Georg Bear "Fish Tanks and Fire Places"

FlowerGirl

Old Alpha
Society
Free
Who remember's these majestic pieces of art? He did such an awesome job on!

FireFish.gif

Then ofcourse they just disappeared! for 3 years no reply from MA on why our fireplaces and fishtanks were not working.

Well they finally got back to Bear this month, and refunded him for the lost work... and are supposed to refund us as well who had them.

Well most of us.. who had them.. had 300 ped in TT value tied up in each screen!... and ofcourse the money we had lost on the purchase value.

So I am assuming many of you, like myself TT'd them after years of no head way. Here is what MA says to me... that because I TT'd them, and I dont remember the exact date! that I didnt care about the item... and cant compensate me. .... BECAUSE I CANT REMEMBER THE EXACT DATE? BECAUSE I JOURNAL EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENDS IN MY ENTROPIA LIFE? IDIOTS!

screen.png

"Selling these items contradicts any compensation purpose claim"

WHy would i hold onto over 1500+ ped of tt valueless screen when they have shown no signs of fixing them FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I invested heavly in these from Bear, buying multples of each to resell in my shop.... Link to my old shop thread only for them to break and then I get this sh!t from support.

Am I being unreasonable? would you want compensation for something that you spent money on and then lost because the developers messed something up??

Last edited:
If you get into a car accident and sell your damaged wreck because you need money quickly -- Do you still make an insurance claim on it afterwards when you don't have it? Will you tell them to call the other person to confirm that your car really was totaled?

I remember seeing those fish tanks around.

How much did you pay over the TT value for each?

Is there a support case of bear that we can refer too ?

I think there is many others who had videos uploaded to screens and never got any refund or even answer from support.
I myself have lost around 6,000 ped in upload value alone without an answer for years.

Why isn't there a way where players can escalate a support case to a higher level of support? That way players wouldn't feel the need to "escalate" disputes with support onto the forums all of the time.

Hi,
I am on mobile right now but can give you details on Mon./Thu.

The escalation is calley “Phone call“. I updated my case almost every 6 months since the video nerf.
I also allways asked for compensation for my customers.

Hi there,

A short story:
One day MA introduced the possibility to upload Videos onto Personal Displays. Those were (are?) crafted items which worked almost like PC Screens - only you could put a video on it. The videos had to be in the .bink format and required a lot of tinkering to be small and in good quality. You had to pay quite a lot to MA to just upload those videos on their server. There was also an additional EULA which stated which rights you don´t have :laugh: and that its a "Service provided by MA ..."

Not much later MA said "Sorry" (na, not really) and removed the options for the InGame videos. Since that day all PC Displays stopped working and all work and money was lost.

Now my side:
I enjoyed the idea of InGame videos and created (beside other things) a 3D Animation of a RipperSnapper (Entropia Fishy) in a Fishtank. I used Blender and it was a really neat simulation with physics for water and air bubbles ... After a lot of tinkering i had a nice Video on one type of PC Displays and it looked like a nice Fishtank with a RipperSnapper swimming in it.

Some Pics:
0001.jpg

Pflanze1.jpg

Pflanze2.jpg

WelcomeChina.jpg

I sold a good bunch of if for tt+250PED

Tothe (Flowergirl) bought some of them for her shop for resale. One or two months later MA nerfed the videos. Of cause you can´t sell those things anymore....

Some rants back from the days:
InGame Video (formerly Bink) - what now?
MindArk faild - A Rant (only partial about Videos)

My Supportcase:
218444:
2011-12-13 12:27 Du schriebst:
Hi,
with VU 12.4 this information was in the Realease Notes:
"Support for video files (Bink) has been removed. It is no longer possible to display videos on ingame screens. As a replacement, we are investigating support for streaming YouTube videos."

1. I just checked my Paricipant Content= All videos i uploaded are gone...
2. I paid you (MA) for hosting them. Now you deleted them? And i should upload them again to YouTube or what? I paid more that 3k for Video Uploads.
3.I sold some of those "videos"... What is with my buyers?

I hope to be informed soon!
--------------
After updating my case every 3-6 months this case was closed after a phone call on 2014-10-27 11:39 . I got a refund

and has mindark ever offered an alternative to bink videos? or did they ever implement a similar service and offered all people with those video displays to take part in any alternative?

did anyone of the display buyers need to upload the videos for a fee to mindark or have the videos been inside the displays after an intitial upload?

Last edited:
Thanks for the chime in Bear. Really was crap situation for us who pretty much bought a car, only for the wheels to be removed with no option of putting them back on....

All I want is fair compensation for their mistake. And to say I didnt care about the problem because I TT'd the scrap metal is stupid. Its been YEARS!! It is just frustrating that they can just Give you the finger... and you just have to sit by.

I have never onced posted a thread whining about the loot sucks or anything really... but when you get the finger from the company that you have put a lot of money towards... it just doesn't sit right.

Thanks for the chime in Bear. Really was crap situation for us who pretty much bought a car, only for the wheels to be removed with no option of putting them back on....

All I want is fair compensation for their mistake. And to say I didnt care about the problem because I TT'd the scrap metal is stupid. Its been YEARS!! It is just frustrating that they can just Give you the finger... and you just have to sit by.

I have never onced posted a thread whining about the loot sucks or anything really... but when you get the finger from the company that you have put a lot of money towards... it just doesn't sit right.

hmm weird situation indeed but sorry to say i still cant understand what you really want from mindark here?
i think its just a missunderstanding and wrong explaination from support.

bear got the MU from players in the past and now the expenses for video upload from MA back.
so bear got once money from players and now money from MA back.

if you (flower) want the MU back you must ask bear now cause he got once the MU from players and also the payback from MA now.

the item itself got a TT value and mindark will always give you that TT value what in your case has been done by the trade terminal cause you dropped it in there what is a regular trade cause MA never got MU from you.

so regarding the item you and mindark are quit. now its between you and bear to sort the MU of the item trade out cause the items MU is on bear not MA.

if you (flower) uploaded videos to mindark they should give you the peds for the video upload back ofc.
in that case i recommend you to make a support case regarding "video upload compensation".

hmm weird situation indeed but sorry to say i still cant understand what you really want from mindark here?
i think its just a missunderstanding and wrong explaination from support.

bear got the MU from players in the past and now the expenses for video upload from MA back.
so bear got once money from players and now money from MA back.

if you (flower) want the MU back you must ask bear now cause he got once the MU from players and also the payback from MA now.

the item itself got a TT value and mindark will always give you that TT value what in your case has been done by the trade terminal cause you dropped it in there what is a regular trade cause MA never got MU from you.

so regarding the item you and mindark are quit. now its between you and bear to sort the MU of the item trade out cause the items MU is on bear not MA.

if you (flower) uploaded videos to mindark they should give you the peds for the video upload back ofc.
in that case i recommend you to make a support case regarding "video upload compensation".

Yup have to agree with this.
For OP you never gave MA the money, so they cant refund you, you gave your money to uploader who sold them to you, and he got refunded. Maybe ask him indeed?

About John B Knight situation where he was the uploader himself... John did you write support case? Do you have these screen still available or decided to sell em?

For OP you never gave MA the money, so they cant refund you, you gave your money to uploader who sold them to you, and he got refunded. Maybe ask him indeed?

About John B Knight situation where he was the uploader himself... John did you write support case? Do you have these screen still available or decided to sell em?

I have a support case with them just as long as bear, also updated it halfannually, so far no recent reply since jan 2012 (back then they excused for the delayed response and said they would look into it) . I havent placed a phone call yet though.

I have a support case with them just as long as bear, also updated it halfannually, so far no recent reply since jan 2012 (back then they excused for the delayed response and said they would look into it) . I havent placed a phone call yet though.

Maybe Update the case with information that you heard someone got refunded, maybe you will also?

Partly true -
Me and others paid MA for the service of hosting the videos. Selling the created content was always part of the initial idea by MA.
The day MA killed the Personal Content Videos they did not only destroyed all created works - they also killed all MU on PC-Displays and MU for the Content.

There are two options now:
1. I refund my customers the MU they paid for the content.
2. MA refunds my customers with the MU they paid.

What if 1. would be the case to go? Do i ask the crafters of my PC-Displays to refund the MU i paid to them? Do the crafters ask the miners and hunters to refund the MU they paid for the recourses they bought? Do the miners and hunters who went out to get the specific resources for the Displays ask for refund by MA?

or

Should we go with case 2. and get to those responsible for this situation and ask for refund? I think yes.

The nerf of the video displays is totally on MAs side. They were working without bigger problems and for whatever reason they simply removed the function - they never said PC-Displays with Videos will be back, they said they consider alternatives - thats it. This is a RCE and even MA should be bound to it. They created this situation, now they have to solve it.

Imagine they would remove BLP packs and Cells form TT - trash all old school guns? Ask you last seller for refund of MU? :eyecrazy: (If MA would ever do this, they would be out of business)

Partly true -
Me and others paid MA for the service of hosting the videos. Selling the created content was always part of the initial idea by MA.
The day MA killed the Personal Content Videos they did not only destroyed all created works - they also killed all MU on PC-Displays and MU for the Content.

There are two options now:
1. I refund my customers the MU they paid for the content.
2. MA refunds my customers with the MU they paid.

What if 1. would be the case to go? Do i ask the crafters of my PC-Displays to refund the MU i paid to them? Do the crafters ask the miners and hunters to refund the MU they paid for the recourses they bought? Do the miners and hunters who went out to get the specific resources for the Displays ask for refund by MA?

or

Should we go with case 2. and get to those responsible for this situation and ask for refund? I think yes.

The nerf of the video displays is totally on MAs side. They were working without bigger problems and for whatever reason they simply removed the function - they never said PC-Displays with Videos will be back, they said they consider alternatives - thats it. This is a RCE and even MA should be bound to it. They created this situation, now they have to solve it.

Imagine they would remove BLP packs and Cells form TT - trash all old school guns? Ask you last seller for refund of MU? :eyecrazy: (If MA would ever do this, they would be out of business)

:wise: Well said, I was thinking the same but do not think I would have put it together quite as well.

Dropping Bink animation without having a ready replacement was a real shit move. That was actually a viable sector of the Entropia economy.

I hope that holders of these now broken pieces of art are rightfully compensated.

Every time I go to my apartment I see this nice place I had set up for Bear's fish tank and all I have is a blank screen. I really think this had a major effect on the amount I deposited over the years. I lost quite a bit of trust. In the last few years I have probably deposited the equivalent of what I deposited in a month back then.

I may even have a couple displays of these still, too bad I cant turn em on to check. (

Have a load of the old school screens and signs, and tons of the bps for em all (in case they ever add videos)....too bad many are useless without video.

Seems they still ignore my case even though i refered to your case Bear and made a new one referring to my old case which also gets ignored.
Which number did you call Bear - the one on mindark.se website under contact ?

Wow this is pretty bad... and it smacks of support not even understanding what is being asked or properly checking things out before replying or knowing the game they are supporting.

I sometimes wonder if some sort of protest could be made about MA's apparent disinterest in undermining the value of their own assets by changing/breaking something.

They HAVE a new community manager. How about they USE him by getting him to host a poll event in game and mail everyone about it via the usual mail out system.

The poll would list everything that is missing from the game since CryTopia. Players could vote on which features they want reintroduced the most. MA could use this to prioritise.

If needed the Community manager could ask players to suggest things to be included in the poll. Heck, he could even ask players to collate the list for him and even host the event! All he'd have to do is take the results to JWT's door and see he does something about them! (haha "all")

A bit of work sure but hey, that single act would send them down in history as the best commity manager ever!

Wistrel

Oh, they don't like protests. You get the gulag for that. Trust me on this.

Back