Question: What ever happed to: Megingjord Mk1

BenCoyote

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote
Alright it's kind of weird as we have plenty of vehicles to go around.. but what is cuious is that when vehicles first came out one of the mst interesting ones to ever grace EU, was in fact the Megingjord Mk1 (C,L)

This was not a car of a boat or even a space ship.. This was a bonafide Tank chasis that you could skip a turret onto.... and when you did, this living breathing entity became a monster..

I mean where could you find a tank that had a top speed of 45 kpm and had that moster turret that could hit a target from over 1 km away .. I mean if the radar had a longer range than 200 meters you could probably nail someone with a turret blast from over 6/8th of a mile away..

And yes, it was customizable.. and according to the Entropedia this beast was supposed to be fcrafted..

But my quess it this as to what happned to it..

A few crafters did loot a few Blueprints of this vehicle, and in fact they probably were low click BP's so not too many were produced.. either that or possible everyone used up the BP's and keept the tanks for themselves realizing that these babies were a gold mine..(that is, until the took away vehicles in PVP)

I can still remember the first time i saw one of these things back in late 2010 or early 2011 and soeone had parke it at port Atlants.. And the thing did look rather modern and futuristic all rolled into one..

It's kind of odd that Isince that time I have yet to seen another.. It's almost as if these vehicles have gone extince..

But man, I would kill for one of those today.. and the turret as well, in fact if they ever brought back vheicles in PVP you can imagine the pandemonium somoene owould have if they were able to get off that 1 km shot and hit someone ..

But until we know the answer I'm going to say that theMegingjord Mk1 is as extinct as the Dodo Bird.. It's not comigng back.. It's pushing up daisies, It's Pining for the Fijords.. Let's jsut say, It's an Ex-tank..

*Sigh..* Oh well it's such a fond memeory for me..

Benjamin Ben COyote
a.k.a."The Blind Sniper" (and) "His_Dog_Spot

None of the original first two runs of vehicles drop anymore besides the mk1 versions of sleip, gung and valk. Seems MA decided against keeping most interesting vehicles around.

There's a few of us who still have one. I love mine. A nice rare vehicle :)
There is also one for sale atm, oh I see its linked above.

PM if you are interested, and I'll get you in touch with the owner.

I personally heard of.... Two tanks? So guess quite a few were destroyed in the early days.

I Think they were removed from the "BP Loot Pool" when crashing them made people CTD in PVP fights, and then MA forgot to put the Blueprints back.

Why can't you PvP with vehicles, wasn't this half the point to vehicles. z0mfg!!!!!!11!!1!11121!11!!1

Wonder if there are a few avatars with some BPs sat in inventory gathering dust, because the ingredients were too rare possibly?

The tanks have never been crafted, they were sales by mindark on auction on their initial release.
Some of the chassis got handed out as event rewards later on as well - which led to some 'half-tanks' being around and very few complete tanks which mostly have decayed over the years by a great deal.

As with all vehicles im convinced that mindark dropped them into the universe with a set amount/probabilty like they do with all items - those avaiable items/blueprints entered the universe early on and when the cap was reached none further did drop.
So if there really ever dropped a meggingjord blueprint its likely in an inactive accounts storage or shelfed by someone who has the patience to wait for the right moment to go crafting when the initial sales tanks got even more rare and the price goes up even further.

Yeah as a relatively newer player I'm gutted PvP tanks aren't a thing, bring this back MA ^^

Back