Damage per PEC is irrelevant

truantduck said:
It's not that hard. With a big enough sample you can get very good information that can lead you to some fairly eye-opening conclusions.

You would have to do every animal/weapon/skill combination and fire thousands of shots... Not to mention the fact that every attack you perform changes the calculations used because your skills would be rising throughout the sampling period. Ever think that what weapon your using might also effect loot? Not saying I belive this, but we just don't know. The conclusions might be "eye opening" but they would be invalid. Too many unknown variables.

Last edited:
If you say so. What do I know.

Im sorry Arise, I have not recieved any PM from you at any of the forums I frequently visit. Please try send it again.

And this thread was fun :) Nice theorys, some better then others. There's a pretty solid pattern in the replys in this thread though. Im sure someone more then me has noticed the pattern.. no ?

Kalashi you need to go back and re-read Malvaktens post, he has it right. You say that decay is either 1 or 2 pec when you fire the weapon. I believe you. The reason for this is that it isnt really either of those it is some fraction in the middle. The fractional value gets truncated when it is displayed but it is still there. Like Malvakten said, if you are getting both 1 and 2 pec decays on the same gun the gun might have 1.25 pec decay, or 1.5, or anything in between 1 and 2. If, for example, the guns actuall decay was 1.25 pec then you would see it as 1 pec, 1 pec, 1 pec, 2 pec, 1 pec, 1 pec, 1 pec, 2 pec.... etc etc. If the gun had a 1.5 pec decay you would see that as 1 pec, 2 pec, 1 pec, 2 pec... etc. Get it?

CHollman82 said:
Kalashi you need to go back and re-read Malvaktens post, he has it right. You say that decay is either 1 or 2 pec when you fire the weapon. I believe you. The reason for this is that it isnt really either of those it is some fraction in the middle. The fractional value gets truncated when it is displayed but it is still there. Like Malvakten said, if you are getting both 1 and 2 pec decays on the same gun the gun might have 1.25 pec decay, or 1.5, or anything in between 1 and 2. If, for example, the guns actuall decay was 1.25 pec then you would see it as 1 pec, 1 pec, 1 pec, 2 pec, 1 pec, 1 pec, 1 pec, 2 pec.... etc etc. If the gun had a 1.5 pec decay you would see that as 1 pec, 2 pec, 1 pec, 2 pec... etc. Get it?

The way I read Kalashi's post is like this: You take the weapon on a hunt and repair afterwards. Doing some calculation you get 1 pec decay. THEN on the next hunt you do the same calculation, but the result is 2 pec decay.

I think what Kalashi is trying to say is that it decays differently from hunt to hunt or from day to day, NOT from 1 shot to another.

I'm not saying this is the way it is, only the way I read her post.

I too agree with this :)

For one im not noticing any real bigger damage gains from upgrading to mod 117 from adj 97.. but that im paying an little more in decay :(

Back