Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Danny Finnigan Fitzpatrick
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Falagor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you are talking about reaching +75% affection level - it is not really a buff. After reaching 75% affection level you get more xp gain on your pet and only at this level you can have any other buffs (at least those from stables).

Basicly reaching affection 100% is really simple - just feed fresh pet to full and do some training on it - after ~2-3 hours it shoudl reach 100% affection on its own. You can speed this process up with brush with few swings (i think it is instant method to get to affection 100% but costs more than by just letting pet regain it naturally by doing tricks). But imo its not really a buff and effect is exactly same on every pet so far.

If you are talking about temp +% pet and taming skillgains it also no in this category (since it expires on its own and is somehow randomly occurance).

If you are talking about something else - please explain becasue i have no idea what could it be?

Falagor
    Thx for this info. It's what I meant. So now I know it's the same for all pets. Thx
    Showing emotions is a way to hide our true feelings

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Falagor Falagor Frostmaster
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    So anyone who has Ruby Dragon or Hogglo Black willing to provide screenshots with stats (first tab + each buff)?

Falagor

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    Adding this info to first post .

Each passive buff requires different action to push the "Unlock" bar to 100%:

• Skill gain - Pet and Taming - requires succesfull taming attempts on creatures while having your pet spawned.
    • Pet Focus - Increase Generation - requires doing certain mix of tricks with your pet.
    • Acceleration - MISSING (probably requires running around with spawned pet)
    • Pet Focus - Decrease Regeneration - MISSING

Skil gain - Pet and Taming tested and verified. On smal pets (i.e. Bristle or Panther) you require 5 sucesfull atempts to push the bar to 100% on Ancient Exa Strong it reuired more.

Pet Focus - Increase Generation - tested and verified. On Kanin and Silver Kanin i noticed that it required doing both Grret and Dance tricks to push the bar to 100%

Notice that both actions are logical and actions required are somehow connected with the bonus buff gives.

Acceleleration - i am not sure because before i was aware that unlocking may require different actions unlock was already at 100% but i guess that it requires running around with your pet spawned .

Notice that to trully unlock your buff you also need to train your pet to required level too

Falagor

God job on thread +rep

I have a question, how do I unlock the passive effect skill gain on pet?
    my pet is lvl 19 and req lvl for unlock is 14.

Pet info says cost is 3 ped and 15 essence, i have both essence and ped but where to go to unlock this?

When I go to a stable i only get the box to place pet for 2 ped for one day of the skill gain buff.

/Chris

Edit, Found out I had to tame other pets for unlock, while my pet was spawned
    Last edited by Chris Enzo; 03-29-2015 at 20:50.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    I will post it here since i find it somehow related (instead of posting new thread).

I have done small test to check if passive buff Skill gain - Pet and Taming is working or not.

Pet used: Panther with +10% buff (1st stage) and without (2nd stage).
    Whip used: Dominax Original Mamba (and Viper as some sort of "finsiher") both unlimited.

Test procedure:
    - try to tame 2x 100 Kanins (each stage 100)
    - note down every failed attemtps, sucess tame, and deaths (if it dies it is still counted since there were at least 2-3 failed attempts)
    - note down skills: Animal Lore, Animal Taming, Zoology (to first decimal after coma accuracy) before and after each stage. Also note down decay done during each stage.
    - do not make any tricks with the panther and keep it at 100% whole time. Purpose of this is to measure pure tame related skillgains only from failed or sucesfull tame attempts.

First phase (with +10% passive buff):
    Animal Lore: 1697.9 -> 1720.2 (thats ~0.16ped TT skill increase)
    Animal Taming: 2007.3 -> 2024.6 (thats ~0.27ped TT skill increase)
    Zoology: 1348.5 -> 1369.9 (thats ~0.14ped TT skill increase)
    Decay on whips: -16.23ped

58 failed attempts
    89 sucesfull attempts
    11 killed bunnies

So 147 attempts that could result in "green lines" appearing.

Second phase (without buff):
    Animal Lore: 1720.2 -> 1741.0 (thats ~0.14ped TT skill increase)
    Animal Taming: 2024.6 -> 2035.0 (thats ~0.16ped TT skill increase)
    Zoology: 1369.9 -> 1383.1 (thats ~0.09ped TT skill increase)
    Decay on whips: -16.30ped

52 failed attempts
    84 sucesfull attempts
    16 killed bunnies

So 136 attempts that could result in "green lines" appearing.

-----

Observation:
    - first phase was more "lucky" to have more attempts that could result in increased skill gain. Difference is ~8% so tihs should be taken into consideration (=rescaled) (*).
    - i have got more skills in the buff phase: ~14.2% more in Animal Lore, ~68.7% more in Animal Taming, ~55.6% more in Zoology.
    - sum of skills gained more: 0.57ped in first phase, 0.39 in snd phase. So average difference is ~46.2% more.

Conclusion:
    - even after correction and rescaling (*) i would get ~34.5% more skills with buff than without.
    - i know that the test sample was small and there are huge roundings when counting skill TT at Entropedia (not to mention that formula there is only aproximation) but i think its safe to asume that:
    the buff is working and increases skills gained in taming and pet handling

If someone wants to repeat the test (at larger sample) or have other ideas how to test this more - feel free to discuss.

I am convinced its worth using the buff when you are taming the pets .

@edit:
    if any extra random temp buffs happened during the process - i was stoped, dismissed pet and waited for it to dry out . Just to claify this since it coudl have screwed results if was not avoided.

Falagor
    Last edited by Falagor; 03-31-2015 at 23:50.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Eudorian Devil Level 12 requires 7546 xp exactly for passive unlock

Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Just in case you didn't see it, Hogglo Pygmy Black stats are here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...=1#post3367752

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rufus Deathouse Dragon
    Society
    ALL TIME HIGH Inc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Falagor View Post
    Adding this info to first post .

Each passive buff requires different action to push the "Unlock" bar to 100%:

• Skill gain - Pet and Taming - requires succesfull taming attempts on creatures while having your pet spawned.
    • Pet Focus - Increase Generation - requires doing certain mix of tricks with your pet.
    • Acceleration - MISSING (probably requires running around with spawned pet)
    • Pet Focus - Decrease Regeneration - MISSING

Skil gain - Pet and Taming tested and verified. On smal pets (i.e. Bristle or Panther) you require 5 sucesfull atempts to push the bar to 100% on Ancient Exa Strong it reuired more.

Pet Focus - Increase Generation - tested and verified. On Kanin and Silver Kanin i noticed that it required doing both Grret and Dance tricks to push the bar to 100%

Notice that both actions are logical and actions required are somehow connected with the bonus buff gives.

Acceleleration - i am not sure because before i was aware that unlocking may require different actions unlock was already at 100% but i guess that it requires running around with your pet spawned .

Notice that to trully unlock your buff you also need to train your pet to required level too

Falagor
    Hope this help but on the Sliver Kanin for me Greet would move it 5% each time where Dance only moved the bar 5% every other time
    Last edited by Rufus Deathouse; 04-18-2015 at 03:35.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus Deathouse View Post
    Hope this help but on the Sliver Kanin for me Greet would move it 5% each time where Dance only moved the bar 5% every other time
    Actually you need to do BOTH tricks to fill the bar to 100%.

Doing only Dance filled it only up to 50% so it was necesery to do Greet tricks too. This info is already known (not missing) .

What is missing is if the Acceleration requires running aroun (seems logical) and what is required on hogglo pygmys to fill the bar .

Falagor

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14 ... LastLast