Auto convert shrapnel to ammo option.

Status

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I don't know about anyone else but I don't think I have ever TTed any shrapnel. I always convert it to ammo. I usually hunt for one loot pill or about an hour or so before going in to repair, etc. What regular ammo I have left I TT, along with every thing else so I can see how I did for the run. Hence my suggestion is to have an "Auto Convert Shrapnel" in the options menu. If, for whatever reason you have decided to TT the shrapnel on a run or when ever, you could just deselect the option. For me its not a big deal to open the items menu and convert the shrapnel manually but I would sure like to have the option to do it automatically. Hope this would not be a programming nightmare but it could be.

Anyway I would like to hear your input.

no thanks - I like to see how much I have looted, and then convert

no thanks, MA has problems enough. and indeed the above.
and no problem to convert some in middle of a run.

optional - yes. Non optional - no ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Sure but only if they add an Auto-Converter shrapnel pill on the TT for you lazy folks who can't be bothered to right click and then convert.

Always convert, why wouldn't you?

should be a reverse convert for dumbarses like me that didnt know u could tt the shit and would up with 1200ped of ammo from a 1350ped hof :/ i did wanna buy things, not just put the coins straight back into the slots....

Reactions: jod
I guess most of you did not read my OP where I said " For me its not a big deal to open the items menu and convert the shrapnel manually but I would sure like to have the option to do it automatically." To me it would just be convenient and has nothing to do with being lazy, kind of like the loot pill.

I would rather have an option not a pill, that way you could turn it off in the middle of a run if you wanted to.

I guess most of you did not read my OP where I said " For me its not a big deal to open the items menu and convert the shrapnel manually but I would sure like to have the option to do it automatically." To me it would just be convenient and has nothing to do with being lazy, kind of like the loot pill.

I would rather have an option not a pill, that way you could turn it off in the middle of a run if you wanted to.

still no thanks, else we could go back to normal ammo in loot.
leave it as it is atm.

No, because things like this would happen too often when people got a decent loot:

would up with 1200ped of ammo from a 1350ped hof :/ i did wanna buy things, not just put the coins straight back into the slots....

I don't see why anybody would want to lose control over having the choice to TT or convert at 101% the exact amount they want.

The only situation I'd want that is hunting in space. So, as an option, yes. A non-option, never.

I am sorry to say this but does anyone here understand the concept of "Option". That means if you want to auto-convert then select the option else leave it un-selected. What difference does it ,make if the "Option" is available, I just don't understand.

Always convert, why wouldn't you?

Because I heal with regen chips and don't want that coming out of my ammo for my gun. Also, UA can't be TTed and it would suck to need 100 ped and have 1000 ped worth of UA?

I am sorry to say this but does anyone here understand the concept of "Option". That means if you want to auto-convert then select the option else leave it un-selected. What difference does it ,make if the "Option" is available, I just don't understand.

we all understand the word option. there is no need for the option.

Imagine you get an ATH (mostly shrapnel, of course) with this option turned on.

This is my biggest issue with the idea.
You are selecting the 'option' for something in the future for which you do not know all the variables.

With the mess of a loot system that is shrapnel right now it is not uncommon at all to get hofs of shrapnel and I have gotten nearly 1k ped stacks more than once from shared loot HOFs.

I am not sure if any ATHs have dropped since the introduction of Shrapnel but it seems that with the current system it wouldn't be unlikely that a 100k ped hof would have a very large % of it as shrapnel.

Anyone will be happy in this scinario, but it does cause problems in a few ways if you had the hypethotical 'option' selected.

1. Team hunting and for some reason the team gets whiped out and you get 90% of the ath in UNTRADABLE ammo because you have it selected.
- In this instance you have maybe 90k ped worth of ammo that you need to burn off in active hunting before you can give the fair shares out to your team mates. 90k * the mythical 90% means that you will have lost 9k ped of their loot before you can even give it to them. That was your share of the loot and now you are committed to 90+hrs of hard grinding as well as not having any for yourself once it is done. Just because you opted for the 'option' to have it automatically converted.

2. You are hunting and going through a bad period and have not repaired any of your gear for a while when finally it hits, that 10k ped hof you have been needing.
Dang, not only can you not repair your gear, but you can not buy that Regen Chip from auction that you have been drooling over either. Just because you opted for the 'option' to have it automatically converted to a non tradable resource.

I am sure there are other reasons as well, but these two are enough in my mind to prefer the requirement to do it manually.

ps. I do like more options in everything, but I don't think this would be a healthy one.

Serious? You want to MA to introduce new bugs to the game based solely on being too lazy to right-click your shrapnel pile?

Yeah, I hope the day they do implement it (which they wont), you get a 500k ATH of shrapnel, and for the next 5 decades you are trying to cycle that universal ammo back to sellable loot, but you can't because the button got stuck, and you keep looting 99% shrapnel, and it keeps auto-converting and auto-converting until you are 92 years old and you die never being able to cash out your ATH all because you were too lazy to do it manually :D

Yeah, I hope the day they do implement it (which they wont), you get a 500k ATH of shrapnel, and for the next 5 decades you are trying to cycle that universal ammo back to sellable loot, but you can't because the button got stuck, and you keep looting 99% shrapnel, and it keeps auto-converting and auto-converting until you are 92 years old and you die never being able to cash out your ATH all because you were too lazy to do it manually :D

lets make a happy ending, two hours before he dies the withrawal lands on his bankaccount.

HE DID IT, finally he can die and rest in peace

Imagine you get an ATH (mostly shrapnel, of course) with this option turned on.

I love it when someone slap some common sense in a thread.

We do understand "OPTIONS" but we don't understand MA wasting there resources on something such trivial and non consequential.

That ATH comment took the cake.. Spot on..:)

As with a lot of other things in EU , if MA gives us rope enough most hang themselves and then blame MA for giving them the rope.

So again, NO.

I'm completely against this because the process is so quick and simple that wasting MA's time on this is pointless.

Also, the 2 biggest points that argue against this IMO are the ATH example and the fact that auto converting shrapnel to ammo is pretty much the same thing as us looting ammo like we did before, and I think we all know how most felt about that topic..

I just think this is a waste of MA dev resources, given how easy it is to convert on demand. Personally I wouldn't use it anyway as I always stack split before conversion so that the stack to be converted is a multiple of 100 so I ensure I actually get those 101 ammo for 100 shrapnel.

Do a quick thought experiment of what happens when you convert a stack of ammo such as 130. Will you get 131 ammo or 132?
What of the stack is 199? With auto conversion you are going be at the mercy of MA rounding.

I just think this is a waste of MA dev resources, given how easy it is to convert on demand. Personally I wouldn't use it anyway as I always stack split before conversion so that the stack to be converted is a multiple of 100 so I ensure I actually get those 101 ammo for 100 shrapnel.

Do a quick thought experiment of what happens when you convert a stack of ammo such as 130. Will you get 131 ammo or 132?
What of the stack is 199? With auto conversion you are going be at the mercy of MA rounding.

Besides what Narfi and Svarog have already stated, Ki's above post is very important in making sure you get the most out of your shrap (that is if you manually convert it and not TT it or save it for your future trade-able stacks). So, I usually save my 'left-overs' and begin a new stack till i get a stack of 100 shrap and go from there. My rule of thumb is if you gonna convert shrap, make sure your last two digits ends in double zeros, and put aside the 'left-overs' to the side after your split (left-overs goes towards building up your stack to 100 for example).

Thus, I am not in favor of the option of a auto-convert option at all because this game involves patience and one of Math (common sense).

-Vi

another idea... allow conversion of blp, explosives, or weapon cells in to universal at 1:1 ratio so there are fewer trips to tt when you loot ammo your gun won't take. :)

We do understand "OPTIONS" but we don't understand MA wasting there resources on something such trivial and non consequential.

That ATH comment took the cake.. Spot on..:)

As with a lot of other things in EU , if MA gives us rope enough most hang themselves and then blame MA for giving them the rope.

So again, NO.
This happens too much to be frank. We love to hang ourselves with the rope they give us. Then it's a fuck fest on the forums with every tom, dick or Harry screaming "I don't remember asking for this!!" Only to find the wish thread with the exact thing being wished for with raving hoorahs!!

In the end, everyone wants to help, which is fantastic, but in this game, it only takes one thing to fucking screw the pooch raw and hard!

On topic, I'll have to say no as well. Sorry, but this is one of those "sounds good on paper, but turns out bad in implementation" There's too many people not paying enough attention in this game already, and with this, shit would hit the fan with out a doubt!

Status
Back