Does Anyone Make A Living Playing This Game?

2mlg4u

Just a quick question from a noob (only just booted up the game). I was reading how you can make real money playing the game and I have 2 questions. How much can one actually make. And does anyone make a living off the game and how much does he make?

Like in others ways to win money, need investment and time, is possible but lately MA is making that much harder.

Some people do make a living from the game, or at least have done. To know who you should look at who owns property like multiple land areas, planets and the like.

Some people do make a living from the game, or at least have done. To know who you should look at who owns property like multiple land areas, planets and the like.

I know multiple peoples that has made and is making a living paying their bills from this game by actually playing the game (not through owning property ingame), there aint many but there is a few that I know off ;)

//Linz

I know at least 10 people who play this game for a living. Names I can't give out as i do not know whether they would like that out in the open. However, yes quite a few people make a living out of this game and some of them make more then most people make in real life.

Just a quick question from a noob (only just booted up the game). I was reading how you can make real money playing the game and I have 2 questions. How much can one actually make. And does anyone make a living off the game and how much does he make?

like they already said, yes some do live from this game.

Its not easy, but it can be done.:)

I don't, but I can book a Nice holiday in southern Europe each year.

(Around 1200 -1500 dollars per year in withdrawals)

Last edited:
I find it odd that so many respected names are so quick to say they know plenty that "make a living".

It's a rather ambiguous term, no?

One I believe that any respectable player should define before trying to prove the existence of.

I almost feel like this is a real thread filled with April Fools Day replies.

I need 6 figures USD to consider it a "living".

No one makes 6 figures per yer playing this game except MA.

What is your "living"? What is the other posters in this thread definition of a "living"

Ask deeper questions and don't allow them to stroke their ego's at your expense, new player!

Ask them for details.

Blown smoke means more depos and more depos means a few smart players can withdraw a few more ped each month.

Don't be fooled. Withdrawing is possible, but "living" is smoke blown up your ass.

Edit: Unless you have a time machine.

Edit edit: I love this game and YES withdrawing is possible, this is not a negative thread about the game. There was just very little responsibility in this thread before I came along. We don't want you to get your hopes up and quit your job today...but if you must, get as many credit cards as you can before you do! :p

Last edited:
Some do yes.

I find it odd that so many respected names are so quick to say they know plenty that "make a living".

It's a rather ambiguous term, no?

One I believe that any respectable player should define before trying to prove the existence of.

I almost feel like this is a real thread filled with April Fools Day replies.

I need 6 figures to consider it a "living".

What is your "living"? What is the other posters in this thread definition of a "living"

Ask deeper questions and don't allow them to stroke their ego's at your expense, new player!

Ask them for details.

Blown smoke means more depos and more depos means a few smart players can withdraw a few more ped each month.

Don't be fooled. Withdrawing is possible, but "living" is smoke blown up your ass.

Edit: Unless you have a time machine.

Edit edit: I love this game and YES withdrawing is possible, this is not a negative thread about the game. There was just very little responsibility in this thread before I came along. We don't want you to get your hopes up and quit your job today...but if you must, get as many credit cards as you can before you do! :p

:swoon: .....

There are some countries that are not very expensive to live in. Not everyone requires 6 figures to call it a "living". I defenitely dont need 6 figures to survive. There are countries where the average wage is like 500-600 euro/usd month or even lower. A combination of/or having CLDs, LA's, mod fap, other "investments" trading, using knowledge with mining/hunting/crafting it is possible. Making a living depends on different factors.

Last edited:
:swoon: .....

There are some countries that are not very expensive to live in. Not everyone requires 6 figures to call it a "living". I defenitely dont need 6 figures to survive. There are countries where the average wage is like 500-600 euro/usd month or even lower. A combination of/or having CLDs, LA's, mod fap, other "investments" trading, using knowledge with mining/hunting/crafting it is possible. Making a living depends on different factors.

I know that. I was not saying 6 figures was right. I was saying that the term is ambiguous for the very reason you state.

After I wrote this I realized that some would think I meant all people need 6 figures. I don't even need 6 figures to live, either, but at what amount do we consider it "living"?

Scraping by, or paying all the bills with a nice family and a nice house and cars?

The POINT was that there is more info needed before the OP quits his day job.

:swoon:

You expanded on my point, but you did it for the wrong reason :)

If you are smart, OP, yes of course you can withdraw money. But "making a living"....that is just hyperbole...and anyone who says it is possible without defining what they think "living" is, or giving actual examples, is just blowing smoke up your ass.

Last edited:
I know that. I was not saying 6 figures was right. I was saying that the term is ambiguous for the very reason you state.

After I wrote this I realized that some would think I meant all people need 6 figures. I don't even need 6 figures to live, either, but at what amount do we consider it "living"?

Scraping by, or paying all the bills with a nice family and a nice house and cars?

The POINT was that there is more info needed before the OP quits his day job.

:swoon:

You expanded on my point, but you did it for the wrong reason :)

Ok ... and what reason? :eek:

@OP as you can read... it depends on different factors :)

So, to recap-

Relative to the number of people who supposedly play this game, extraordinarily few people make what they consider a living.

If you can live on $1.50 per week and get free computer access, then it is certainly possible.

In EU many ppl withdraw over 20k usd per year. Big part of traders for example are from low income countries. So yeah plenty of ppl living from EU. About those 6digits damn most of eastern europe parliament members dont earn that much. If it was meant 6figures usd. If 6digit peds... then plenty of players who do.

Ok ... and what reason? :eek:

Because you did it to rebut my definition of "living" when I was the only one in this thread that defined MY definition of "living".

You need to define it for the OP, not to prove the Taco wrong :p

Anyways leaving for Easter with the family...Happy Easter, everybody!

Because you did it to rebut my definition of "living" when I was the only one in this thread that defined MY definition of "living".

You need to define it for the OP, not to prove the Taco wrong :p

Anyways leaving for Easter with the family...Happy Easter, everybody!

Oh no i wasnt proving you wrong... only expanding your post as you said.

Happy Easter also! :)

Better ask how many makes a profit and withdraws money from the game. If you can make a profit, the size of the profit often depends on how much time you spend on the game. I don't think many makes profit from the game, and those who do probably spend a lot of time and energy on the game, and/or are old players with nice equipment and skills.

Does Anyone Make A Living Playing This Game?

What you are really asking is whether you can make a living off of this game.

Short answer: Yes, IF you treat it like a profession in a very competitive industry and are willing to investment the time, energy, and/or money into such a profession.

If studying/working 8+ hours a day in a game feels too much, then treat this place like what it is: A great game with great people and a greatly complex economic foundation.

Welcome, have fun and happy hoffing :wave:

In order to make a living in this game you must have a good sense for business and trading, or invest alot of time and or money. I invested time and money after 1 year of playing around in 2006. I came across some rather huge deposits and had alot of fun, was able to withdraw back what i'd spend plus some. Now however it's not that easy. The game has changed and all i can say is it's much harder. Good luck and enjoy for fun is my suggestion.

It helps if you live in a country where the cost of living is low, relatively. Most do it through trading, and then some take trading profits and own land areas, banks, etc.

ofc there are people who make a living out of this and other games (usually those people have more then one mainstay)
If you need 2-3 K $ a year --> easy
If you need 10-20 K $ /year--> hard but possible with the right niche
if you need more money you life probably in a fucking rich country and you should work instead

I need 6 figures USD to consider it a "living".

What kind of "living" do you require? You can easily live off 30k a year in a lot of places within the US, and 40-50k is enough to live and save.

Why do you need at least 100k? Or rather, why did you use this number if you are just spitballing?

The odds of a new player coming in and making a 'living' are very small. Even if you invest time over years.

Many who do profit got in early and benefited from many things. They also saw opportunity and took risks.

But for a new player these opportunities no longer exist.

If a new player wanted to profit the best paths would be those that are player driven. Trading, event coordinating, maybe healing.

Seriously buddy,

You are not going to make a living from this game.

People say yes you can make a living, you can earn 20k usd a year...

Okay after spending $630,000.

If you spend that, then you don't need ot make a living.

Please do not be fooled.

Even the people in the low income countries need high investment to make a living, you cannot think you will come here and make a living in a month, two or three..

Do not believe half the bullshit that is spat out about this game.

You can make money, but a living..... Well for me a living would be shit if I lived of this game.

Even MA tell you to Invest, which like real life means you have to invest A LOT!

Hunting/mining/crafting will not make you a lot, but at top level after $500,000 spent. Maybe

check this out: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...4739-Smilgs-hunting-log&highlight=Hunting+log

He seems to be doing alright, from the normal hunting, however he is most likely one of the highest skilled. I am willing to bet the highest skilled player in game.

Reactions: Mac
Since no one seems to be talking numbers, I will.

I started playing 6.5years ago and didn't do masses for the first few years. Sweated a bit, healed people for decay and tips and mostly worked too much irl to play much. I never deposited though. I built up a few hundred dollars. About 9 months ago I realised the cld were doing reasonably well (I bought one right at the beginning and didn't play for a while as it earnt me ped, only logging in to stop my account going inactive)

I then started buying aud and depositing a little to buy more cld. Combining that with low level trading and pet taming and training I've made about $50-100 every month from the game since and each month I make a bit more than the month I did before. If my in game earnings continue to increase as they are within about 12-18months I will be earning more than my day job used to pay me before I got sick (about $1k per month). It woll then take me a few months to withdraw the money I've deposited and then I'll start making that in actual profit every month. So yes it's possible but it requires a fair amount of in game knowledge, a heap of trading and definitely skills in at least one area. At least it does the way I'm doing it, although I get bored of trading all day every day so I think someone could do it faster than me. I know one of my disciples is already making money faster than me because they trade more.

Well I do not make a "living". A living to me is 6+ dollar figures. But I do make a good chunk of cash that is paying for future investments/fun in this. Do I think I can eventually make a living with enough time? Yes. Would I risk the instability on my family and quit my job? No

if you want the make money you have too be like some used cars saleman

you going only make money buying cheap and sell as high as you can other than that

you wont make money hunting crafting and mining those are a pass time

if you want the make money you have too be like some used cars saleman

you going only make money buying cheap and sell as high as you can other than that

you wont make money hunting crafting and mining those are a pass time

Not entirely true. You can make money hunting, mining and crafting but you have to make it from mark up. This is easier to do with high skilled crafting or was with mining when there were more high mark up resources. Also you don't have to do it buying low and selling high but there does need to be some trading or other player involved. You have to provide some kind of 'service' whether that's being a middle man, healing or acquiring something someone wants.

<removed> the OP will have to decide if what I'm doing makes a difference, since they haven't defined what a living would look like to them they'll have to decide for themselves based on the info I gave them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SHY
Back