Hoverpod Mk3 (C,L) TT Cost for full SI 920 decay.

Cpt Super Flash

Guardian
Captain Super Flash
Hello,

Dose anyone know the TT cost for a blown up Hover pod Mk3 from fully repaired?

So if it is repaired to full how much TT dose it lose when damaged until it blows up depleting 1 times 920 SI.

Thanks!

If anyone wouldn't mind me blowing up there hover pod Mk3 1 time from fully repaired i will be happy to refund 5x the TT value lost to it.

I am looking to compare the TT loss with the UL version.

Thanks!

I dont have one but it all depends how the damage will be inflicted:

for example with low damage flamethrower (or other low dmg weapon) it will decay much more than when blown out using i.e. +200 dmg weapon.
In first case you will see 1.0 dmg done all the time and each hit it will decay its minimum decay based on total protection points (read about how armor works).
In snd case lets say only 50 damage points will be absorbed from 200 damage so it will decay only few times with cost for absorbing 50 damage each.

It works exactely the same as armor absorbtion.

Falagor
:bandit:

Oh i see thanks for the info that helps allot.

As far as i understood it if it decayed the full 920 SI how ever it is decayed it should have the same TT loss but now you have explained it i now understand why the TT decay has been different for the UL Sleipner to the L version during my test.

So just to confirm would the decay for the UL be 100% the same as the L then?

Thanks!

Last edited:
(...)

So would the decay for the UL be 100% the same as the L then?

Thanks!

It all depends what is the durability and absorbtion statistics on both versions:
- if the all absorbtion values for each type are the same and durability is the same - then for exactly same damage done they will decay the same.

Higher durability - it will decay less per abosrbtion.

Also the more the damage is absorbed per hit - the higher decay value per pec too.

It is a bit complicated system and you should really read this thread if you are into specifics: <click>
(the thread is already out of date becasue of how now plate act differently - but general idea and formulas should be still true - espetially in the case your asking).

Since noone filled info at entropedia about UL version on hoverpod 3 i can't tell you atm. But for exmaple ul sleipnir Mk.I has lower durability than (L) version (2700 dur vs 2900 dur) which means it will decay marginally more for same amount of damage absorbed when hits would be exacty the same. So my guess the dura on ul hoverpods is also lower. If the difference in durability is less than 500 the decay difference will be marginal too - if the difference is +10k (like on (L) armor vs UL armor) the difference usually means around 15-20% in decay difference (so paying 115% markup for (L) armor is actually not that bad ;)).

@edit:
i would go with (L) version - it will last about 2-5 years of use (untill TT drops to 0) depending how often you will drive through mobs.

@edit2:
if you are looking what version of the hoverpod 3 is better then i would say that how much it will decay is not that important (unless you plan on crashing into bunch of mobs very often but i do not see why one would do that espetially that you can't skill spacecraft skills with it):
the more imprtnt factors are (in the order of importance):
- total horsepower / total weight - this is very important ratio - if the vehicle has more horseower and less wieght - it gets more agile. If this ratio is good - it can speed up very fast and can make turns almost in one place and very fast too. On land vehicles it also means how well it can handle with hills (after nerf on Hoverpod 3 on horsepower from over 600 to over 265 it became from uber agile monster to very slow and slugish vehicle).
- fuel consuption both per km and static
- max speed

To understand why the horsepower/total wieght ratio is important - try flying with Sleipnir vs Spec Lancer.

Falagor

Last edited:
Thanks allot for the detailed response, I am not looking to buy i already own the a UL sleipnr and recently brought a UL hoverpod so i was just checking things out as i noticed the hoverpod seemed to decay its TT value allot easier than the sleipnr but now i know why it because when rounding up mobs with the hoverpod i'm talking allot more hits than when being shot down in space in the sleipnr.

Here are the stats for the UL Hoverpod if your interested :)

Thanks again for the help.

Thanks allot for the detailed response, I am not looking to buy i already own the a UL sleipnr and recently brought a UL hoverpod so i was just checking things out as i noticed the hoverpod seemed to decay its TT value allot easier than the sleipnr but now i know why it because when rounding up mobs with the hoverpod i'm talking allot more hits than when being shot down in space in the sleipnr.

Here are the stats for the UL Hoverpod if your interested :)

Thanks again for the help.

OK - filled entroepdia with the info - it seems its exactly the same as (L) ;).

Falagor

Back