First Deposit/Starter Pack.

Prixm

I recently started playing and bought myself the silver starter pack instead of the gold as I was not sure how committed to this game I was going to be. After doing some more research and playing I have found out that it would of been much better to get the gold pack instead for the amp, healer, etc. I am looking to deposit 50-100$ to get started and was wondering what items to purchase to make up for the lack of what I am missing from the gold pack as well as things that will be useful in the long run. I am looking to put in around 20-50$ a month in the future once I get a feel for the game so It does not go to waste.

I advise not to deposit a cent until you try the game for at least a month. This game is quite vast, and learning it takes time. Spend your first month in-game learning about it, exploring/gathering all the teleports, visiting and doing all n00b missions (on calypso, arkadia, cyrene) which also gives free stuff. Get a good mentor etc.

After that if you still want to, you can set your budget and so on.

I do recommend always the gold starterpack to any new players though. It's the best one to get.

Otherwise you may lose those peds too quickly and then give up on the game before you even comprehend it.

Pretty much what sub zero said.

Get a mentor. When you graduate your discipleship you'll get a nice suit of Adj Pixie Armor. The amp is nice but you'll loot L low level amps as you hunt Punies.

Get every teleporter on your home planet. Spend an hour or so daily looking in auction and comparing items and prices and look at trends.

Get the Puny mission and grind it out until it's done. If you get bored explore a bit or find some low level missions to break it up.

In a month if you're still going post again.

I may be cheap/ I like to consider myself frugal. Never the less. I started off, for one month, with 0 depo. As many have said, I spent much time exploring, gathering tps, sweating, and doing the "free" mission chains. (i.e. fine the beer mission, and others)

Some of the missions can give you PED in ammo/weaps, or skill points. They also direct you to other places in the world. Meet nice people, and be nice. You would be surprised how many free rides you get. Does that make me a scrub, or a slut for accepting new rides, from strangers? Maybe, I could really care less. haha.

ANyhow, also, I was lucky, and participated in the "Old Fred" events. All I did was stand around, and get whacked a few times, died, rezed, rinse, repeat. My agility, went from 8- 24 in one event. My evade also went up. So always keep an eye open for when they do those.

Avoid using ANY armour. It is just a PED dump, until your evade, and combat skills go up a little. I never used armour, on punys, or most youngs. (Started on the matures/olds)
Make sure, that you only use wepaons that you are maxed with, or very close to max. Otherwise, you are agian, wasting precious PED.

It may sound weird, but to me, I play Entropia, like good vs Evil. But, the "Evil" is MA themselves. I try to take as much as I can, when I can from them, and give them back, the least possible that I can. Call me Scrooge Mcduck, but thats the most interesting part for me. How much, can I milk out of MindArk? hehe.

I may be cheap/ I like to consider myself frugal. Never the less. I started off, for one month, with 0 depo. As many have said, I spent much time exploring, gathering tps, sweating, and doing the "free" mission chains. (i.e. fine the beer mission, and others)

Some of the missions can give you PED in ammo/weaps, or skill points. They also direct you to other places in the world. Meet nice people, and be nice. You would be surprised how many free rides you get. Does that make me a scrub, or a slut for accepting new rides, from strangers? Maybe, I could really care less. haha.

ANyhow, also, I was lucky, and participated in the "Old Fred" events. All I did was stand around, and get whacked a few times, died, rezed, rinse, repeat. My agility, went from 8- 24 in one event. My evade also went up. So always keep an eye open for when they do those.

Avoid using ANY armour. It is just a PED dump, until your evade, and combat skills go up a little. I never used armour, on punys, or most youngs. (Started on the matures/olds)
Make sure, that you only use wepaons that you are maxed with, or very close to max. Otherwise, you are agian, wasting precious PED.

It may sound weird, but to me, I play Entropia, like good vs Evil. But, the "Evil" is MA themselves. I try to take as much as I can, when I can from them, and give them back, the least possible that I can. Call me Scrooge Mcduck, but thats the most interesting part for me. How much, can I milk out of MindArk? hehe.

You may be cheap: Is this an admission of guilt or fake pride?

If you think such a statement has any value, please apply to the end of the world.

Some may call it cheap. I just dont like to lose money, for nothing. Then again, IRL I dont have a car, or a mobile phone, I dont have any credit cards. I dont even have a bank account. Because, I see them as a waste of my money, and time. That may seem crazy to most people nowdays, but to me, it is most of the world that is crazy.

You 'might" need a car,depending where you live I suppose. My bicycle does me just fine, and I can take a taxi, when absolutely necessary. But MOST people certainly don't need a cell phone. Maybe if you are a doctor, or a drug dealer..But, due to advertising, and brainwashing, most sheep, feel they could not live without one.

I dont even have a bank account. Because, I see them as a waste of my money, and time.

Do you store/invest your money some place else, because I would say not putting your money in a bank account or something similar is a waste of money.

I recently started playing and bought myself the silver starter pack instead of the gold as I was not sure how committed to this game I was going to be. After doing some more research and playing I have found out that it would of been much better to get the gold pack instead for the amp, healer, etc. I am looking to deposit 50-100$ to get started and was wondering what items to purchase to make up for the lack of what I am missing from the gold pack as well as things that will be useful in the long run. I am looking to put in around 20-50$ a month in the future once I get a feel for the game so It does not go to waste.

You made a good purchase bcuz by getting the silver you get the 50% more skills boost and when you buy the gold package you the extra pills so was good :woot:
And welcome to entropia is kinda like drug when learn how to smoke you can't stop smoking :smoke:

Find yourself an active Society. You will have several viewpoints on how to progress and advice from several play styles. Some do well without depositing and some have more money than sense. It will help you to decide your path.

GL and Welcome to Entropia.

:yup:

Do you store/invest your money some place else, because I would say not putting your money in a bank account or something similar is a waste of money.

Well, as soon as I get my paychecks, I have many bills to pay. I pretty much cant save any money..maybe a couple hundred, if I am lucky. But usually something comes up, and there goes my nest egg. So no. I dont see a bank as necessary at all.

I do have a pre paid visa card, that I use to make online purchases, hotel reservations, etc. if need be. And, its great.
No waiting in lines, no fees, no b.s. charges, and they cant steal from me, like a bank does.

Back