Please add an Item Lock feature !

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
lock.png

Dear MindArk developers,

This suggestion is not new, please implement a way for us to lock/unlock our items to prevent accidental trades, TTs and auctions among other things. It should not be a very difficult thing to do and it would increase the playerbase confidence.

Simply add a "+1" to this thread if you agree.

Thank you.

Last edited:
+1.............

I can't even be bothered to search for just how many times this has been 'suggested/begged for' in the past. :laugh:

I can't even be bothered to search for just how many times this has been 'suggested/begged for' in the past. :laugh:

About the same times we suggested the skill count, and we finally got that implemented.

If it doesnt work I can live with 2 minutes of my time lost to make this thread.

Careful what you ask. MA may read thus as request to lock item to avatar as fully untradeable and unable to go to tt forever

Maybe they should limit the speed of vehicles also, otherwise some ppl manage to crash them in trees and lose tt value of them. Also maybe safety pin on guns, so you dont accidentaly shoot your friends while in pvp area. And also maybe railings on mountains, so you cant fall off and die..

I think there is much more important issues to be addresse before going for new systems, that require some serious testings. I am not against the lock, but i dont see it being that needed.. If you are not paying attention you will find a way to shoot yourself anyways.

Last edited:
+1

I think this is a fantastic idea - and would prove to the player base how much MA values them

+1

Because one time I dragged ammo into the TT but instead my gun appeared there - its not always about someone not being careful, sometimes its also a thing of internet connection and game mechanims...

+1

Items here cost real money, some of them way more than any other item in any other game.
Other games have safety features we don't. Doesn't make sense.

IRL there's no TT-terminals where u could accidentally put your car or your entire house and annihilate it with 2 clicks.

Thus, comparison to other games or real life is meaningless.
There's one more thing. In the RL u don't drive around (or even worse, fly a helicopter) while drunk. IRL u don't go hunting while drunk. Here u can do it and there's nothing wrong with it.

Item lock is a reasonable safety measure. Make it happen (after fixing the broken hitboxes and rare item loot waves).

Well...

I would not mind this since I screwed up in the past and probably will do so in the future. So +1.

+1

I can't think of a single reason this shouldn't be implemented.

+1 (too short)

+1 ( requested for more than 10 years now )

+ 1 for sure........

never happend to accidentally trade/tt a valuable item yet but it wont hurt to lock them just in case :wise:

+1

It still is an extra step you have to think of, but any "smart" automatism is liable to cause new problems, so I'm lacking a better idea. One just has to get used to it like driving with a safety belt.

+1, didn't happened yet but I'd like to prevent tt-ing any valuable stuff

+1, also not happened to me yet, but I see it as a good and SIMPLE function for the good of players.

+ 1 for a looooooooooooong time !

+1 (no comment)

+1. Please consider this MA.

It's a good thing, but I also thing they could have an extra big warning if you are trying to tt something that have a big markup. "Are you really really sure??". Could also be used in auction to prevent all those people selling of 10 CLDs for the price of one CLD......

1 reason = 1000 peds to MA. :poke:

I never said "implement it to be free".

5 ped per lock will render 100 times more ped than the rare occurence of the 1k ped fee.

That said, it should be free.

+1

I see this feature in other games. I don't think it would be that hard to implement and would save them support case time in the future.

+1

Even something as simple as a little tick box on the corner of the item window to lock would help, There was another game I played a long while ago that had that simple feature.

Back