Help: Black screen on launch

sirchadwick

Provider
Society
Benevolence
Sylva Kyra Minor
When I try to launch the black screen pops up clicks and just returns to launcher. Is anyone else having this problem.

When I try to launch the black screen pops up clicks and just returns to launcher. Is anyone else having this problem.

Well I'm not.

You may well need to explain further. How long this has been happening, what version operating system you are using ?

Have you updated recently?

Just happened today. No I haven't updated and I'm using the same operating system i be been using for the past year. Maybe it's avast antivirus I don't know

This has happened to me before, for reasons i don't understand. Restarting my computer usually fixes the problem.

Sounds like a Windows 8 or 10 issue to me as people dont seem to like using numbers. Even after prompting. Turn it off and on again.

:naughty:

Sorry couldn't resist...

I have windows 7 you work for Microsoft.

Same here

I use Windows 8 and I get the same thing. After clicking "Launch" in the Client Loader a pop-up briefly appears and closes down leaving me in the Loader again.

I've been doing updates regularly but since I'm not very EU active atm I can't quite pin point when it stopped working.

Installed Windows 10 and problem still remains.

Now the new window is hardly seen, when it starts popping up it gets closed.

Did the "Repair" in the Client Loader and it found an unexpected .tmp file which got erased.

It works now. Problem solved.

I restarted my pc and it fixed the problem don't know if this would work for anyone else, but I have had no more issues. Now on the other hand, Ark is one buggy mess right now.

Back