Please add an Item Lock feature !

+1.............

+1 (it should be a craftable padlock)

+1 yes much needed..And could be so simple..one little check box and it becomes user bound while checked.

+1 about time i say....

Maybe they should limit the speed of vehicles also, otherwise some ppl manage to crash them in trees and lose tt value of them. Also maybe safety pin on guns, so you dont accidentaly shoot your friends while in pvp area. And also maybe railings on mountains, so you cant fall off and die..

I think there is much more important issues to be addresse before going for new systems, that require some serious testings. I am not against the lock, but i dont see it being that needed.. If you are not paying attention you will find a way to shoot yourself anyways.

You've clearly never accidentally TT'd something that was valuable because you were tired. I have narcolepsy.. sone times I'm very tired and am prone to mistakes. I've already tt'd imp 105. It is not unreasonable to ask for something to protect items that have real money value... especially when this would in the end create "decay" which is good for MA. Ped to lock and item and ped to unlock.. end of story.

+1 for a feature that should've ben implemented at day 1 of Project Entropia. This is real money Devs. It's a serious matter

+1

but I m afraid MA will not do it because selling eq to tt adds drama to this game. People start to hate EU and we all love to hate this game...

+1

In the mean time a little work arround that I use with some itens that can be tiered:

put enhancers in it and TT won't eat them
(warning this won't protect against sleepy/drunk trades with other players)

+1
This was asked for years ago.
I hope MA shows some respect for their customers this time.

Maybe they should limit the speed of vehicles also, otherwise some ppl manage to crash them in trees and lose tt value of them. Also maybe safety pin on guns, so you dont accidentaly shoot your friends while in pvp area. And also maybe railings on mountains, so you cant fall off and die..

I think there is much more important issues to be addresse before going for new systems, that require some serious testings. I am not against the lock, but i dont see it being that needed.. If you are not paying attention you will find a way to shoot yourself anyways.

That's a poor analogy and quite frankly, a dick reply

+1 for ITEM LOCK

Maybe they should limit the speed of vehicles also, otherwise some ppl manage to crash them in trees and lose tt value of them.

environmental damage doesn't affect tt value dude

After VU all items will be locked due to an small bug.
Two days latter we will get patch with solution.
If you want trade or sell your item you can buy key in TT for few peds and unlock it.
Item will become back locked after trade or after auction is won to balance with all other items that get looted locked or crafted in locked state.

lock.png

Dear MindArk developers,

This suggestion is not new, please implement a way for us to lock/unlock our items to prevent accidental trades, TTs and auctions among other things. It should not be a very difficult thing to do and it would increase the playerbase confidence.

Simply add a "+1" to this thread if you agree.

Thank you.

+1

I asked support for this years ago. A lot of people have been burnt since. At least have a 24hr buyback like some other games do.

+1 from me too

Nice policy bro

Hi O2,

Thank you for your support case.

As Economy has a big part in this game it is required to be observant and to be sure of what you are doing, you should never TT an item you wish to keep as you should always look through the items you sell.

This option in other words should not need to exist as this is even listed in the EULA that you should always look at the receipt before completing the transaction.

It is also so that if such a feature would exist you can be sure that we would have to deal with a lot more cases saying "I swear I put the item lock on but it sold my item anyway" etc so at this time the best solution is for everyone to pay attention when selling and trading.

We do however thank you for the feedback and the suggestion it will be forwarded to our management and I hope I could make you see our side.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

We lost boys.

That's ridiculous!

Rgds

Ace

This is really un-swedish. Me begins to wonder.

This is really un-swedish. Me begins to wonder.

Even if I think it would be a nice feature to have, I also somewhat can understand their thinking. It would always be people that will "forget" to lock their stuff and tt times by mistake. It also possible to do mistakes on the auction, so in general I can understand the policy to remind people that they are alone responsible for their action in game.

We lost boys.

What a ludicrous response from support.

By following that line of thought they could also say that they're getting rid of gold cards because it's our own responsibility to not get hacked.

What a ludicrous response from support.

By following that line of thought they could also say that they're getting rid of gold cards because it's our own responsibility to not get hacked.

For a game that is so proud of the "real money" thing, they sure don't like to take many responsibilities once your cash is already in the system. Look at how quickly he mentioned the EULA :)

This thread will vanish until the next poor fella TTs or trades his shit by mistake.

At least they answered, that was nice.
It was the wrong answer thou. The right answer is, "Item lock feature will be added to our ToDo list".
Suppose we have to wait some more...

Even if I think it would be a nice feature to have, I also somewhat can understand their thinking. It would always be people that will "forget" to lock their stuff and tt times by mistake. It also possible to do mistakes on the auction, so in general I can understand the policy to remind people that they are alone responsible for their action in game.

Understand - yes. Is it the proper response to an identified problem - no. If making mistakes is too easy, it is a trap. In the real world, such accidents waiting to happen are getting tackled as they are found, and the more urgently if it already happened. Sweden especially is known for this being part of contemporary culture, hence the mention.

Understand - yes. Is it the proper response to an identified problem - no. If making mistakes is too easy, it is a trap. In the real world, such accidents waiting to happen are getting tackled as they are found, and the more urgently if it already happened. Sweden especially is known for this being part of contemporary culture, hence the mention.

Well, I for one am quite happy it's not more Swedish. Imagine, you buy 1000 ped of ammo but have to pay 1250 for it, then you go hunt. You loot 900 ped. You sell it for 900 ped but out of those 180 is taxes so you are left with 720. But before putting those back on your ped card, you'd pay 34% tax, leaving you with 480 ped(minus the extra 216 ped you'd pay in additional taxes since you are self employed in here). So you then bring your remaining 274 ped (but you really only have 24 ped left because of the initial 250 you paid when buying your ammo), and hit the tt to buy more ammo...

But at least you get fully healed at revive (after waiting 18 hours) for free.

Can't just mention the positive things ;)

Can't just mention the positive things ;)

+1, hehe. Well, I just spent time there and not all is as bad as people think. I didn't want to blow this out of proportion, but found it noteworthy that the attitude of their response seems at odds with their habitat. If there is a pothole smack right were people keep running into it, they fill it asap, if they can't do it fast they install a temporary warning sign until it is done. In this part of the world one doesn't tell people off to watch their bones like that, if they point out something. Even their revenue service has an official policy line, getting things right should be easy and making mistakes should be difficult. Everybody who works there knows this. Seems at MA they can't quite get the spirit into their product.

Ulf does take the effort to mention what MA think is a consequence of having the lock option - people who make support cases after tt-ing saying they are 'sure' they had the lock on. I think this is actually a valid argument, so why not turn the tables (in a way some have already suggested)...

Put tt-ed stuff in a 'holding area' for 24 hrs, a week, or whatever. If a section (like inventory sections) was set to unl items, we would very quickly see if we had tt-ed an unl item and could click an option to undo.

For all I care, MA could put in a 'returning fee', so that it would be better not to make the mistake in the first place.

It would not take much to implement this - we already have lots of separate 'inventories' already - all the planets, some instances, the auction selling and bought inventories (which also have timers).... so one more for 'lost and found' could be done pretty easily!

In defence of MA's / Ulf's reply, it is not as if there haven't been changes. At one time the Trade terminal and repair terminal looked very similar with just a colour difference, now the terminals look different (at least on Calypso)

They also put additional warnings for tiered items (This item is tier x.x)

But, as my earlier post in this thread shows, I agreed with this being implemented 6 years ago, and thought it might be in place by the end of 2012!

Looks like Item Locks wont be happening, which is a shame. :(

Back