Best new feature???

Rumsponge

Elite
Ben Rumsponge Rumson
Before the client loader even started downloading the new release, I got a pop up window telling me that Entropia doesn't support AMD R9 200 Series graphics cards?!?

Crossfire- not working
CrossfireX- not working
SLI- Not working
AMD R9 cards- "unpredictable results"

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

How long's it been since the CryEngine integration? Maybe it's time to hire a consultant.

Before the client loader even started downloading the new release, I got a pop up window telling me that Entropia doesn't support AMD R9 200 Series graphics cards?!?

Crossfire- not working
CrossfireX- not working
SLI- Not working

How long's it been since the CryEngine integration? Maybe it's time to hire a consultant.

What operating system are you using? I've had no problems at all with my AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (R9 270X) which I've had for approximately a year. I dont use crossfire, never seen the point. ;)

Win 7 64 bit here.

Works fine for me too on Windows 8.1. Using an R9-285.

Heiko Rat has an AMD GPU (can't tell the exact model right now) and EU was not recognizing it until we reinstalled Nvidia drivers. No, seriously. :laugh:

(it works fine)

What operating system are you using? I've had no problems at all with my AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (R9 270X) which I've had for approximately a year. I dont use crossfire, never seen the point. ;)

Win 7 64 bit here.

Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Latest MS updates. Latest AMD updates.

After I downloaded it, I played and it seems no worse than usual. Not sure why the warning message all of a sudden.

I really wish they'd fix the graphics stuff, though. It's way past the point of being stupid. I have no problems with any other games, demos, benchmarking software. If MA is worried about attracting new players, maybe they should fix the stuff that makes them look like clowns.

Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Latest MS updates. Latest AMD updates.

After I downloaded it, I played and it seems no worse than usual. Not sure why the warning message all of a sudden.

I really wish they'd fix the graphics stuff, though. It's way past the point of being stupid. I have no problems with any other games, demos, benchmarking software. If MA is worried about attracting new players, maybe they should fix the stuff that makes them look like clowns.

What "graphics stuff" do you need fixing? I play on Very High as I'm sure you do, and I think the graphics look amazing around sunset / sunrise especially if there is a river near. :scratch2:

If you consider how big the patch was in yesterdays VU, I'm surprised how stable and bug free its implementation has been.

Crossfire- not working
CrossfireX- not working
SLI- Not working

Hi!
U r running game in fullscreen? perhaps crossfire is not supported for window-mode games.

ps: playing with R9 270X on very high preset + 4x antialiasing preset. all running 40-60 fps, so the question is "is there really need in sli/crossfire?" ))

What "graphics stuff" do you need fixing? I play on Very High as I'm sure you do, and I think the graphics look amazing around sunset / sunrise especially if there is a river near. :scratch2:

If you consider how big the patch was in yesterdays VU, I'm surprised how stable and bug free its implementation has been.

A) it is just plain stupid that we should have to turn off one card just to play Entropia.

B) Although I haven't checked today, there are still places that objects flash on and off, even with only one card.

C) Again, haven't checked today, but as of last weekend, I was getting the odd object that would suddenly lose it's texture and go completely green.

D) What the hell is the story with the grass? As fast as it vibrates, there must be a hundred mile per hour wind on Calypso.

It's just a shame they can't get things working right. It looks amazing with tessellation and all of the other behind the scenes stuff cranked up. The problem is that it just won't run right.

Additionally, I'd really like to step up to a bigger monitor soon. I don't think 4k monitors are quite ready yet, but I was looking at a Samsung curved, wide monitor that was about halfway between. I don't know if the one card will still run everything at max settings with the bigger monitors.

B) Although I haven't checked today, there are still places that objects flash on and off, even with only one card.

C) Again, haven't checked today, but as of last weekend, I was getting the odd object that would suddenly lose it's texture and go completely green.

These things happen after VUs while shader cache is being refilled. There's a good chance they'll go away by themselves.

Yeah as Haruto has said, B & C are just a temporary result of a VU, in the same way as when you load your storage and inventory, the objects take longer as they are re-drawn, its a once-only effect (till the next VU)

A) well I dont see the point of buying 2 identical cards. My opinion has always been buy the best you can afford and 2 years later, sell it and buy a new one (which probably will give more performance than the 2 combined you could have bought 2 years ago)

D) I remember grass moving fast in the past, I've not noticed it much lately but I suppose it depends on the area you hang around. I'm often in desert or short grass areas obviously. :)

I dont think I'll be getting a curved monitor, I think flat monitors will look better and my next one will be wall mounted (will also give me some more desk space)

Yeah as Haruto has said, B & C are just a temporary result of a VU, in the same way as when you load your storage and inventory, the objects take longer as they are re-drawn, its a once-only effect (till the next VU)

A) well I dont see the point of buying 2 identical cards. My opinion has always been buy the best you can afford and 2 years later, sell it and buy a new one (which probably will give more performance than the 2 combined you could have bought 2 years ago)

D) I remember grass moving fast in the past, I've not noticed it much lately but I suppose it depends on the area you hang around. I'm often in desert or short grass areas obviously. :)

Can someone explain graphics card hysteria for me?

Game runs flawless on high with 800$ office laptop. Then I see tons of people having issues running the game with graphics cards that cost more than my pc.

Are the graphics really that good on very high that you are ready to buy a graphic card for it?

Are the graphics really that good on very high that you are ready to buy a graphic card for it?

I've been playing on Very High for over 4 years now, so you dont need a powerful card at all to be able to do it on a desktop PC. That graphic card I used back then you could probably buy now for about £20 second hand.

This thread I made in 2011, shows whether you'd like to play on Very High always:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?207556-Dont-say-Entropia-s-graphics-are-bad

These things happen after VUs while shader cache is being refilled. There's a good chance they'll go away by themselves.

The problem had existed all along. I haven't checked since the VU. Also, I have cleared the cache previously, just to see if it would help, but it doesn't.

I dont think I'll be getting a curved monitor, I think flat monitors will look better and my next one will be wall mounted (will also give me some more desk space)

Believe me, I'm as cheap as anyone. The point was to be ready to go to 4k. I bought the first card after the prices came down after the original release. Also, after the bitminers stopped using graphics cards and went to ASICs, the AMD line became much cheaper than the NVidia stuff. I added the second card when i got an even better deal. To get anything significantly better, you would need to move up to a card that has two GPUs and they cost way more than my two cards combined. Combined, my two cards cost me less than $700.

Can someone explain graphics card hysteria for me?

Game runs flawless on high with 800$ office laptop. Then I see tons of people having issues running the game with graphics cards that cost more than my pc.

If you run everything maxed out, including some of the settings from the AMD control panel, you'd be amazed. However, Entropia is not the only game I play or anticipate playing.

Back