Help: How to begin to Crafting? Cheapest way or bestway?

Hallo,

can somebody say me how i can begin with the crafting. I mean which Blueprint makes sense, that after skilling i can sell maybee the produces things..? Or which way is the cheapest or the best?

Cheapest best way is mining till your eyes bleed. You can make profit doing that while slowly increasing your crafting skills :).

1. Explosive Projectiles Blueprint I - for basic skilling
2. Repair on any MS - additional skills

After you understood how the crafting works, you can move to other BP's

Ingame many people says,

But i think 2. Repair on any MS, give me only the skills, but you get nothing back, because you not Produce something or i thinking wrong?

Do the explosive I with the mission on monria, not sure whichone it is but i'm sure someone knows :yay:

But i think 2. Repair on any MS, give me only the skills, but you get nothing back, because you not Produce something or i thinking wrong?

To begin crafting something valuable you needed gain your skills, including those obtained in this way. If you do not like a long way, just buy skills on auction, after considering the required level of profession here - http://www.jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php

Ingame many people says,

the thing is with repairing on a MS you can get the skill in a day which will take you weeks with the expl bp I...
so i would definately buy some rk-5s and start skilling on MS...

you can use the explosive bp to get experience in the real crafting process, see how the condition slider works, how return works and how it works with near success etc...

the question also is what is your goal in crafting...
you have to realise that crafting can be very expensive and there are really not much options to do in that profession to get good mu return...
there are not much things to craft which really get sold and can make you keep going without loosing ped fast...

what you can do, after you got some skills to start with is craft components which are used in bigger crafts and sell those...
i think if you have some patience and some market knowledge this could work...
i would do it something like this:
study what the gamblers craft, watch the globals which fly by and check what components those carfters need..
this is a good site to check this out:
http://www.candyman.se/pe/bobthebuilder/v2/
examples could be basic sheet metal used for lvl2 amp light and lvl3 amp bps or basic sensor for lvl2 amp bp...
get your hand on those bps preferably with some quality rating on them, they are not that expensive even at qr100...you will lose more if you click them to qr100 yourself...
then do some research, check how much one click of the higher bps use of that component then find out how many clicks people usually do to know what stacks ppl will buy...
try to find out what % you need to sell the product and buy the materials to do good...
try to buy your materials as cheap as possible and sell the outcome as high as possible...wait for highs and lows on the market..sometimes the stack size needed are sold out and you can list for little higher...
BUT even for such low lvl crafting you will need good ped card sth like 1k ped would be good...
sometimes you just have to wait for stuff to sell or wait out if someone floods the market and the price crashes (that is not only important for crafting but for all professions to become succesful in this game)..

Last edited:
Craft whatever you like.

Doesn´t matter what you craft, it gives skills, and if you craft in the area you want to offer crafted products, you get the skills in correct section.

What I mean?

Crafting Explo or repairing MS, doesn´t give skills like:

Armor Technology
Weapon Technology
Attachment Technology

Its not all about Engineering skill, although that is one of the most important in crafting.

Craft whatever you like is not the answer when the question is "cheapest way" or "best way"

chepeast way is trying to break even (or even a bit profit), I archieved a small profit with components (Basic Bearing, Basic Sheets...) small weapons (Kesmek Slo, P5a..)in the past but prices and times are changing and you need to renew your math quite often and some marerials (ATAU, BTAU,) are missing completly in between

Thx a lot, i have buying me a " Explosive Projectiles Blueprint I " with 100 % from the AH and are now on Monria and make the Daily Mission " craft 500 items successfully "... i think it is the best way to start...

Thx a lot, i have buying me a " Explosive Projectiles Blueprint I " with 100 % from the AH and are now on Monria and make the Daily Mission " craft 500 items successfully "... i think it is the best way to start...

Wrong, you will lose peds.

I cannot believe people are suggesting to use exp bp's. This community seems hell bent on making people waste their peds.

These are a ped sink, you will lose ped. Just like MS repairing. Complete waste of ped, you get nothing in return.

Craft low level things that are needed and sell on auction. Listen to Dollymaus, and ignore all idiots saying craft stuff you are just going to tt!

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: if you insist on ignoring, and going with teh exp bp....sell it and buy the skills, it will be a LOT cheaper!

Hmm...crafting low level things with low level Bleuprints with 0 % and with no skills, selling it on auction, with actions fee and the risk that many other newbis have the same idea? And without no idea what low level things the people want to buying. I have not much experince but for me it seems a long way to make with this method Peds.

I have use the Daily 3 times..

1 time, lose 7 Ped
2 Time win 5 Ped
3 Time lose 7 Ped

The Explosive Projectiles i can use and the other things that i get i can sell with markup...? So i have no idea way this way is wrong and the other way is better? I thing in Entropia can a beginner do nothing with losing Peds or? you hunt, has not skilled the weapon you losing Peds. You Heal, has not skilling the Item, you lose Peds. You craft and has not the skills, you lose Peds...

Yeah, i ranted a lot.

But thinking about it, the monria daily with exp bp I, with the engineering prize. Does actually sound like the best idea. And probably cheaper than just chipping in.

Rgds

Ace

Monria mission is the best way to go (and exp bp 1 is the best bp to use for it). With average return you are profiting if you limit your craftings to only 500 successful clicks every day (thx to skill reward there).

With success rate lets say 33% you will need to 1500 clicks every day (30ped worth of clicks).

With average loot (90%) you will get back 27ped tt of loot. Leaving you 3ped loss, but 0,5ped engineering is worth over 10ped. I am not taking into consideration the metal residue you will loot and can trade in bulks and all the skills you get while crafting also.

Monria mission is the best way to go (and exp bp 1 is the best bp to use for it). With average return you are profiting if you limit your craftings to only 500 successful clicks every day (thx to skill reward there).

With success rate lets say 33% you will need to 1500 clicks every day (30ped worth of clicks).

With average loot (90%) you will get back 27ped tt of loot. Leaving you 3ped loss...

Nah... you are contradicting yourselves. I am doing those missions now. 30 PED per day nanocubes - yes, exactly so. And you get 500 successes 500x0,02 PED x1,20 = 12 PED exlosive projectiles (a successful craft gives slightly more then 200 projectiles but rarely many more). And about half of those residue - another 6 PED. So it is 12 PED loss per day. Actually little bit less - between 10 and 11,5. And this is w/o the cost of bp 100 QR (I loaned it my from the soc). I understood this loss will become much less after you gain some levels in mechanical engineering - about lvl 5, I presume (I just hit lvl 3 for 3 missions).

Now my question - can you give me a link pls to a guide for high levels crafting? Two week ago I read some guide which mentioned the real crafting may begin after you hit 4500 points, but lost the link and cannot find it now.

Last edited:
Back