Prizes?

Klod

Stalker
Society
The Unit
Klodvig, Klod, Malkord
I might have missed something here but wasnt there supposed to be some type of prize cermony for the event?

My personal intrest in the matter is the "Calypso cross".

:scratch2:

Don't know about any ceremony or the Calypso cross, but GB and Sweden had their runner-up prizes (CDF guns and skill pills) delivered directly to their inventories some time ago. I assume DACH did too but I don't remember anyone mentioning it.

Seems the Calypso cross was forgotten then, or I could have missed it I guess.

Just got word of a few things WoF-related....

1. DACH will get their jackets soon.

2. Amethera's two brave warriors will receive their CALYPSO CROSS award on or near the same time. The full nature of this prize is still undecided but should include unique wearable items.

3. WoF 2015-16 is ON. Qualifiers start in early November. Should be up and running to register teams in a week or so.

4. As we enter WoF 2015-16 with two teams having won the title twice, it has been decided that ANY TEAM WHO WINS THE WoF THREE TIMES WILL RECEIVE BLACK WOF WINNERS JACKETS. Black has often been requested by winners but has been refused to avoid alienating other teams who might have wanted black jackets too. However, winning three WoFs is an achievement that deserves something a bit special. So far we have Team DACH and Team USA in the running for these hard-won items (could anything be MORE hard-won?), could WoF 2015 see another previous finalist join them? Or a newcomer stake their claim on the winner's board? Or will one of the WoF's historically mightiest teams find another victory in them and go on to be the baddest WoF hunters to walk Calypso's soil? Let's see.

5. The Qualifiers will now be COMPETITIVE: when all teams are registered (Late September, October) a Qualifiers Draw will take place, placing every team in two one-off, one-on-one matches against others wishing to qualify. Winning a Qualifying match gains 50 POINTS towards the Qualifying Total (100 points maximum for winning both your Qualifying matches).
Unlike the draw for the Group Stage, this will not involve seeding and fixtures will be placed entirely at random. Matches will still be three hours and will NOW COUNT TOWARD THE CALYPSO CROSS; win or lose, qualify or not, a good result in one of these matches could still be the highest score PER PERSON in the tournament and therefore win the CALYPSO CROSS. This as yet undecided prize is designed to reward the smaller teams for their efforts.

6. Judges will still be needed and will still be paid 100 PED of Uammo for each team's hunt they judge.

7. Trophy Mobs are not going to return.

All this and more will be in the next proper WoF thread (possibly in the new sub-forum when set up) but just giving you all a head's up for now.

Hope you're all well,

Hurrikane

(could anything be MORE hard-won?)

Well yes, it could be if it were won by a team that won it through their own genuine effort instead of by paying mercenaries to do most of the damage for their so-called main team.

Well yes, it could be if it were won by a team that won it through their own genuine effort instead of by paying mercenaries to do most of the damage for their so-called main team.

Still sounds like an effort to me. There have been 7 WoFs, 5 winners, doesn't seem anyone's hit on the best way to win yet.

H

Still sounds like an effort to me. There have been 7 WoFs, 5 winners, doesn't seem anyone's hit on the best way to win yet.

H

Grats to DACH on their black jackets then, if that's what you think.

If the teams aren't static and you can just buy everyone under the sun, there's no fun in that. You just buy the prizes. It would be even more systemic if the prizes were even half of mayhem quality.

I might have missed something here but wasnt there supposed to be some type of prize cermony for the event?

My personal intrest in the matter is the "Calypso cross".

:scratch2:

WOF has become so LOL all I wanted to write was LOL, but that would be to short

Any remaining prizes should appear in inventories soon if they haven't already.

WoF is off.

Many reasons.

Catch you all again.

Hurrikane

Sad to hear, any chance maybe to actually get some insight on this? Because I know the event takes a lot of effort to setup and run, so maybe there are people who are willing to help out to keep this running. Would be a shame to cancel an event which has been going on for so long...... Especially since it does actually promote team play to some extent which makes it more fun then the mayhems imho.

Sad to hear, any chance maybe to actually get some insight on this?

Maybe one reason is Champions League event on Rocktropia, it's a hunting event (solo) that runs saturdays (SHL) and sundays (ML). It started before WoF got announed, and there are probably a few good hunters in it.

Back