Auto convert shrapnel to ammo option.

Status
Imagine you get an ATH (mostly shrapnel, of course) with this option turned on.

pps...
after above comment and Taco's epic story this thread have no meaning to remain active

We do understand "OPTIONS" but we don't understand MA wasting there resources on something such trivial and non consequential.

That ATH comment took the cake.. Spot on..:)

As with a lot of other things in EU , if MA gives us rope enough most hang themselves and then blame MA for giving them the rope.

So again, NO.

Deth please, changing the looks of a mob, changing hit patterns, leaving the body of the mob to linger, the list could go on forever with these types of trivial and non consequential things:).

BTW I hope I get the ATH also and I would take it in shrapnel, I do want to leave out the dying part:).

I just think this is a waste of MA dev resources, given how easy it is to convert on demand. Personally I wouldn't use it anyway as I always stack split before conversion so that the stack to be converted is a multiple of 100 so I ensure I actually get those 101 ammo for 100 shrapnel.

Do a quick thought experiment of what happens when you convert a stack of ammo such as 130. Will you get 131 ammo or 132?
What of the stack is 199? With auto conversion you are going be at the mercy of MA rounding.

Besides what Narfi and Svarog have already stated, Ki's above post is very important in making sure you get the most out of your shrap (that is if you manually convert it and not TT it or save it for your future trade-able stacks). So, I usually save my 'left-overs' and begin a new stack till i get a stack of 100 shrap and go from there. My rule of thumb is if you gonna convert shrap, make sure your last two digits ends in double zeros, and put aside the 'left-overs' to the side after your split (left-overs goes towards building up your stack to 100 for example).

Thus, I am not in favor of the option of a auto-convert option at all because this game involves patience and one of Math (common sense).

-Vi
Interesting comments. I too was wary of what you are talking about. But to MA's credit I do not think they round, I think they leave everything. I did watch my ammo count very close to make sure MA was converting correctly. When I got a small shrapnel amount like 656 and my ammo is less than 5 I convert and see if my ammo count goes up. My gun takes 900 ammo and guess what sometimes it does and some time not but if I get another small count like 100 and I convert it, it will go up one in ammo most of the time because of the leftovers. The easy way that I just though of was to test my gun by having no converted ammo, which would be hard because of the left-overs, start with converting 500, then in my case 399 (I use 900 ammo remember) , then convert 1 and see if you get one shot. I will try it but I am sure you will.

I guess, judging by all the outrage, that my idea was not a good one:scratch2:. So peace to all and to all a good night to the idea:).

To The MOD I guess this can be closed because I would not want more bashing 2 weeks from now when a noob reads this post and fells he must put his two cents in:).

To The MOD I guess this can be closed because I would not want more bashing 2 weeks from now when a noob reads this post and fells he must put his two cents in:).

OMGAWWWWWD I can't believe you wanted this...now all my shrapnel auto-converted and I gots no pedz! Support case filed! Sry bout the necro! DEEEES NUTS!

I approve but only because taco disapproves. I want to see some raging and cursing in here.

OMGAWWWWWD I can't believe you wanted this...now all my shrapnel auto-converted and I gots no pedz! Support case filed! Sry bout the necro! DEEEES NUTS!

what a noob :lolup:

I guess, judging by all the outrage, that my idea was not a good one:scratch2:. So peace to all and to all a good night to the idea:).

The idea to give more options is not a bad one. The problem is that most people here don't pay enough attention to what they are doing, and thus would be more trouble then it's worth.

Ideas in this game are always welcome, just many won't be accepted easily because of the RCE factor. Don't give up on posting them, just grow a tough skin and look at the other side of every idea and see where there may need to be improvements or just scrap the idea altogether. :)

Your next idea could be a blockbuster! :yup:

Plus us rep for trying. ;)

done
:locked:

Status
Back