Damage per PEC is irrelevant

i partly agree.. in the real world, since no one gets max even some of the time, the charts are merely guides, and the diffs between gun a and b are academic at best. but i think dmg/pec still makes an overall difference.

lets say with gun a, low dmg/pec, you get range of dmg xx% - zz%
-and-
same deal, with gun b, high dmg/pec, range of dmg xx% - zz%

considering the range for both guns is generally the same for you, since one is more efficient than the other, even tho youre not maxing out the weapon, dont you pay less overall for each point of dmg? so may as well use the highest efficiency weapon that you can, especially to help smooth out the lost money from lag/missed shots.

Crys said:
considering the range for both guns is generally the same for you

Going slightly off topic.. but this just clicked with me....

I have noticed that I am doing more dmg to mobs when using a rifle from a further distance than from up close... So one more stastic you might add in is =~

(aim skill / distance ) * (Weapon durability / Inflict damage Skill) * (Anatomy Skill / the average of you general skills))

all over (The % chance Skam will be thinking about bunny ears today !!)

Well, we'll leave out that last part.. but i am inclined to think that... ALL our skills in relation to our current actions are, will produce a % outcome of success.

PE is a game made by people that have a social standard to relate to ... so many of the equations you see in real life will be the same for the game...

Just a rambling thaught when trying to hack the grand equation of the PE universe (and beyond!)

Well.
Damage per pec DOES matter. do a certain extent.
4.3 or 4.4, not much of a difference.

But I tried a shottie.
Swine Deluxe. 2.8dmg pec. and THAT sucked.
I lost 200ped, on 190ped ammo. Usually this is veryveryvery hard to manage. unless the loots are totally abcent. but they werent, the loots were actually ok.

better dmg/pec weapons give you a better dmg/pec "range". to take an extreme example; one weapon do 5 max dmg/pec and the other does 10 max dmg/pec. of course you will be more economic with the last weapon, because the possibility of doing more dmg/pec is there. i believe the same applies to "normal" weapons in the game, but on a smaller scale. whips are an exception :)

yup every gun and fap skipps a shoot now and then but its way different with the adj 2722, this one actually stalls(sometimes you need to unequip the weapon to make it work again)

and trust me this one does not have to do with server performance or skill or whatever;)

I would have laughed of this until very recently.
I got myself a maddox+dante and though(despite everyone telling me not to get it), hell this rox for a 1k gun combo!
4.3 damage per pec or something! pwnszorz!!
until I found myself loosing constantly with it.. I do belive this wep requires some high skills, and/or decay is linked to loot.

Hmm,.. this all seems very interesting.
I kno some people claim that they get better hunting results with weapons decaying more and such. And weapons with really nice dmg/pec such as 1x0 gives really bad loots or is too hard to use.

Gonna try to experiment that myself soon and hopefully I will come with interesting results.

Moser said:
I would have laughed of this until very recently.
I got myself a maddox+dante and though(despite everyone telling me not to get it), hell this rox for a 1k gun combo!
4.3 damage per pec or something! pwnszorz!!
until I found myself loosing constantly with it.. I do belive this wep requires some high skills, and/or decay is linked to loot.

:tongue2: told you so :girl: boy

i liked the part "But, there's a BIG but" most :D :laugh: :laugh: :tongue2:

rstock said:
Well.
Damage per pec DOES matter. do a certain extent.
4.3 or 4.4, not much of a difference.

But I tried a shottie.
Swine Deluxe. 2.8dmg pec. and THAT sucked.
I lost 200ped, on 190ped ammo. Usually this is veryveryvery hard to manage. unless the loots are totally abcent. but they werent, the loots were actually ok.

Well, thats just silly really...its a pK weapon, i thought that much was obvious? :wise:

mdx4+dante is an overall 4.28 dmg/pec, excellent gun, especially for the money. usually a gun with such high stock dmg/pec costs more, but it doesnt, which is good. besides, any jackass can craft a mdx4, so price stays low =D

but yeah, youre onto something there. a weapon with faster reload, or lower dmg/pec, should only be used with higher skill. its reeeeeaaal easy to piss away alot of ammo/decay with a fast gun or skill-hungry gun during periods of lag or when youre in the skill 'dip,' you know what i mean.. sometimes you get strings of good dmg, other times theres like a 1-2m period where you miss ALOT. so with lotsa missed shots, a fast gun is not your friend, at that moment.

bottom line even if dmg/pec doesnt matter (though most agree it does), reload does.. faster reload just means potentially faster waste. choose yer gear accordingly, based on yer skill and average game performance/lag etc.. like we all should have been doing all this time =D

Etopia said:
so you say loot are linked to weapon or to decay ?
is loot are better when decay is highter ?
since all new item decay more and more , soon evryone will profit then ?

loot is linked to decay, not weapon and and some influence from skills.
average loots isnt better (here btw damage/pec works), u got more globals and hofs, which ones doesnt mean profit (which one is most important thing ingame for me).
and most influence on profit comes from damage/pec chart.
and theory about some equal weapons which ones does different average damages is myth. i tested this thing with damage logers on many thousand shoots with many weapons. average damage % is influenced only by skills (yes atachments doesnt work here too). Maybe melee weapons have other system. But ranged ones (no dependancy LWT or BLP) work in this way. :wise:

P.S. average damages/skills changing sometimes in VU's :wise:

hunterz, mind running that by us again?

HunterZ, that damage logger program you speak of, do you mind sharing the name of it, and perhaps a download link also ?

Well I have tested this too, in the same way that you say you did, and my result is as I write in my initial post. But yes, perhaps it doesnt apply to all players, and as I said in the initial post, sometimes the hidden features of an item might be based on skills. Low or high, we do not know that.

I would like to know as well. If I had known one existed I could have saved a lot of time I spent starting to develop my own :rolleyes:

Kalashi said:
Well, thats just silly really...its a pK weapon, i thought that much was obvious? :wise:

Obvious or not its a PK gun... I just wanna make a point that dmgpec does matter to a certain extent.

Devil Doll said:
Truantduck/Mjukis -

To expand upon my statement. I have hunted for months in the same area at the same times with one kit. Then I switched to a higher decaying, less efficient, and under powered kit. It took much longer to kill the mobs and my overall decay (including FAP and Armor) was higher but I consistantly profited. Nearly every single hunt.

Ahh, I understand more where you are coming from now...

I'm sure the equipment you used had a lot to do with your overall experience, but allow me to suggest the possiblity that the results you write about could have varried for several several reasons...

1) Loot cycle / new vu
2) Luck
3) mob weakness to damage type
4) lag conditions
5) smaller weapons create less "overkill" (my word for the damage you do above and beyond that needed to kill a mob)
6) smaller weapons create less waste when you miss. So if you are hunting in a situation where you often miss the 2nd shot when the mob turns to run, then you are wasting less with small weapon. (weird example, but will effect returns)
7) amp / no amp can affect the dynamics of your hunt.

Anyway, good discussion. I can't wait to read more of research into this issue. :)

damage loger is self made - its a simple screenshot analyzator. :)

HunterZ said:
damage loger is self made - its a simple screenshot analyzator. :)

DirectX hax?

you take screen grab and converts to text?

Also certain weapons have 'varying' decay...

By this i mean the decay/click varies, not just Vu to VU but every other short or so.

Other than this a soc mate mentioned to me yesterday, the reason there are 'hidden' skills, traits, characteristics to different weapons, is that MA can change them accordingly without the public knowing, and this way sticking to thier 'we do not unbalance game by changing items' motto.

I think this is kinda cool to be honest, they can tweak settings etc as and when they like without creating a fuss :)

Hey HunterZ,

I am also developing screen capture/text converter for damge reports. If you don't mind sharing, it would probably save lots of us a lot of time if you have it developed.

In other words...
Please, Please, Please, Please, Pretty Please with sugar on top

:eureka: :love: :poke:

Lots of people started doing screenshot message analysers.
Too bad they don't want to share the info on how to do it.

So, here it is... the original pic. It is a jpg featuring damages from Angel :)
21.jpg

And here is the "filtered" pic. ;)
21_modified.jpg

How to get the black background instead of the landscape?
Simple. Raise the Contrast and if you want the Saturation to max and weee!!!

All you have to do now is to extract the text with whatever color from a black background. I guess it's easy now :)

Do not get fooled by the little "errors". It's only a jpg, that is a lossy compression. If you stick to the BMP format, you will get the right results. ;)

Good luck!

I don't think you need to filter the image at all since the color of the font is overlayed on the background. I think you can just parse out the font using it's color. The only worry is if there is a pixel of that color in the background, but I don't think there... Anyway... thats all for me on this subj in this thread... as not to thread steal.

Last edited:
No you don't have to filter image, depending on what method you are using to extract the data. Thing is you want to do it in realtime and without creating jerkyness in the game, so less image processing is the goal. But since those kind of programs are not allowed in PE I don't really understand why people have to know...

Processing an BMP image like I did above can't affect the terms and conditions. It's nothing more than a bitmap processed, so I'm not doing something ilegal.

If you take a screenshot (without GCS, since it's a third party program) and process the BMP image after you have played PE I guess it's legal. But somehow then it would be as easy to store the damages manually...

pplz who speak about contrast raise- u heard sometimes something about RGB? :)

Pressing the PrtScr key while in game will fill the Clipboard with a bitmap.
Every application registered to be notified about clipboard changes will have access to that bitmap.

All you have to do is to press PrtScr key when the time is right, the PE application will fill the clipboard, and your clipboard monitoring program will get the bitmap, process it, and save the text.

This program will not change, modify, alter or influence in any way the client game, so is just legal.

P.S. And no, I don't know too much about color processing, so I don't know how to play with RGB colors. Raising contrast is something that I've found out to be working, but if others have better suggestion...

taking screeenshots isnt ilegal, and what i do with them after, is only my problem.

Back