Hub culture...

Wollongong

Elite
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Jerry "Wollo" Wollongong
Am I the only one utterly confused by this bit...?

Several new temporary structures have been implemented on Calypso in cooperation with several new real-world Entropia Universe partners.

Human Flourishing Universe (HFU) - A purpose-driven VR platform for education and collaboration on business, social, health, wellbeing, environment issues with a gameplay built on compassion and altruism stimulating human advancement.
Planet Employability (PLE) is a leading emerging planet in the new Human Flourishing Universe (HFU), here you can link to the PLE Module where participants can complete an employability skills audit and undertake missions and assignments to improve their employability skills and/or engage in a digital internship.
Hub Culture is a collaboration network with activities online and in the real world. The Hub Culture Estate at the Athena Spaceport offers an environment for connections and social interactions among Hub Culture members around the world. Additional functions are available inside Hub Culture at a corresponding Spaceport within the social network. (www.hubculture.com/pavilions/spaceport)

I would love to hear more. All 3 buildings are set to private so you cannot enter.

Nope! Visiting the website just confused me more.

Nope! Visiting the website just confused me more.

lol im glad im not the only one confused by that site and how it links with EU

I googled it a bit (there are other sites besides the one mention in the notes), sounds like our very own church of scientology, time to save up some peds for trainings! :D

I signed up to the hub just now, waiting for approval.

quite bizarre that having followed EU for a decade and Bitcoin for 3 or so years, this VEN virtual currency hasnt appear on the radar.

quite bizarre that having followed EU for a decade and Bitcoin for 3 or so years, this VEN virtual currency hasnt appear on the radar.

Whats the bet that PED will suddenly become VEN?

That is because VEN is used for the one Hub website, and some anti-environmental pollution law avoidance.

However I am also suprised I have not heard of it, as it is the first digital currency to begin trading in regulated Forex markets, on the LMAX Exchange. Even before Bitcoin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ven_(currency)

Ven (sign: VEN) is a global digital currency traded in international financial markets and originally used by members of a social network service, Hub Culture, to buy, share, and trade knowledge, goods, and services. The value of Ven is determined on the financial markets from a basket of currencies, commodities and carbon futures.[2] It trades against major currencies at floating exchange rates. Ven is currently listed on the LMAX exchange.[3]

According to Hub Culture, Ven first appeared as an application in Facebook on 4 July 2007.[1]

In 2009, The Wall Street Journal described the currency as being pegged to the US dollar, and used by Hub Culture's users to trade goods, services, and knowledge. One user described having been paid in Ven for making introductions and other favors.[4]

In 2010, the company announced that carbon pricing contracts were added to the weighted basket that determines the value of Ven.[2] According to the company, this change made Ven "the first and only currency that is linked to the environment."[2]

In April 2011, Hub Culture announced the first commodity trade priced in Ven, in a gold production contract valued at more than 233,000 Ven.[5] Later that month, the company announced the first carbon offset credit trade priced in Ven, between American Carbon Registry (ACR), a carbon registry run by Winrock International, and Mata no Peito, an environmental coalition that includes ACR and Hub Culture as partners.[6][7] In September 2011, Hub Culture announced that Ven would be available on Thomson Reuters' data network and terminals.[8]

In 2012, Hub Culture announced the development of Ven Funds, derivative financial products based on the Ven, including micro-finance and commodity asset pools.[9]

In January 2014, Ven became the first digital currency to begin trading in regulated Forex markets, on the LMAX Exchange.[3]

Ohhhhh I get it... I see, it's a system for us to be able to create more real world currency. Buy trading in knowledge and helping others in the community of this hub come to play here we can looting to make trades in the real world.

I think it's something akin to being able to create networks and trade with this VEN and some how there will be a way for us to trade.

So imagine being able to go on a real world holiday paid for from peds to VEN.

I could be wrong but that is what it looks like to me.

So, I went to Athena and no change there. The Hub and Flourishing are still unavailable, and Employability is empty (just auction and tt). Any foreseeable developments in the near future?

Note: there were two other avatars there! Woohoo!!!:eyecrazy:

So, I went to Athena and no change there. The Hub and Flourishing are still unavailable

But deposit option is available 24/7. What else do you need?

It's been only 4 years, give MA time they need to implement this feature!

Yea disappointing nothing happened yet.

Back