Starter Packs

Its very good bang for the bucks :)

//Linz

i would say you would get almost 60$ worth of stuff for 40$
and unique gear 8% metabolic
Great buy for any level

This is the most eco way to get going in EU. $40 starter pack should keep a new player going for a couple of months, plus you get a UL gun UL amp and UL scope. I am level 46 and have been playing a few years. I bought the gold pack instead of a normal depo because as previously mentioned you are getting a lot of usable items for $12, i regularly use the gun and the amp is nearly worth the cost alone.

The starter packs are worth it, barbarella is cool gun, downside is account bound but worth it imo.

I'm very glad I purchased the starter pack.

The IO-Pulse healing device is economical (~10 heals per pec). I actually still use it on level 20 mobs, because similarly efficient heal kits that heal stronger around around 2000 ped ($200).

The armor is efficient, it doesn't protect a LOT, but for low level mobs, it's going to protect you without cost a ton in repairs. It also increases your speed by 8% which is a unique armor set bonus.

The gun, especially with the amp attached, is very efficient. With amp, it does 2.938 damage per pec spent. This is fantastic economy for such low level hunting.

My plan

This is the most eco way to get going in EU. $40 starter pack should keep a new player going for a couple of months, plus you get a UL gun UL amp and UL scope. I am level 46 and have been playing a few years. I bought the gold pack instead of a normal depo because as previously mentioned you are getting a lot of usable items for $12, i regularly use the gun and the amp is nearly worth the cost alone.
What I intend to do is buy the Starter Pack on my current CC period and when the new CC period begins i will deposit $100 dollars for $1000 PED.

Last edited:
What I intend to do is buy the Starter Pack on my current CC period and when the new CC period begins i will deposit $100 dollars for $1000 PED.

Buy the starter pack and play at least a few months before making such a big deposit. Or spread it out. Deposit $ 10 every month or something. It is very easy to spend 1000 PED in an afternoon if you don't know what you're doing.

The armor is efficient, it doesn't protect a LOT, but for low level mobs, it's going to protect you without cost a ton in repairs. It also increases your speed by 8% which is a unique armor set bonus.

Does that buff work now?

Stick with puny mobs for a long time. This will allow you to skill up evade which will be important in reducing armor repair and healing costs once you do step up.

Step up to higher mobs should be a slow process. Remember that higher mobs can equal higher losses.

You can kill a LOT of puny mobs for 1000 PED.

The only thing I can suggest is if you plan on depositing $100 is to deposit $50 more and just buy 1 cld. You won't be tempted to spend PED that way and every week you will get 3-4 ped to help you along the way. CLD are very liquid so as time goes by, you can always sell it and get PED back. Otherwise, you won't need to invest that kind of money up front and it is probably better that you don't because the temptations will be too high to burn it on stuff you don't need to do, and then you will be making a 'omg this game is such a rip off' thread shortly after because you spent your PED wrecklessly ;)

I think the starter packs are great even for long term players. For the $40 you get 285 right back in peds and ammo. The some oil too, So its just really around 100 ped for the rest of the stuff

I use the skill pills a lot, 30 of them, I could think of some worse ways to spend 100 ped! When piloting now it feels daft to do it without a skill pill!

Throw in the armour, vehicles, gun, fap, HDNA and the other various bits and bobs into the bargain, and it sure seems like a good deal. The only down side is that stuff takes up space :laugh: so just need to chuck it in NI storage :silly2:

My past few "depo's" have been starter packs. Doing via paypal also means I skip the foreign transaction fee from my bank too :)

Last edited:
I've much less experience than the posters above, but I would offer a contrarian view. It's based on my own consideration and discussions with my open minded disciples. My view applies if you want to get utility for your PED. If you want to own things nice to have, but non-essential at the start of your journey in EU or you want to play above your lvl then just ignor the following...

So for $40/400 ped you would get

Armor Set with 'speed' boost > as my good soc leader used to say, early on your investment should go to 1.weapon, 2.fap....and only distant 3.armor. First two give skills, armor doesn't, so stay away as much as possible from armor early lvl

Skill Pills > I doubt new player would appreciate their value and would probably waste on low MU hunting skills

H-DNA > seems like most of the value is for pvpers, hardly an area to start

Oil > can get in the market at very low MU

Car > starter car will last for long, long time if used properly, no need for another one

FAP (heal tool) > do gauntlet 1 and get very close S10 for free

Barbarella > very nice rifle, but can get LR s1x1 for +10, and it's NOT soulbound

Scope > I'm still to learn their benefits, esp for new players..

Amp > the only useful equipment, that fits tt laser weapons and UL SI HK110 or Scorpi. The only reason I would recommend a pack! But if you plan to outgrow 4 dmg weapons fast you would need to buy A101 to fit your barbarella, and then you are better of with LR or Chon as they are not soulbound

So what I suggested to my disciples is to depo 400 ped, get LR or chon, get A101 and have +/-250 PED to play with. It's 50 ped more than pack and if you EVER decide to sell LR or A101 you may still get your money back (provided MU holds), unlike starter pack equipment which has ZERO tt value....And you can always get the pack later on when you know the benefit of it (Skill Pills!!)

A lot of ppl who recommend the pack are looking from their advanced skill point view....

Just my 2 cents...

I've much less experience than the posters above, but I would offer a contrarian view. It's based on my own consideration and discussions with my open minded disciples. My view applies if you want to get utility for your PED. If you want to own things nice to have, but non-essential at the start of your journey in EU or you want to play above your lvl then just ignor the following...

A lot of ppl who recommend the pack are looking from their advanced skill point view....

Just my 2 cents...

What you mentioned here is very sound and has reasoning within itself as well. However, I think many encourage just to get the starter pack as it is easier to just buy it and everything you get is valuable to a new player, but yes if I had to do it today I would go the route you recommended (I've been around over 10 years now). Another important thing you have to remember is when you tell your disciple to deposit that $40, they get taxed on it whereas web-store items do not get taxed. Both options are good.. personally I'm with you on this one but I'm not against the gold starter pack either.

My reasons

The reason why I plan to deposit $100 dollars for 1000 PED is so I can buy a Quadwing Interceptor plus a repair tool, welding wire, mounted lasers, oil and a Space Thruster.

The only thing I can suggest is if you plan on depositing $100 is to deposit $50 more and just buy 1 cld. You won't be tempted to spend PED that way and every week you will get 3-4 ped to help you along the way. CLD are very liquid so as time goes by, you can always sell it and get PED back. Otherwise, you won't need to invest that kind of money up front and it is probably better that you don't because the temptations will be too high to burn it on stuff you don't need to do, and then you will be making a 'omg this game is such a rip off' thread shortly after because you spent your PED wrecklessly ;)

Wrong dude.

Spend 100 bucks on an account called ' I will do it properly'.

All else is retarded.

It makes us all look like idiots, 'free to play" but then again kinda not, because it took 10 years, a decade to work out the world was way ahead of us. Really.

Last edited:
Back