this:
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Hi Ruisu,

    This account has been locked in connection to receiving PED from Credit Card fraud.

    This account will not be unlocked nor will we answer cases made by this account in the future.

    Kind regards,
    Ulf | Entropia Universe Support
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    The only way i receive PED is from loot payment via AH or direct trade and from website like epartners...
    I don't know what to do and i feel like MA is stealing my account from me because of the way they closed the support case i quoted before...
    My avatar name is Luis Ruisu San
    Thank you in advance
    As AH sales give money from the system, only p2p trades or the "free-ped websites" are the reason. MY guess is these free ped websites are used for washing dirty fraud from stolen CC cards money and convert them into money from ads etc. they give away dirty money and get views clicks etc. and clean money from that.

    edit: now as i'ver read the whole thread i might stand corrected in my assessment above.
    Last edited by Jennson; 11-20-2014 at 10:34.


  2. #62
    Old Alpha
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Germany
    Avatar
    BaronNuss XXVII DepositFinder
    Society
    Art of Mining
    Posts
    779
    Images
    20


    "Hi I´m Ulf and welcome to MindArk-Support!"

  3. #63
    Whatever OP did or didn't do, the reply from support is totally unacceptable.
    Considering it's RCE, and that OP seems to have been in the game for years even, they should at least provide an explanation for the lock.

  4. #64
    Elite WhiningSkeptic's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Whining Skeptic Aboard
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Posts
    3,898
    Images
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorthis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whatever OP did or didn't do, the reply from support is totally unacceptable.
    Considering it's RCE, and that OP seems to have been in the game for years even, they should at least provide an explanation for the lock.
    I disagree. If op did commit CC fraud and support has enough evidence, then they did more than they should have. If you're a crook you don't deserve their or anyone else's time.

    However, if OP is innocent, and/or there are doubts on the matter, you are correct.
    22 days left

  5. #65
    Stalker Falagor's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Poland
    Avatar
    Falagor Falagor Frostmaster
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Posts
    2,472
    Images
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiningSkeptic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. If op did commit CC fraud and support has enough evidence, then they did more than they should have. If you're a crook you don't deserve their or anyone else's time.

    However, if OP is innocent, and/or there are doubts on the matter, you are correct.
    Problem is - they did not show what evidence they have (or at least OP is not sharing this info with us). So untill explaining what went wrong and the exact cause of ban - removing the comunication chanel with support is really bad step.

    Also - picking up something from the ground should not lay responsibility on the player to check if items he is picking does not come from frauded peds - the system should varanty that (i.e. by not accepting credit card deposits as it may lead to situations like this).

    @opinion:
    i do not side wih neither MA nor OP but i think that the system has hole that has an easy fix i mentioned above. Sure lots of players will loose convinience with deposits and mayby MA is afraid they will loose part of depositors - but then they reduce to nearly zero any resources (supp time wasted) on cases like those - reducing cost.
    And really dedicated/addicted players will still keep depositing with other options for sure. As far as i know making wire transfer takes as much time as depositing via credit card (to be honest - i do not know because i have never deposited).

    Falagor

  6. #66
    Elite WhiningSkeptic's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Whining Skeptic Aboard
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Posts
    3,898
    Images
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Falagor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Problem is - they did not show what evidence they have (or at least OP is not sharing this info with us). So untill explaining what went wrong and the exact cause of ban - removing the comunication chanel with support is really bad step.

    Also - picking up something from the ground should not lay responsibility on the player to check if items he is picking does not come from frauded peds - the system should varanty that (i.e. by not accepting credit card deposits as it may lead to situations like this).

    @opinion:
    i do not side wih neither MA nor OP but i think that the system has hole that has an easy fix i mentioned above. Sure lots of players will loose convinience with deposits and mayby MA is afraid they will loose part of depositors - but then they reduce to nearly zero any resources (supp time wasted) on cases like those - reducing cost.
    And really dedicated/addicted players will still keep depositing with other options for sure. As far as i know making wire transfer takes as much time as depositing via credit card (to be honest - i do not know because i have never deposited).

    Falagor
    Well, we only heard OPs story. Perhaps he picked up money 80 times dropped by 80 different players all using the same stolen CC taking turns logging in from the same IP. Top that with with some chat logs where OP brags about it, a video of him doing it posted on FB and a written and witnessed confession.

    If OP is guilty, he has been given explanation enough already.

    Unlikely scenario above, but you get the point. I'm thinking "beyond reasonable doubt".

    Then there is another possibility: Authorities are investigating the matter and told MA to not communicate with the suspect.
    22 days left

  7. #67

  8. #68
    Super Moderator
    Serica's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    Australia
    Avatar
    Harena Serica Turbinis
    Society
    Antipodean Army
    Posts
    5,358
    Blog Entries
    155
    Images
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Falagor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... As far as i know making wire transfer takes as much time as depositing via credit card (to be honest - i do not know because i have never deposited).
    ...
    /offtopic/
    This may be true in Europe. Certainly not for Australians, and the cost would be prohibitive for small deposits. For example, my bank charges $20AUD per international wire transfer, so I'd need to deposit at least around $600 to make it competitive with current credit card depositing fees.

    Credit card transactions are, on the whole, a safe, reliable method of payment for both merchant and customer, especially when dealing internationally.
    Born in Entropia: 26Sept06... Skills Unlocked: MMS 16Nov06, RDA 16May07, Animal Taming 12Jul07, Serendipity 23Dec07, PC 25Apr08, ESL 10May08,
    CGA 23Dec08, MatExtrMeth 4Mar09, BPC 30Mar09, MDA 8Aug09, Extr 6Oct09, Coolness 17Apr10, Martial Arts 22Apr11, Medicine&Treatment 23Aug11,
    150HP 7Aug12, Wounding 27Mar13, C.Sense 12Aug13, Avoid 27Aug13

  9. #69
    Elite whiteknut's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Estonia
    Avatar
    Snablesnot Male Young
    Society
    Vikings of Calypso
    Posts
    3,046
    Images
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Falagor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @opinion:
    i do not side wih neither MA nor OP but i think that the system has hole that has an easy fix i mentioned above. Sure lots of players will loose convinience with deposits and mayby MA is afraid they will loose part of depositors - but then they reduce to nearly zero any resources (supp time wasted) on cases like those - reducing cost.
    And really dedicated/addicted players will still keep depositing with other options for sure. As far as i know making wire transfer takes as much time as depositing via credit card (to be honest - i do not know because i have never deposited).

    Falagor
    You said you do not side with either side, yet to take all OP said as truth. Ppl in this thread have already discovered that OP lied about this site (this site never existed). If OP is lying about one thing, maybe he is lying about something else also? Maybe MA contacted him earlier did full investigation and decided that there is nothing more to discuss.

    MA doesn´t have to discuss all credit card frauds in public, wire transfer takes about 24-48h(in Europe for example) while credit card depo is instant. They would lose 95% of their depositors that way. Depositing small amount via credit card is also way cheaper than wire transfer (a lot of fees there (from your bank) ).

    Yeah this thread is witch hunt, but OP wanted discussion in public otherwise here wouldnt posted it here. ATM i fully understand why he is banned (maybe he said the same thing about the website to them, and MA also discovered that it never existed).

    Anyways me i feel myself safer again if i see threads like this, cause it means frauds will be caught and no second chances are given.

  10. #70
    Stalker Falagor's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Poland
    Avatar
    Falagor Falagor Frostmaster
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Posts
    2,472
    Images
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Serica View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    /offtopic/
    This may be true in Europe. Certainly not for Australians, and the cost would be prohibitive for small deposits. For example, my bank charges $20AUD per international wire transfer, so I'd need to deposit at least around $600 to make it competitive with current credit card depositing fees.

    Credit card transactions are, on the whole, a safe, reliable method of payment for both merchant and customer, especially when dealing internationally.
    I understand and i don't agree with snd part (about safety of credit cards) - but thats just my opinion. If there is even 1% part of tranaction that requires trust in any of side - the system is not safe.

    Also there are other options - for example PayPal - so far i think its possible to pay with it in the Entropia web shop where you could buy uni amo - it is not exactly depositing but cycling the uni amo once and you can have peds. I do not know how easy it is to pay with PayPal in Australia - thats true - but i would guess it is not much harder than in any other free country ("not free" country - restrictions with internet access inluding PayPal).

    Falagor

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook