Question: TT return, Hit rate etc

SSN

Old Alpha
Society
ATL
Pitivier Baguette Aden
First of all, this is not a whinning post, mining is not my main prof in EU.

Since 1 or 2 years ago, mining loot changed to be almost always the same claim size, ok with it, i prefer old system but ok anyway. Since then, the global rate also changed, i would like to know how much drop i need to do to get a global / hight multiplier. I did almost 3k drop when back to mining ( and in the game after another break lol ) with a D-class and not even one global or loot over 20 peds. i'm talking only about TT return, i know where to find MU etc.
So my question is simple it is normal to not have multiplier at all after almost 3k drop ( 62,33 % return )
Ok i did those drop in pvp4 but still no profit with MU, because of the TT return.
Around 800m depth at the moment

My playstyle, when NRF rain, i move, after like 5 drop. Always worked for me, i don't try if there is nothing.
around 100 drop per run, i can't do realy more, 1 amp d -class run happen often also.
It is related to pvp area ? or it is the same outside. I guess overmined area are the same ?
Sadly i did not calc my hit rate, i recorded only TT return.

Before mining change my return were around 90%, sometimes more, sometimes less; i used to do a very small profit ( more in pvp ). But now i feel like i can't get a global at all, even with d-class ( similar with lvl 8 amp )

I'm a little lost with mining return / loot system. If someone can tell me more...

ps : there again, no QQ post, i am just asking for your help and knowledge people ! I will be back to hunting anyway. Thanks !

First of all, this is not a whinning post, mining is not my main prof in EU.

Since 1 or 2 years ago, mining loot changed to be almost always the same claim size, ok with it, i prefer old system but ok anyway. Since then, the global rate also changed, i would like to know how much drop i need to do to get a global / hight multiplier. I did almost 3k drop when back to mining ( and in the game after another break lol ) with a D-class and not even one global or loot over 20 peds. i'm talking only about TT return, i know where to find MU etc.
So my question is simple it is normal to not have multiplier at all after almost 3k drop ( 62,33 % return )
Ok i did those drop in pvp4 but still no profit with MU, because of the TT return.
Around 800m depth at the moment

My playstyle, when NRF rain, i move, after like 5 drop. Always worked for me, i don't try if there is nothing.
around 100 drop per run, i can't do realy more, 1 amp d -class run happen often also.
It is related to pvp area ? or it is the same outside. I guess overmined area are the same ?
Sadly i did not calc my hit rate, i recorded only TT return.

Before mining change my return were around 90%, sometimes more, sometimes less; i used to do a very small profit ( more in pvp ). But now i feel like i can't get a global at all, even with d-class ( similar with lvl 8 amp )

I'm a little lost with mining return / loot system. If someone can tell me more...

ps : there again, no QQ post, i am just asking for your help and knowledge people ! I will be back to hunting anyway. Thanks !

In my experience you can go more than a month without even a global dropping 400-500 bombs a day.. and then another month you get a bunch of hofs every week with 1-2 really phat ubers..

It truly has become a game of the rich get richer and the poor are left up to luck.

Anybody has data (or raw data) on chances of different loot classes? Maybe this will help me ease my mind, before I will start punching random people in face on the street. :D

And if 500 bombs a day and month without a global is true, well I would delete EU from HDD instantly.

Reactions: das
There were a few months, 2 years ago now, when we had "modified loot", which meant no multipliers. That is long gone. You'll get mining claim multipliers frequently now. However, that is not a guarantee because as most long-time miners know, you will occasionally go through extended down periods, where you get no multipliers. You just have to keep powering through them and try some changes that might break the down streak. Just a rough estimate, but unamped globals normally pop up ~ 500-1000 ped spent now.

In the current mining system, multipliers aren't the problem... the problem is mineral MU.

Last edited:
Anybody has data (or raw data) on chances of different loot classes? Maybe this will help me ease my mind, before I will start punching random people in face on the street. :D

And if 500 bombs a day and month without a global is true, well I would delete EU from HDD instantly.

Better throw EU into your recycling bin then.. It is possible, I've experienced it mining planetside with lvl 5 amps..

I never did poorly enough to bring about big chances for a multiplier (most runs were 75-85% TT)... But was still at a loss even after markup at that point. I probably would have had better chances at a multiplier using bigger amps or going to foma at that point.

Mining comes and goes in cycles.. it takes a big pedcard and knowledge on where to find good markups. It's no easy game anymore.

Bump, did many run outside pvp, lvl 2 and 5, some d-class but not that much, a bit more return but still shit.
Still no global, never had a profit run, i don't know what to do. I should do something wrong. TerraMaster 5 at the moment. Almost bankrupt again ! i realy need the knowledge of the people to know what i'm doing wrong, i do the same as before. I think about start a streaming to show how my return are because i think people will believe i'm a liar ( for mining only, hunting is around 85%, adj fap + naked on small mobs + eco weapon )
The main problem is i think the hit rate i have, the claim size are "normal" if i don't count that fact that i do not globaling at all. I do not calc but i not even near 30% for sure.

i do 100 drop on most of my run. ( more like in an area )

Thanks for the help of the people !

i realy need the knowledge of the people to know what i'm doing wrong, i do the same as before. I think about start a streaming to show how my return are because i think people will believe i'm a liar

Might be a good idea anyway. If people see how you are mining, they might find something you could improve.

Well..I remeber the old times, that what made me to stop mining after i did 3500 drops with the old Ore amps 103 and 105 and hit one global at 68 or 72 peds.

Bump, did many run outside pvp, lvl 2 and 5, some d-class but not that much, a bit more return but still shit.
Still no global, never had a profit run, i don't know what to do. I should do something wrong. TerraMaster 5 at the moment. Almost bankrupt again ! i realy need the knowledge of the people to know what i'm doing wrong, i do the same as before. I think about start a streaming to show how my return are because i think people will believe i'm a liar ( for mining only, hunting is around 85%, adj fap + naked on small mobs + eco weapon )
The main problem is i think the hit rate i have, the claim size are "normal" if i don't count that fact that i do not globaling at all. I do not calc but i not even near 30% for sure.

I had about a year of those kind of returns, nothing much you can do really, maybe change spots..

From my experience you have to look at everything you do in-game. If you hit a hunting HoF and then go mining you most likely will have low returns. I am a firm believer in ~90% TT return across all professions. Some people will have terrible days in mining so they decide to craft a little then HoF for 10k. But if they would have kept mining they would have got that same 10k. People in EU are too indecisive and change what they do too much. You notice that most of the Ubers in the game will grind the same areas/mob regardless of returns. That way when they do get a good loot it wasn't on something shitty. Like when switching to crafting and getting 10k of metal residue garbage. So I say keep to good MU areas and keep on grinding. Also, another common mistake people make in EU is when they do get a uber loot they go spend it on upgrades. Then when the game brings you back to ~90% they have no PED. I only upgrade with pure profits not with TT returns. Lots of rambling but I hope this helps.

Some advice to help you... Terramaster 5 has too much decay.. go buy a full TT f213 or emine fs..

Tip 2: Pick an amp within your budget (~5k lvl 2.... ~8k lvl 5...) and stick with it.. you'll get inconsistent results mixing amps.

Tip 3: You need to go on runs of around 300 drops or more.. it's like hunting now, you need to stay out in the field long enough to give yourself a chance at a global or a hof.. Simply logging off will not help work you out of the low-swing, you just need to mine through it..

Tip 4: Markup. This is self explanatory.. but still.. If you're in an area with 115% avg ore markup and 121% avg enmatter markup then just mine enmatters.. Don't switch to low-markup areas no matter what.. You need to have patience and resilience.

Some advice to help you... Terramaster 5 has too much decay.. go buy a full TT f213 or emine fs..

Tip 2: Pick an amp within your budget (~5k lvl 2.... ~8k lvl 5...) and stick with it.. you'll get inconsistent results mixing amps.

Tip 3: You need to go on runs of around 300 drops or more.. it's like hunting now, you need to stay out in the field long enough to give yourself a chance at a global or a hof.. Simply logging off will not help work you out of the low-swing, you just need to mine through it..

Tip 4: Markup. This is self explanatory.. but still.. If you're in an area with 115% avg ore markup and 121% avg enmatter markup then just mine enmatters.. Don't switch to low-markup areas no matter what.. You need to have patience and resilience.

This is really good advice. I don't really care much for decay because I think it is factored into returns. But my personal log isn't really long enough to know for sure.

This is really good advice. I don't really care much for decay because I think it is factored into returns. But my personal log isn't really long enough to know for sure.

Decay seems to be the difference between 90% and 91-92% for me..

Thanks rocket for your advice. Indeed i should do more bigger run ( drop ammount )
I'm trying to instal LBML to know hit rate etc. Then i will start with unamped run since i don't have that much peds.
I will probably do some small depo cuz i probably wont survive. When LBML is working i will know my hitrate.
Thanks everyone !

Thanks rocket for your advice. Indeed i should do more bigger run ( drop ammount )
I'm trying to instal LBML to know hit rate etc. Then i will start with unamped run since i don't have that much peds.
I will probably do some small depo cuz i probably wont survive. When LBML is working i will know my hitrate.
Thanks everyone !

LBML is cursed for me.. when I use it I have terrible low swings, and cannot hof.. Could just be coincidence, but I would rather rely on my intuition when it comes to dropping bombs :wtg:

I also think that TT return is ~90%, but at normal round return should be 65%. Missing 25 % You should get from globals and hofs. 90% TT return is value of VERY long term.

Ps. I have 65% return in normal rounds without globals and hofs.

Back