Gift System

Dralind

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Dralind Dra Humberton
After some time away from EU, I am back and enjoying my time here again. :)

It is good to see that the Entropia Universe and its community are still as strong, kind and helpful as ever which is why I would like to propose an old idea to be reconsidered for development and see how the community feels towards it.

Back in December of 2009 the community was asked to give their ideas for " The Mindforce powers of the future " and one well received idea never came to be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gift Chip - Allows items to be sent as gifts to other players within EU. Insert an avatar's full name , short message and desired items into the corresponding fields.

This could work just like the current gift system . A player would receive a little loot window with their prize and a text description. Example: " You have been awarded your prize for the Calypso Challenge event ".

Different chip levels can determine the max tt value of items sent.

I feel this would be a great help to those that run forum events and have trouble meeting with participants due to different time zones and real life schedules .

Of course any type of mail or drop box gift system would work, it does not just have to be mindforce based but the advantages of a mindforce based system are item decay and a boost to the sweat market. To keep it simple and promote travel and those travel expenses between planets,only allow the sender to send items to other participants on the same planet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drop Box / Mail System

If you prefer a dropbox / mail system it could be something as simple as a terminal where the sender inserts items, another participants name and some PED for a fee.

A gift system benefits the whole community, this is the one thing that I've wanted for a very long time and I believe that many others would appreciate such a system. What do you think?

This would be great for the events I'm trying to organize.

When chasing someone on foot in pvp, I would love to be able to send them gift of 5k dung instantly....

When chasing someone on foot in pvp, I would love to be able to send them gift of 5k dung instantly....

:laugh: So anything sent would appear in your message center first and have to be accepted by the recipient.

This made me lol.

*Feverishly running to escape with loot intact*

System: You have mail

Player: What? Oh this is random. Stupid MA lagging servers. Wonder what this jerk sent me. I'll just open this and have a laugh after I get the hell out of here. I'll thank him for his mail, too... That should really underscore how much better I am than him....

*Opens Mail*

System: 5000 dung has been transferred to your inventory.

System: You are carrying 718/400 lbs.

Player: Aaah!!!!! :(:(:(:(

Back