Maintenance Fee for Shops (with a twist)

Maintenance Fee for Shops - Good or Bad idea

• Fee with Twist is a GOOD idea

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Fee with Twist is a BAD idea

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • I don't care ...

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

Bear

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
Georg Bear Mavel
Once there has been a Maintenance Fee for Appartments and Shops. If you did not pay this fee, your shop or appartment would be locked and be unaccessable until you paid.

Today you can own a Shop or Appartment as pure speculation investment. Dead Shops up for sale is one result. There are without doubt other reasons for dead shops such as: Shops used as Showoff locations, Storage and other things beside the intended use.

Maintenance Fee for Shops
Depending on the size and location this could be, 10, 20 or 35 PED / Month wihtout capping. For a year this would be 420 PED for a big shop.

The twist
The Maintenance Fee will be offset against the Value of Sales.
For example: Maintenance Fee - Value of Sales x Factor = 35PED - 350PED * 0,1 = 35PED- 35PED = 0 PED
This means that if you sell items for 350PED / Month in a big shop, you don't have to pay any Maintenance Fee!

If you take my other suggestion "Shop Register" into account you will note that both suggestions fit well together and could revive the Shopping locations :wtg:

Last edited:
what that? :scratch2:
For revive shop locations???

I remember RT had a monthly fee of ...10 PED or something.
ND understood that was nonsence and he removed it.
You suggest MA to bring this universal?

It's a bad idea.

what that? :scratch2:

I remember RT had a monthly fee of ...10 PED or something.

ND understood that was nonsence and he removed it.

You suggest to bring this universal?

It's a bad idea

Sell items in your shop and you don´t pay maintenance ... that is quite different from back then!

Last edited:
If its meant as an intensive for more competitive pricing and more useful items in shops then it sounds good.
There are not many good shops at the moment unfortunately.

i hope u understand that many shops are empty because its quite hard to sell items there compared to AH, not many people visit them, and it takes a lot of time to check every shop even in a single mall to see what they have to offer, and in general visiting mall and shops is a pain, waiting for all the items to load and etc... Shops are empty for a reason, they are made into a houses and warehouses because it does not work as it was meant to.

Ofc there are few very popular shops, cuz owners are selling stuff there waaay below AH price, but its on their expenses, so adding additional fee to that loss is madness..

i hope u understand that many shops are empty because its quite hard to sell items there compared to AH, not many people visit them, and it takes a lot of time to check every shop even in a single mall to see what they have to offer, and in general visiting mall and shops is a pain, waiting for all the items to load and etc... Shops are empty for a reason, they are made into a houses and warehouses because it does not work as it was meant to.

I know that, thats because i made the other suggestion as well: Shop Register

With the register you don´t have to run around like stupid anymore. You check where to get what you want and the prices and visit the Shop.
That means if you want to sell in your shop, you can. This also means that only those "Shops" pay a maintenance which are empty or not used as shops. :)

Ofc there are few very popular shops, cuz owners are selling stuff there waaay below AH price, but its on their expenses, so adding additional fee to that loss is madness..

NO! Please read the post / suggestion. If you sell items (for a big shop items with a tt of 350PED / month) you don´t pay maintenance

Please do not post here your garbage ideas for MA, because they can do it ... :mad:

Please do not post here your garbage ideas for MA, because they can do it ... :mad:

What exactly is garbage with this idea? Have you even read the post or (only parts of) the poll question?
Enlighten me please - seriously ... why is it a bad idea?

What exactly is garbage with this idea? Have you even read the post or (only parts of) the poll question?
Enlighten me please - seriously ... why is it a bad idea?

Any additional fees - a bad idea. Most shops is not working not by lack of owner work, but emptiness of area or lazyness of players, which use AH first. You know how many Shops just broken or owned by Marcus Callender (1/3 of all ELM Shops and many others!)? You know that on the Next Island is still a fee (10 PED/month)?
You know that very few people understand how the shops are work and how hard is it management? Ask yourself these questions and maybe you'll quickly sell your (probably unprofitable due to lack of players) shop on an asteroid.
Ask yourself, if you want open a small shop (Shop would grown in future), why you must pay a fee immediately, only because most players can not know about your Shop? Not all people from EU will read this forum or your advertising in planetary network...
Therefore your idea - is bad idea. Because you want to add another fee.

Any additional fees - a bad idea. Most shops is not working not by lack of owner work, but emptiness of area or lazyness of players, which use AH first. You know how many Shops just broken or owned by Marcus Callender (1/3 of all ELM Shops and many others!)? You know that on the Next Island is still a fee (10 PED/month)?
You know that very few people understand how the shops are work and how hard is it management? Ask yourself these questions and maybe you'll quickly sell your (probably unprofitable due to lack of players) shop on an asteroid.
Ask yourself, if you want open a small shop (Shop would grown in future), why you must pay a fee immediately, only because most players can not know about your Shop? Not all people from EU will read this forum or your advertising in planetary network...
Therefore your idea - is bad idea. Because you want to add another fee.

Well, seems you don´t like reading?

You have active Shop? Yes? Good. You sell itemz worth 350 ped / month? Yes? Good... than u do not pay fee!
only lazy shop(owners) pay fee..

You did check & vote for Shop Register? Yes? Good..

Shop management sucks? Write suggestion or wait till i do...

Well, seems you don´t like reading?

You have active Shop? Yes? Good. You sell itemz worth 350 ped / month? Yes? Good... than u do not pay fee!

You also do not like reading.
I will not pay any tax, but I got this for 2 years of my hard work. Why would you want to make life more difficult for a beginner? This is just stupid!

Are u saying that the fee would lead to shop-owners would try to start selling more and the empty/incative shops would decrease?

You also do not like reading.
I will not pay any tax, but I got this for 2 years of my hard work. Why would you want to make life more difficult for a beginner? This is just stupid!

Anyone who starts a new shop and invests around 6-20k and can stock the shop should be able to afford a few ped fee in the first months.. no?
Should we get the Shop Register the "work" which to make a shop public is quite low - since players could check Auction / Shops - simple as that.

What is devaluated are empty non funtional shops.

Last edited:
Are u saying that the fee would lead to shop-owners would try to start selling more and the empty/incative shops would decrease?
:yay:
Yes, because it would cost you money not to sell items in your shop. People who own "empty" shops will try to sell them. Those who buy a shop will try to avoid the fee and do their best to keep the shop active, even if its on minimum.

Beginner can make a succesful Shop with WW. Or with Vibrant Sweat. Shop can be bought for 3-5K PED. But turnover may be not enough for cancelling fee. For me will be enough to sell only one Terramaster 8, for WW Shop - 20 sales is not enough. No more comments here from me if you not understand what I mean...

Your idea is definitely bad

Beginner can make a succesful Shop with WW. Or with Vibrant Sweat. Shop can be bought for 3-5K PED. But turnover may be not enough for cancelling fee. For me will be enough to sell only one Terramaster 8, for WW Shop - 20 sales is not enough. No more comments here from me if you not understand what I mean...

Your idea is definitely bad

Read again: Small Shop = Small Fee (10PED given in my example) - so with 100PED sale in month the fee is canceled. That was the example.

A good point you made: Sweat has a high MU and low tt. My suggestion was about TT (in my head, i did not write that). Make it +tt = Sale Value. That way you can cancel the fee with sweat sales as well.

A good point you made

lol

RLfS_QuDdo8.jpg

I hope MA will not listen you

Some people have shops or booths in remote places so they will get less business than others. Some shops might sell exclusive stuff paintings or furniture so will sell less stuff than some who sells finders or guns. This is bad idea and this is why people was so happy this fee was taken away.

From my perspective it's not helping active shop owners. People who've bought them as speculative investments won't pay the fee and unless it's going to accumulate then it's pointless penalising those shop owners who do operate theirs even if it's low turnover.

Plus there's an easy way to avoid the fee, get a "friend" to buy enough stuff with little or no markup added to qualify for the fee be removed and then put the items back on sale or one 1pec item with huge MU - only the sales tax would be charged.

The real problem with shops happened when the Mall's were added, players stopped looking around and only went to those. How many of the newbies know that the apartment blocks on Calypso have shops at the bottom?

Last edited:
Some people have shops or booths in remote places so they will get less business than others. Some shops might sell exclusive stuff paintings or furniture so will sell less stuff than some who sells finders or guns. This is bad idea and this is why people was so happy this fee was taken away.

Thats why this suggestion does not stand alone but comes along with "Shop Register"

Also the original Fee was without avoidance. You simply had to pay it. The Fee in this suggestion is avoided with ease if you just take a little care of your shop. But it will "hurt" those who do not actually run a shop but simply own them. I think that was the original idea which MA had - but it did not work. First you only had to pay for (i think) 1 month max. and secondly you had to pay it no matter what.

Please try to see the bigger picture: Shops will be open and run or will be sold to those who want to do it if both suggestions become real. Atlast thats what i think...

Please stop trying to give my money away.

I have a shop filled with 210 items on Monria. I do sell things. But not for 350 ped a month, because I cater for new players and have a lot of tt+1 items. So now I have to pay fees? Crap idea.

I gather the idea is to have less dead shops..
Once a month is way too often for a fee.
Once a year, with a handful of emails to the owner, warning of impending fee
might serve a better purpose & accomplish the goal.
Not everyone lives in EU every month...:laugh:

If you really want to change something about the shops, an idea is to make the products deliverable through the planet (like some drones or something). Make something like a player register but with shops and products and you get the product at you in xx seconds or so.

Tho that might be too much of a change and require the acquisition of a delivery drone by the shop owner.

Food for thought.

I have a shop filled with 210 items on Monria. I do sell things. But not for 350 ped a month, because I cater for new players and have a lot of tt+1 items. So now I have to pay fees? Crap idea.

We can just buy 350 ped of ammo from eachother.

bad idea...

STOP TRYING TO MAKE PLAYERS SPEND MORE PEDS IN FEE'S TO MA!!!!

this is not the only thread from someone who has no idea how things work in this game. if this would be implemented many players would sell out, including me.

seriously, knock it off

We can just buy 350 ped of ammo from eachother.

Yep.

Me and another shop owner each list 350 ped of ammo...and buy it from each other once a month.

Thank you for giving MA no benefit for their work of changing the current system, providing no reason for shop owners to stock their stores, and for making us run around on the first Tuesday of every month!

Once there has been a Maintenance Fee for Appartments and Shops. If you did not pay this fee, your shop or appartment would be locked and be unaccessable until you paid.

Today you can own a Shop or Appartment as pure speculation investment. Dead Shops up for sale is one result. There are without doubt other reasons for dead shops such as: Shops used as Showoff locations, Storage and other things beside the intended use.

Maintenance Fee for Shops
Depending on the size and location this could be, 10, 20 or 35 PED / Month wihtout capping. For a year this would be 420 PED for a big shop.

The twist
The Maintenance Fee will be offset against the Value of Sales.
For example: Maintenance Fee - Value of Sales x Factor = 35PED - 350PED * 0,1 = 35PED- 35PED = 0 PED
This means that if you sell items for 350PED / Month in a big shop, you don't have to pay any Maintenance Fee!

If you take my other suggestion "Shop Register" into account you will note that both suggestions fit well together and could revive the Shopping locations :wtg:

So what you want is to have all these locked shops? I understand kind of what your going at and that being if there was a fee maybe players would put more activity into them..but well sorry it would just be the other way around. Kind of why MA removed the fee so there wouldn't be so many dead shops around.

It's sad but very true. Once every other year I have tried to look at shops but gave up due to the slowness of it all.

Edit: BTW yes I did read it.

Last edited:
Back