Question: Should I use Arson III Ten chip?

Tycoon

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
GenX000 Caveman Tycoon
It's in the range of what I could consider affordable (that is, if it's contribution to DPS is worth it)

my favorite mobs are those with the most HP!
(Prot, Levi, Feffox, Vangaurd, Mulmun, etc.)

I never used any Mindforce other than TP chip... not very familiar with how this Arson chip works in terms of cooldown/reload and how it would affect my DPS switching between the chip and my main weapon (which is 112 DPS)

any enlightenment to pros/cons would be appreciated! :thumbup:

Buy an L one and test it?

I looted a level III [L] one of a zombie last night, it does help dps, but you loose some dps also while you wait for the switch to normal weapon.

I looted a level III [L] one of a zombie last night, it does help dps, but you loose some dps also while you wait for the switch to normal weapon.

well the thing is, I'm lvl 7 Pyro hit since I never used any Mindforce, so can't use one... the skills to max the chip are easy enough to afford though, so I made this thread to get the facts!

and if I were gonna buy one, I'd probably look for something tiered up already, so a (L) Tier 0 test isn't going to give me a good idea of what it's like using one if I were to buy one... (shoulda clarified that in first post) Probably would look for one tier 4 or 5 range
(they seem to be for sale often enough to find a tiered one)

All I can say is OMG yes get one...I was like L23 pyro damage 7 months ago when I got it...now over L55.

Just make sure you have it maxxed...it hardly ever breaks enhancers, learn to time it right so you never let a mob die before its finished, and its eco...

It is the greatest accessory in game period to complement any weapon other than the lifesteal cloak.

I am doing 112 dps right now too with a mod merc that I borrowed, and it still increases my dps.

mathematically I think it only starts to reduce dps around 140 dps on the main

Edit: I forgot to say mine was T5 dam enhanced...that makes a big difference

Last edited:
(...)

Great advice ;).

Also with 112dps you will see very little difference (unless you put some dmg enhancers on the arso chip - then its noticable ofc).

Usually in normal condition it takes around ~1.2-1.3sec to switch to normal gun (so in theory up to ~150 effective dps it still adds dps to your setup) and after 10sec you can shoot again with arso... but...

When server lags or you have connection problems - switching weapons takes longer (sometimes even 2-3 sec if heavy lags). So if you have i.e. simialr problems when switching to fap (or other weapon) - the problem will be same here and switching to arso chip might actually reduce dps in those bad cases.

There is another thing you need to watch over carefully - its way easier to have "wasted" overkill with it. You will very quickly notice how many shoots with arso per mob is optimal but sometimes 2 crits with main gun when mob is on low hp will usually cause arso still burning on dead mob.

Overall:
i think it is great chip and every serious hunter should have one. But if you are lazy (good example: you dont use finishers when they should be used) - you will not like the chip.

Falagor
:bandit:

I was one of the first to embrace arson chips when they were called something else (If forgot name now). Those chips dropped from the beacon missions. I must have used them for well over a year before the unlimited ones dropped on CP, and everyone seemed to go nuts about this "new" amazing item.

By that time I had got a bit bored with them, I wanted more power and the III just seemed a bit shit on a personal level, especially if anyone had tried the biggers one!!!! (limited) I got more of a kick out of the top end strike chips instead.

What didn't occur to me at the time was enhancers, which I was never a fan of anyway for MF. I kind of new it would mean nerfs to MF profession.

Anyway I still kinda feel that Arson III is a bit crap, even if it does "extra" DPS, it's not quite the beast I wanted...lol. Now; arson V or bigger now you're talking.

I always felt MA might bring in bigger arson unlimited, and maybe they will. So there's always that risk when investing in an expensive chip.

Anyway players love those III's, I personally feel they should've had much higher skill level to use, but MA sold out the mindforcers on that one. Hey-ho.

Look the key thing is they do extra dps. It's like using two weapons at once. If you'e happy to pay to run two weapons at once, then go for it.

Rick

what is the level required to use these chips? And how they compared to L SIB traditional Guns when compared on Eco Basis?

what is the level required to use these chips? And how they compared to L SIB traditional Guns when compared on Eco Basis?

Eco: 2.957
Maxed lev ~24.5

Falagor
:bandit:

my wife looted 1 when they came out,i tried..hated it so sold it
some time ago i thought id give it another try,but i still hate using 1 in practice

I was dubious to start with, then I bought one and it changed everything!
Reasons to own and use one;
1. Added dps.
- Tag your mob into range
- unleash the Arson burn!
- swap to your main weapon
- the rest is history!

I find it helps nail the mob trying to regen for a start. That allows your main weapon to smash down the HP quickly.
It takes a second to swap over to main weapon
The increased dps is a big bonus, you may be firing 80s, 90s, 70s alternatively every 2s or so, but to mix in the 20s and 30s on top changes the playing field.

Mine is only Tier 2 and its great, I cant wait for the next tiers!

Was lazy first to use one but since i got one tier 4 I can't hunt without one, extra dps is just crazy

Here's a tool to explore the effects of using it as an accessory weapon. The analysis presented earlier is pretty good.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?245055-Pimp-my-pewpew

so, with the setup on that chart, you lose about 5 DPS to switch weapons, but gain 20 from Arson chip at tier 2
so, with my weapon at double that DPS, even if I lose 10 DPS and gain 20, that's still a +!
(not sure if that's exactly how it works, but seems like it kinda makes sense) :silly2:

so, if I get a chip around tier 4 or 5 or higher, seems like it is definitely worth it to use it!

Thinking this will be my next gear purchase! :wtg:

Yes Yes Yes.........

Bought a T5 yesterday, meaning an extra 25 dps roughly. While my dps is far from yours, I could still share my experience once I tried it out tonight.

Back