wish&suggestion/demand. We want shared mission kill points when teaming!

Diosa

Provider
Diosa Daemon Watamaraka
Entropia like any other game is alot more enjoyable when you team up with your friends, soc members and other fellow players.
The way the mission points are rewarded right now is hindering us from enjoying the game to it's full potential when playing with other players.
This is outrageous and should be fixed asap. If anything, you should be promoting team play, not demote it.

We all want to progress in our missions but any decent person will feel bad for taking all the points when they deal the most damage and the very same person will get jealous when they themselves don't get a piece of the cake.

Right now you can help someone get the mission finished quick by supporting one certain person but does that not ruin the point of this kind of mission?
As for those who would complain that they're "wasting" time by killing mobs they have finished if they can't pass the points to someone that still needs them.
There's a simple solution to that. Add more missions so they'll never end. :)

Solutions?
-Points shared based on the percents of damage dealt. just like with stackable loots.
-Let the players have some control and all of the kill points can go to the team leader
(It'd be like a squad taking on a mission and the squad leader takes the credit for it)
-some combination of current and these suggested solutions.

I personally don't like if you'd be able to choose someone that gets all the points but atleast it's better then it is right now because it could be used in a good way like taking turns on getting the kill points.
However, it could also be used in a bad way for example if some strong hunters decide to quickly skill up a second character for MM, other events or evil deeds. it'd be really easy to just do some of the 50-200 ped TT skill implant missions on mobs that give fairly good profits to quickly skill up a new character. in other ways, it'd be too easy to exploit or abuse in other ways.

Last edited:
This wont happen in my book, doing this whould cancel out all solo players in doing iron missions.
Why solo when you can speed up your missions like madness? And cost? say you use solomate opalo and others use bigger weapons, you wouls get a minimum of 1point for almost doing nothing.

I agree with idea tho, team hunting is fun and should be looked into more for future upgrades.

First suggestion, like stackables, I can see working. Second is however open for exploits.

In general i like the idea to improve and encourage team gameplay more. With the iron missions entering the universe some years ago this took quite a hit. However i don'T see this happen for all the mission, but it is worth to think about team missions.

For killpoint missions that could work as well. I think the "send to teamleader" option would not work out well, because it opens also the doors for abuse. And what players do not want is another skill nerf, because mission rewards become to easy to obtain *cough* exploted.

I vaguely remember Kim saying this (the first solution, of course) was on their todo list. That was last year IIRC.

Edit: found it - actually he said they requested it from MA. Here: Team Missions:

We have already requested this feature from platform development and I'm doing everything I can to have it included in a future update to the mission system.

Cheers,
Kim

Last edited:
I vaguely remember Kim saying this (the first solution, of course) was on their todo list. That was last year IIRC.

Edit: found it - actually he said they requested it from MA. Here: Team Missions:

Hopefully it happens soon. Solo hunting prots is boring and I'd love to hunt with 1-2 of my friends instead while we all work on our mission

My opinion about old kill count missions are that they are much better than nothing. they should not bother with those until all monsters have missions and the points from kill point missions can be shared, after that they can balance the old missions so they're up to date.

Signed.

After the Auction, House this would be my 2nd priority for change.

Team hunting is so much more fun and allows you to kill higher level mobs, which opens up a whole area of options.
I think it would encourage people to hunt more.

My thoughts were:
- Convert all missions to Kill points - this way you have no inclination just to hunt Young.
- Balance kill points to ensure there is consistency across all creatures maturities.
- Ensure all creatures have a mission. (I don't understand why some would have them and others wouldn't, other than the effort to do it)
- Points should be shared based on damage dealt.

If your making changes to missions, maybe you would consider giving them some consistency also.
Make the rewards more flexible, so all players can do all missions. Reward structures like drones are the best. This should be the same for all mobs.
The Iron mission terminals are great to pick them up. I would love to see auto updates for all missions, so you can just activate the next level of mission in the field. A few have this...I think they all should.

This would make for seriously happy hunting for me and I'd hope lots of others.

Double the amount of iron missions by adding one more for each that is for teams... so you have a solo mission and a team mission...

maybe even a third for each, with the third being for society only missions that you can only complete with a team of society mates.

Add a new 'skill' for mission completed and have it weighted vs other skills somehow so that as you complete missions it adds towards 'highest skilled' in society terminal rankings to encourage folks to do the shared missions with society mates. Might be funny if lower skilled societies suddenly go up in rankings vs higher skilled societies if they implemented this simply because the lower skilled ones have better teamwork skillz. :)

Last edited:
More team missions (like the direction of Gauntlet) would be nice indeed! :)

More team missions (like the direction of Gauntlet) would be nice indeed! :)

I completely agree. I ran the gauntlet recently on my cousins noob avatar because he never plays and I wanted to see what it was all about. I had an absolute blast I must say. It was very exciting for me even being an old time player. Plus the rewards were kick ass. I think the design was great and I think more team-oriented stuff would certainly help bring the 'community' feeling back, at least a little bit :D

Agree with the OP, I myself noticed this as I took a longer break right after missions started and coming back seeing how everyone grinds solo for mission points :f

Definitely it could work as you suggested, something with getting stackable points in your inventory (1 kill point = 100 stackables, or it can be even 1000 for easier and smoother distribution)..

I would definitely love something like this implemented, I want to see more team hunts and less solo mindless grinds! :)

As long as it's new missions, don't make the old missions teamable as that wouldn't really be fair.

So team mission then to balance it out. Twice the killpoints, half the skillpoints? :ahh:

So team mission then to balance it out. Twice the killpoints, half the skillpoints? :ahh:

Are we talking about creating new missions reward structures where you can only score points in a team or are we talking about completing existing iron missions while in a team?

While in a team you would get a share of the points available to one player, so you deal less dmg per kill and get less points per kill in a team so have to kill more mobs to complete the mission. You wouldn't gain an advantage from being in a team, you just take away the disadvantage of being in a team, as it eliminates the guy that does the most dps getting all the kills/killpoints, as is the current state of play and complete nonsense.

Are we talking about creating new missions reward structures where you can only score points in a team or are we talking about completing existing iron missions while in a team?

While in a team you would get a share of the points available to one player, so you deal less dmg per kill and get less points per kill in a team so have to kill more mobs to complete the mission. You wouldn't gain an advantage from being in a team, you just take away the disadvantage of being in a team, as it eliminates the guy that does the most dps getting all the kills/killpoints, as is the current state of play and complete nonsense.

Because you can then kill mobs that you couldn't kill solo (or without a fapper), it's easier to hunt in a team.

Back