prioritize items over other loot

Sunnybear

Old
Society
Tax Collectors
Sunny Ayenta Bear
I have heard this a few times ingame from friends and socmates and it has also occured to me a few times. By adding it to the suggestion/wishlist I hope it might be picked up by MA and might actually be fixed.

A few weeks ago I globalled 130 or so ped on an atrox. It included a (L) weapon with a max tt of 108 ped. Mine however had a total tt value of 107.99
Yesterday I globalled on Aurli for 317 ped, a DOA slugstorm (L) with a max tt of ~285 ped was looted. However I received 60 ped of shrapnel and 254.04 ped worth of DOA slugstorm.

The point is, why would the total value of a global not be put towards the tt value of a (L) item before anything else? Looting an unl item that is broken is no problem since it can easily be repaired. Looting a (L) item with less than full tt costs us mark up.

PLEASE MA fix this and let the (L) items be full tt (if the value of the global allows it to be)

Can't agree more !

I've had it on trooper the other day. a Regen chip with 40% of max tt and 20 ped shrapnel. I'd rather have a full chip I can actually sell because the markup is too little to throw it on auction at current tt.

I sent a support case about this... Id copy and paste it but with the servers being down, I cant access the support section of the EU website.

I agree though, it should be filling the TT of the (L) weapons before giving us the rest in shrapnel.

It has been the biggest pain in the rear for me post the change in loot. It sucks when u loot a 110 ped max tt item in a 160 ped global with 40 ped tt on the item and rest in ammo and shrapnel. I just do not see the sense in it.

So yes, I am with OP 100% on this.

The servers are up.... here is that support case

014-10-18 18:45 You wrote:

Ive seen on the forum others complaining about this...

I just got a 305 ped global on Vanguard, most of which was Shrapnel and then a 90.83 PED Emik Enigma L5 (L)

Prior to that I got a 114 ped global which contained a 74.41 PED Sentinal Shins.

The TT of the loot should be filling the (L) guns first before stackables appear.

2014-10-18 20:02 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi HardWrath,

Thank you for contacting us.

We've made changes to the loot pool, all of these changes are subject to change until the patch for this release.

This is for balancing reasons so until then we ask for your patience while we make adjustments.

Please rest assured you suggestions will be forwarded.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Kriss | Entropia Universe Support

I am sure thats not future and just some bugs like the other billions bugs in calypso atm.
Calypso devs must stop give event after event after then event again and sit in they ass and fix the damn game !!

Some other bug is the stupid atroxes that dissapered when they come to you . And its so fuckupt you cant even shoot em like the lets say the ambus . I try talk whit suport and send a video but they dont give a shit so :yup:

Thought it was going to be another Give us more items thread, but was positively surprised, yup this could work (except for ESIs).
Nice idea, but will take some effort otherwise ESI market will crash fast.

Last edited:
i think MA did make some change to loot system some years ago , that was supose to solve this...i guess at some point that loot mod was rolled back...

i guess everyone agree that if you get an L item it should be full TT or at least fill up to TT of the loot before giving oil or shrapnel...

One of reasons as MA explained to inplement no looters was this - to enable to loot full TT (L) items.
But thing didnt work as supposed an there was a lot of complains about nooloters so MA lowered ammount of nolooters but nont removed them.
I agree they shud rewiev this balance more often, specialy after inplementing shrapnel.

* other part of problem is this: i hunt mobs to get mats and not L guns wich i cant sell, so many times i wish to loot good amount of skin instead of some (L) TT crap.

Last edited:
You should be happy that not every L item is full TT.
Ever thought about undercutting on auction & the effect of only full TT L gear?
This doesn't mean I agree with making us loot L items with 40% TT or less

Imo something that can only benefit everyone.

Looting a 20 ped item (full TT 80 ped) and looting the rest 60 ped as shrapnel/ammo is just plain stupid.

I can half agree with not receiving full TT items, with small TT items they should be full (anything below 50ped or so) and larger ones should not have a lower TT value than 60-70% of max. Getting an item with 30-40% of max TT is plain stupid.

Mixed feelings.

Sometimes people want a low TT item for a small hunt and not spend a lot of ped for an item they won't completely use. I think 40% or better is ok.

The whole shrapnell/ammo amount in loot is fucked up if you ask me...

Thought it was going to be another Give us more items thread, but was positively surprised, yup this could work (except for ESIs).
Nice idea, but will take some effort otherwise ESI market will crash fast.

I'd love to have esis for 2xx%. But everything else I totally 100% agree with. Nice Idea @ OP.

Regards
Thark

Personally, I think they ought to make it so that L items that are looted can be repaired ONE AND ONLY ONE TIME. That way the looter can up the tt value if they choose to do so... This should be for both crafted and looted stuff in case crafter forgot to put in residue, etc. Of course a new stat would have to added to make it happen... and in auction any full TT L items should show up at top with that new stat in its own column.

I'd love to have esis for 2xx%. But everything else I totally 100% agree with. Nice Idea @ OP.

Regards
Thark

ESI's is one of the very few things that hunters strive to loot because it helps them regain losses due to its high markup. 200% esi's wouldn't do hunters much good :p besides cheaper skills maybe

My only guess could be Shared Loot balancing to help even out loot distribution among all hunters better.

I know I have been screwed and yes I feel screwed in shared loot mobs and I want more even distribution in loots or items. Sucks to pump tons of PED into a big mob and someone else gets all the full tt items and I get few PED worth of junk. I stopped most all Shared Loot hunts unless our soc controls the mob exclusively because of this fact.

So maybe MA is working on trying to balance the loot out so if an item does drop it has lower tt value and more other loot that can be shared among other hunters. And I am guessing Shared Loot distribution generator is the same loot generator as regular loot with specific items added for special events on those mobs. And this would explain why your seeing this as you are.

ESI's is one of the very few things that hunters strive to loot because it helps them regain losses due to its high markup. 200% esi's wouldn't do hunters much good :p besides cheaper skills maybe

MA shud give something else with good MU in loot and put ESI in TT.

We are at absurd point where packaging (ESI) is more expensive than the goods contained in (skills).

I quite liked having a range of TT's when feff's were dropping h400's like candy and MU was 180. But this was due to me using the low TT ones and selling any with full.

So there is a use for the lower TT ones.

Also, it's possible with (L) items there is not only an "item quota" but a "tt quota" also. E.g:

Item A = max tt 100ped.

Total allowed in PE: 40
Total TT allowed: 3000

Therefore if there are 25 @ 100ped tt left in, then the average of the TT for those remaining would be 500/15 = 33ped.

Obviously this is an extreme example to show effect and I don't actually believe this exact system would be in place, but if MA wanted to limit some weapon TT value drops this would be an effective way.

Either way, I'm more for full TT item drops as that's what most people want.

Back