Info: Can we improve the auction system?

ZPF

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zelos 'Playboy' Fargen
The auction seems to be missing many simple features despite being one of the most essential facets of the virtual economy.

1) One feature I would like to see in particular is the ability to "watch" an auction remotely without having to bid on it. Would save me the trouble of having to keep track of all this manually.

2) Another very easy fix would be setting up the market value for blueprint QRs in a different way. Example, for every 20 points of QR, have separate market value information. At least then we can have ~some~ idea of what the blueprints are actually selling for.

3) Do HUNT THE THING, Arkadia Underground, Hell (etc...) really need their own auctions/storage terminals? What is the logic behind this? (This is more of a question than a suggestion.)

4) How about more advanced filtering / cross filtering? Example, I am trying to buy lyst, give me the ability to see all the lyst auctions for quantities at or below 500 and % Buyout less than 110%.

I'm sure there is plenty that I've missed. The auction has a lot of room for improvement.

"All" Planet filter.
Player vendor search.

"Subcribe" to an auction is an interesting future! But I can live without it.
I think more detailed historical data it will be more usefull.
For example, QR's on BP's buyout, because right now you see some MU that isn't corect!
Condition of item, is another aspect that affect MU and should be filtered.

There is room for improvements in auction system, but it is one of the most "delicate" systems of the economy and for that need extreme attention for both security and functionality issues, before something change.

i wanna be able to set SB and BO values in PEC. c'mon mindark, we pay for it ffs! :mad:

i wanna be able to set SB and BO values in PEC. c'mon mindark, we pay for it ffs! :mad:

Would cause a race to the bottom.

Pixie Arm M + 0.99
Pixie Arm M + 0.98
Pixie Arm M + 0.97

and so on...

I would like to see filters on weapons, such as distance or speed. or maybe not so much as filters, but organizers i guess. or heals on a fap, the ammount or speed of the fap.

remove auction completly

:) Actually, if there would be a Shop Register & Better Advert system.... yeah... that would be fun!

There is no real reason why we don´t have more and Cheaper shops beside the auction.

remove auction completly

Very interesting comment, initially I thought, no - bad move, but when I thought about it - it would achieve the following

1. Reinvigorate the towns as people would need to meet up to trade
2. Give hunters and miners who don't collect large amounts of materials, to sell with some mark up
3. Reinvigorate the towns
4. Improve the social aspect of the game.

I wasn't around in PE and only joined 4 years ago but a lot if the older players reminisce about how the social aspect in PE was much better, maybe this is a way to bring it back - although I can't see MA wanting to lose all those auction fees.

The only down side I can see would be getting hold of hunting / mining equipment quickly, you may have to trawl through pages of trade chat to find a gun , finder or amp at your level.

Last edited:
Very interesting comment, initially I though no bad move but when I thought about it - it would achieve the following

1. Reinvigorate the towns as people would need to meet up to trade
2. Give hunters and miners who don't collect large amounts of materials to sell with some mark up
3. Reinvigorate the towns
4. Improve the social aspect of the game.

The only down side I can see would be getting hold of hunting / mining equipment quickly, you may have to trawl through pages of trade chat to find a gun , finder or amp at your level.

Thats is very true!
I would support this. Maybe you could make a Suggestion Poll :)
I´ll get my ass beaten for doing so :laugh:

I wasn't around in PE and only joined 4 years ago but a lot if the older players reminisce about how the social aspect in PE was much better, maybe this is a way to bring it back - although I can't see MA wanting to lose all those auction fees.

Only down side? I can think of plenty.

Nobody forces anyone to use auctions :scratch2:
So why you all use it if you don't wanted?
Why?
Because the majority like auctions, it is an improvement and there is no question about it

Nobody forces anyone to use auctions :scratch2:
So why you all use it if you don't wanted?
Why?
Because the majority like auctions, it is an improvement and there is no question about it

Not always is the most simple & compfy solution the best. An electronic Auction house such as eBay is great in RL but it is not compareable. EU is digital and you can connect to anyone anytime in EU. Delivery is in an instance...

Question is if you want EU a numbers, investors, gamblers Textadventure - almost what you get with the mobile client.. or a place where people actually interact with each other. This creates bonds and you can submerge in EU.

Killing the Auction (and maybe replace it with a Shopregister, Shops to rent...) would make EU much more alive. No more Auction-Zombies
If you need something, you would need to visit a store or meet someone - getting your VR Ass off your VR Couch :laugh:

Not always is the most simple & compfy solution the best. An electronic Auction house such as eBay is great in RL but it is not compareable. EU is digital and you can connect to anyone anytime in EU. Delivery is in an instance...

Question is if you want EU a numbers, investors, gamblers Textadventure - almost what you get with the mobile client.. or a place where people actually interact with each other. This creates bonds and you can submerge in EU.

Killing the Auction (and maybe replace it with a Shopregister, Shops to rent...) would make EU much more alive. No more Auction-Zombies
If you need something, you would need to visit a store or meet someone - getting your VR Ass off your VR Couch :laugh:

don't tell me.... :scratch2: you are a shop owner!

Don't let your interest guide your judgement ;)

don't tell me.... :scratch2: you are a shop owner!

Don't let your interest guide your judgement ;)

Thats not the point - with the Auction removed MA would def. release more shops at affordable prices. My shops would go down in MU or keep them...

Shops for rent or a good advert system could easly compensate.

"All" Planet filter.
Player vendor search.

Yes yes yes! These are both great.

Removing the auction would be a disadvantage to some. Simply because people in certain time zones would have a lot of trouble buying anything due to their schedules.

Another option would be, raise the auction fees even higher. That way, people can still use auctions, but there would be less incentive.

Thats not the point - with the Auction removed MA would def. release more shops at affordable prices. My shops would go down in MU or keep them...

Shops for rent or a good advert system could easly compensate.

With auctions down.. the ripping off of regular players would start.. No way to know what items are worth (as no auction data), no chance to let the market decide on price (auctions without BO and 1ped SB are great way to see how much something is worth)..
Removing auction would lead to more and more middle men, which lead less and less for the producer and end user.

Only shopowners would win, everyone else (including MA thanks to lower revenues, because ppl cant sell their stuff fast enough to go for another hunting round) would lose.

If Auction would ever get removed, the game would die, it is as simple as that.

With auctions down.. the ripping off of regular players would start.. No way to know what items are worth (as no auction data), no chance to let the market decide on price (auctions without BO and 1ped SB are great way to see how much something is worth)..
Removing auction would lead to more and more middle men, which lead less and less for the producer and end user.

Only shopowners would win, everyone else (including MA thanks to lower revenues, because ppl cant sell their stuff fast enough to go for another hunting round) would lose.

If Auction would ever get removed, the game would die, it is as simple as that.

This game survived a very long time without market value data. I honestly never felt the need for it.

There are arguments on both sides, whether the market value graphs are good or bad for the game.

This game survived a very long time without market value data. I honestly never felt the need for it.

There are arguments on both sides, whether the market value graphs are good or bad for the game.

Before graphs there we plenty of cases of ppl selling their uber items for pennies and even there were auctions, in which you could set SB 1 ped, and let the market decide the fair price.

Before graphs there we plenty of cases of ppl selling their uber items for pennies and even there were auctions, in which you could set SB 1 ped, and let the market decide the fair price.

Those sales were based on what people were actually willing to pay in that moment in time, rather than what was paid a week, month, decade ago. I don't see anything terribly wrong with that. In a way you could say the economy was "more honest" without MU data.

Saying the game would be improved by removing auction is liking suggesting you can lose weight by getting a leg amputated.

If you want to be nostalgic to 2006 (as far back as I can go personally and where there was a perfectly functional auction system) the items being shout sold in local chat in PA were usually items that traders bought (foul bones, molisk teeth, sweat, fruit, dung) and here is the important bit:

THEN THEY REFINED IT & PUT IT ALL ON AUCTION!!!
:laugh:

Saying the game would be improved by removing auction is liking suggesting you can lose weight by getting a leg amputated.

If you want to be nostalgic to 2006 (as far back as I can go personally and where there was a perfectly functional auction system) the items being shout sold in local chat in PA were usually items that traders bought (foul bones, molisk teeth, sweat, fruit, dung) and here is the important bit:

THEN THEY REFINED IT & PUT IT ALL ON AUCTION!!!
:laugh:

Yup thats how it was done, and still is (ore buyers for example)

Back